Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $6.18 shipping
Six Cell Cowpot, 3-inch, 12-Pack
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- CowPots give seedlings a better start: Tender, young roots easily penetrate the sides and bottoms of CowPots. Secondary root development throughout the pot grow into dense, healthy root systems recognized as critical to growing healthy plants.
- CowPots are the “pots you plant” – no tearing of pot wall needed. Simply place the planted CowPot in the ground. Since the roots are not disturbed, your plants suffer no transplant shock, and establish themselves immediately. You’ll see the difference!
- CowPots have been rigorously tested and validated by numerous universities and growers. Testing has revealed that starting plants in CowPots can help shorten the growing cycle, and provide increased plant vigor over other plant starter pots!
- CowPots are the best choice for seed starting. Made from cow manure, they are 100% peat free. They decompose faster, biodegrade, and add value to your garden just like manure. Good for you and for the environment!
- Completely odorless CowPots actually break down in your garden in one growing season and provides valuable organic matter to the soil. No plastic waste, just happy healthy plants.
- All Natural Made with 100% Renewable Composted Cow Manure
- CowPots stay intact for up to 12 weeks before planting in the ground
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Sow or Transplant
Fill CowPots with potting soil mix and plant seeds (according to directions on seed packet) or transplant seedling.
Water and fertilize as needed. Give the pot time to harden between watering.
When seedlings are ready for planting, simply place CowPots into soil, and water.
Cowpots last for months above ground but once transplanted into garden soil, the pots begin to degrade and enhance your garden soil.
Why use wasteful plastic pots or fiber pots when you can use CowPots?
The manure we use to make CowPots is a renewable resource, unlike peat mined from bog eco-systems or plastic made from fossil fuels. When deciding between CowPots vs. peat pots, our main ingredient, manure is 100% renewable and recycled because we use it first to capture methane which we burn as biogas to heat our farm buildings. Read more about the sustainable practices on our farm. In making CowPots, we extract green-energy from the manufacturing process, reducing our carbon footprint. By collecting and using manure to create a truly 'green' product, CowPots – and your use of them – help farmers preserve clean, open spaces.
CowPots give seedlings a better beginning. Tender, young roots easily penetrate the sides and bottoms of CowPots, growing freely. This allows for air pruning and formation of root buds. Secondary root development throughout the pot grow into dense, healthy root systems recognized as critical to growing healthy plants!
I've used peat pots, isn't this the same thing?
CowPots are an exciting alternative to peat. CowPots are peat-free. Their porous walls allow for better root penetration than peat, and they actually decompose in the same growing season.
Do I need to rip or tear the CowPot before planting in the ground?
No, ripping or tearing harms plant roots. Unlike other starter pots, CowPots eliminates transplant shock because the porous pot walls eliminate the need for tearing or ripping and allow for continued root growth after planting.
How can I tell if I'm properly watering my seedlings?
You can tell by color or touch. When pot walls are dark brown and moist to the touch, they do not need to be watered. When light brown and dry, it's time to water again.
Made from 100-Percent renewable composted cow manure, CowPots give seedlings a better start. Tender, young roots easily penetrate the sides and bottoms of CowPots, allowing for unrestricted growth and healthier roots mean stronger plants. Planted CowPots breakdown fast in the ground. Composted manure naturally biodegrades quickly, so at 3 to 4 weeks, decomposition is well underway. CowPots are long-lasting before planting seedlings in the ground – staying intact for up to 12 weeks-plenty of time to give seedlings a good strong start. Best of all, the manure in Cowpots is a renewable resource, unlike peat which is mined from bog eco-systems or plastic which is derived from finite fossil sources.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I will buy again as they are convenient, but I'm not picky and have even used Solo cups in the past. It will be nice to just put these in the ground instead of damaging roots by removing from a pot.