Over 70 incredibly effective and practical recipes to get you up and running with Sitecore developmentAbout This Book
Who This Book Is For
- Build enterprise-level rich websites quickly and deliver the best possible content management to your website
- Get maximum usage of functionalities like different user interfaces, workflow, publishing, search, analytics, etc and learn different rendering techniques using presentation components for data bindings, events, handlers, schedulers, media, etc.
- Add a surprising amount of functionality just by customizing the Sitecore architecture through the best practices contained in this book
If you are a Sitecore developer or a programmer who wants to expand your Sitecore development skills, this book is ideal for you. You will need working knowledge of ASP.NET WebForms or MVC, as well as HTML, and a basic knowledge of Sitecore installation.What You Will Learn
- Create, access, and personalize your website content using different Sitecore presentation components
- Learn how to extend the presentation components to fulfill some real-life requiremnts such as improving the site's performance, generating Rss feeds and so on
- Work with multiple websites on a single Sitecore instance and create multilingual websites
- Customize the Sitecore interfaces as per your business requirements to provide easier and error-free user interface to content authors to save time and improve accuracy
- Customize the Sitecore backend architecture as per your business needs
- Automate tasks and achieve scalability by altering the development and configuration settings
- Integrate external systems with Sitecore to import or export content and secure user interactions
- Integrate the advanced features of analytics and personalization, to get the best possible customer experience and generate its reports
This book will get you started on building rich websites, and customizing user interfaces by creating content management applications quickly. It will give you an insight into web designs and how to customize the Sitecore architecture as per your website's requirements using best practices.
Packed with over 70 recipes to help you achieve and solve real-world common tasks, requirements, and the problems of content management, content delivery, and publishing instance environments. It also presents recipes on Sitecore's backend processes of customizing pipelines, creating custom event handler and media handler, setting hooks and more. Other topics covered include creating a workflow action, publishing sublayouts and media files, securing your environment by customizing user profiles and access rights, boosting search capabilities, optimising performance, scalability and high-availability of Sitecore instances and much more.
By the end of this book, you will have be able to add virtually limitless features to your websites by developing and maintaining Sitecore efficiently.
Style and approach
This easy-to-follow guide is full of hands-on recipes on real-world development tasks to improve your existing Sitecore system. Each topic is presented with its benefits and detailed steps to achieve it through well-explained code and images.