- Novels you can devour in a few hours
- Impossible to stop reading
- All original content from Jeremy Bates
"I just tore through Helltown by Jeremy Bates and I have to tell you - I am fast becoming a fan! The latest in Bates' World's Scariest Places books is a bloody romp through backwoods horrors and Satanic Terrors. Reminiscent of books by Richard Laymon, the story telling is hard and fast, barely leaving you any breathing room between thrills." - Top 1000 Reviewer Vine Voice on Helltown
"Thriller fans and readers of Stephen King, Joe Lansdale, and other masters of the art will find much to love in this highly recommended, action-packed read." - Midwest Book Review on Island of the Dolls
"Bates' approach to the story is surprisingly restrained, cultivating impressive frights in the unnerving environment...an understated horror story that will remind readers what chattering teeth sound like." - Kirkus Reviews on Suicide Forest
"Bates takes an intriguing premise to shocking lengths, revealing the outcome only in an epilogue. A graphically violent story with building suspense and a moral about where weaving such a web may lead." - Booklist on White Lies
"Jeremy Bates has written a great book that would make a great Hollywood screenplay." - Suspense Magazine on The Taste of Fear
"The Catacombs is easy to consume whole, like a shocking, but delicious, pint of ice cream, as Bates never shies away from the bad or the ugly. If you are looking for something to give you chills before you go to bed or make you think twice about turning off your light, then The Catacombs is the book for you." - San Francisco Book Review on The Catacombs
"This is one of those books that invites you to read it in one sitting." - Hellnotes on Suicide Forest
"The story culminates in a tense situation and a surprising yet satisfying ending...well written and an exciting thriller." - Suspense Magazine on White Lies
"Read this book. It will give you the major creeps. It's one of those that will make your skin crawl." - Scream Magazine on Island of the Dolls
"The Catacombs is a thrilling descent into the unknown, peeling back the dark layers like a rotting onion, tears running down your face as you try to climb your way out. A hypnotic story of buried truths, disfigured creatures, and lost histories told with an authoritative voice full of heart and insight." - Richard Thomas, Bram Stoker nominated author on The Catacombs
"Big on suspense...think of The Blair Witch Project with the exception being that this takes place in...a real haunted setting." - HorrorAddicts on Suicide Forest
"Here's an enjoyable book to lose yourself in. Jeremy Bates doesn't miss a trick, teasing and misleading, ratcheting up the tension as the heroine...loses traction on a slippery slope of deceptions." - Glenn Kleier, New York Times bestselling author on White Lies
"A horror story like none other...makes for a read that will delight horror fans who want their novels steeped in psychological suspense as well as action." - Midwest Book Review on The Catacombs
"Jeremy Bates has written a spellbinding horror story that steadily heightens in suspense until the tension of individuals in desperate straits reaches epic proportions, resulting in an explosive climax followed by a nerve-racking scene in the epilogue." - Bestsellersworld on Suicide Forest
From the Author
- Suicide Forest - The bad news is they're lost. There is no good news.
- The Catacombs - As close to hell as you're likely ever going to get.
- Helltown - The luckiest die first and fast. The others, well...
- Island of the Dolls - Come and see the dolls, but don't expect to leave alive.
- Mountain of the Dead - Freezing to death is the least of their worries.
- Mosquito Man - Are you afraid of the dark? You should be.
- New America: Utopia Calling - A brave new world.
- White Lies - You never know where a lie may lead...
- The Taste of Fear - In the jungle, no one can hear you scream.
- Black Canyon - The new face of evil.
- Run - You can run but you can't hide.
- Rewind - Nothing is what it seems.
- Neighbors - You never know what kind of psycho may be living next door.
- Six Bullets - When there's no reason left to live, what would you do with your last six bullets?
- Box of Bones - Time is running out.
- The Mailman - Be careful what you wish for.
- Re-Roll - Life can be a bitch.
- Dark Hearts - Four critically acclaimed short novels.
- Bad People - Four critically acclaimed short novels.
- World's Scariest Places: Volume One - This omnibus edition includes books one and two in the bestselling World's Scariest Places series.
- World's Scariest Places: Volume Two - This omnibus edition includes books two and three in the bestselling World's Scariest Places series.
- The Midnight Club Super Box Set - The complete collection of the award-winning Midnight Book Club short novels.