Your Garage Beauty LyingGame STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change
Price:$7.00+ $3.99 shipping

Showing 1-10 of 20 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 48 reviews
on March 29, 2012
SIX BITS, a novel by Michael Ringering, is one of those stories that compel the reader to find every free moment to read. The characters, subplots, settings, and timelines are like pieces of a patchwork quilt that are gradually stitched together to create a work of beauty. But that beauty is only complete after those wrinkled quilt pieces are ironed out and the loose stitches redone. The characters are ones we can relate to. The emotional issues and broken relationships are believable because they are similar to those conceivably experienced by us, our friends, and members of our families. The main character, Jack Clarke, is taken back to an earlier place in time where he is forced to review his relationships with his family and his God. Through supernatural events and the pain filled searching of his soul, Jack Clarke finds redemption and renewed love for his wife and two daughters. Readers are left with the urge to reflect upon the relationships in their own lives and to consider placing their lives in the hands of a higher being.
on December 31, 2011
Once beginning Six Bits I couldn't put it down. I was glad to be home on Winter Break to have the luxury of reading without stopping. The book was an inspirational journey, leaving me with hope that change is possible. I marked several passages I would like to revisit. I could deeply connect with the scripture selections and prayers of characters! This book is a must read for anyone doubting mankind, relationships, or faith! On a personal note, I wish all men would read this book! The message this book delivers is what every woman wants men to realize!
on March 25, 2012
'Michael Ringering does a brilliant job telling the story of a young man who has become lost in the secular world of success and money, and his journey back to finding what is truly valuable in life. Ringering was able to make the story come off the page. I felt like a fly on the wall as I watched Jack travel on his journey. It was as though a movie was playing in my head. The extraordinary attention to detail is what brought the story alive, making it hard to put down. Every page turn meant another twist in the life of Jack. I believe we can all see a bit of ourselves in the life of Jack and can learn something from his journey. Truly a must-read novel from this first time author.
on December 19, 2011
Jack London Clark is a man you will love to hate..until you find that you can't hate him anymore. When Jack embarks upon a journey across time to bring home his wife and two daughters, he discovers he is also on a journey to find himself - and the person he forgot he wanted to be. You will not want to put this book down as you find yourself becoming drawn in to a tale of redemption and love. This book far exceeded my expectations - I couldn't stop turning to the next page!
on February 6, 2012
I started reading this book and found myself unable to put it down. This is the best book I've read in a long time and is nothing like I have read before..it is very unique. You feel like you are there with the characters witnessing what they are going through..I cried at the end! I highly recommend this book and actually have to many family and friends!! It has an amazing, unique story line...not one you will soon forget. It will keep you on the edge of your seat until the very end. Now that I am done reading it I find myself missing the characters! Great book!!
on December 20, 2011
This book is a great read - fun and intriguing - but also deeply emotional. I was sure I had the ending figured out halfway through, but was surprised! I never lost interest in the story and the characters came to life immediately. The author was very descriptive in the persona of each one. The story is reminiscent of a classic dickens tale, but takes on twists that really have a life of their own. If you enjoy reading a novel with characters that you can root for - this is one to consider.
on July 10, 2016
One of the best books, I've read in a longtime!
Couldn't wait to get to see how it ended, but then I wanted more.
on January 21, 2012
Finished reading the amazing book "Six Bits" by Michael Ringering. A modern day mystery story with the writting of a Charles Dickens era. Michael's descriptive writting makes you feel the main character's emotional journey. I was hooked from the beginning to the end of a story of hope and redemption. I highly recommend this book. Can't wait for Michael's next novel.
on January 19, 2012
A great read for anyone who enjoys mystery and adventure. I was hooked from the first chapter. Jack Clarke goes on a journey that many of us can only wish we could experience. He learns what is most important in life, which Mr. Ringering brings home to all of us reading the book. I could not put the book down and cannot wait to read another novel by the author.
on January 24, 2013
Another book that is difficult to put down. I read it over the winter break and just loved it. There are so many twist to the story that it keeps you involved in the plot and many times you are surprised with the outcomes as they happen. This is a story that anyone can relate to and it really makes you think.