Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 15 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 25 reviews
on May 15, 2015
This book was like altering! Sisters came to me recommended by a friend who'd found it to be helpful, I've reached out to her several times to thank her for mentioning the book to me. I may have never found it in my own. The book is a great read and should be mandatory for Brown women to read.
on January 9, 2017
Great book must read.
on January 12, 2017
Excellent book; very timely. 2nd purchase - highly recommended. Shipping and delivery was excellent. Thank you.
on February 14, 2017
The most truthful and inspirational text I've read in awhile! So appreciated!
on July 16, 2015
bell hooks saved me while I was in grad school! Her scholarship was just what I needed: honest, fresh, pointed. She is still the most important woman scholar years later.
on October 20, 2012
This copy was a gift to my niece, but I teasure this book and the message it provides. It offers critical thoughts for Black women to reflect upon. It encourages the creation and caretaking of a well balanced life-mind, body and soul. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!
on March 6, 2014
Everyone should read this book.
I feel like everything in my life is making more sense.
This book is affirming my thoughts and beliefs.
on October 11, 2013
Interesting book. Got it for class. Great for sociology students or anyone interested in the topic in general. Well-known author in academia.
on June 25, 2010
Sometimes we don't know what we need till it is almost too late. I encourage all (black) women to pick this book up it may very well save you a trip through the emr
on July 12, 2010
A wonderful, thoughtful book with useful strategies for self-recovery for everyone, not just black women.