- Series: Six-Week Start-Up: A Step-By-Step Program for Starting Your
- Paperback: 283 pages
- Publisher: Planning Shop; First Edition edition (June 1, 2004)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0966963598
- ISBN-13: 978-0966963595
- Product Dimensions: 8.3 x 0.8 x 9.8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.6 pounds
- Average Customer Review: 28 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #473,614 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Six-Week Start-Up: A Step-By-Step Program for Starting Your Business, Making Money, and Achieving Your Goals! Paperback – June 1, 2004
There is a newer edition of this item:
See the Best Books of 2018 So Far
Looking for something great to read? Browse our editors' picks for the best books of the year so far in fiction, nonfiction, mysteries, children's books, and much more.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Publisher
Is This Book for You?
This book is a step-by-step guide for getting a successful business up and running fast. It covers all aspects of launching a business, from licenses, to bookkeeping to marketing to setting up shop. Everything is presented in a step-by-step format with checklists, worksheets, and top-notch advice from one of Americas most highly regarded business writers.
This book is for you if:
* Youre currently in the process of starting your own business and want to get things done as efficiently as possible, yet still do them right.
* You want to make certain you take care of all the details of getting a business underway, organize the process, and get some good advice.
* Youre going to start a business soon and need a plan on how to go about it.
* You have an idea for a business but dont know where to start.
* You already run a business but would like to improve operations, marketing, and/or take care of essential aspects of growing a company.
* Youre a student in an entrepreneurship or small business class and need to launch a complete business in a limited time period.
You probably do not need this book if:
* Youve been in business many years, and youre not expanding or changing your business significantly.
* Youve started many businesses successfully before and are starting another one; while this book may be a good organizing tool, its likely to cover information youve already learned from experience.
* You have no idea whatsoever of what business you want to start. If thats the case, consider "What Business Should I Start?" also published by The Planning Shop.
From the Inside Flap
You have a great idea for a business--but now comes the tough part: making it happen. From licenses to bookeeping to marketing to setting up shop, Six-Week Start-Up guides you through every step of getting your business up and running successfully--and fast!
For many would-be business owners, coming up with a great business idea is easy; it's getting the business up and running that's overwhelming! If you're ready to start your business, but have no idea where to begin, this new book by best-selling author and nationally-syndicated columnist Rhonda Abrams is for you!
Rhonda breaks down the entire process of launching a business into a six week process. Each week, you'll address specific goals and tasks, such as developing your company brand (name, logo, etc.), analyzing your competition, or finding an office or retail location. And at every step of the way, Rhonda will be there to provide specific instructions, tips, advice, and resources.
Week-by-Week Checklists. See exactly what you need to do on a weekly basis. Each checklist item corresponds to detailed information about getting that task done quickly.
Dozens of Worksheets. These carefully designed tools help you work through important issues and decisions.
"Questions to Ask." Before you meet with an accountant, lawyer, investor, graphic designer, potential employees, or others, make sure you're armed with these lists of important questions for them.
"Red Tape Alerts." Stay out of trouble in areas related to taxes, laws, employment rules, and more.
Comparison Shopping Charts. Make smart purchasing decisions on everything from computers to office space.
Comprehensive Resource Links. Find the key information you need quickly and accurately.
Expert Advice. Rhonda's books have helped literally thousands of businesses get off the groundshe can help you, too!
Clarifying your business concept and defining meaningful goals
Conducting market research and developing your strategic position
Handling government requirements: licenses, permits, taxes
Managing your money: bookeeping, budgets, credit cards, investors
Developing an effective marketing and sales campaign
Hiring and leading great employees
Setting up your office/store/plant effectively
Getting and staying organized
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Some of it is common sense such as hiring good employees and knowing your costs. However, there is so much to do when starting your own business I can see how some of these details could be lost in the shuffle. I plan on keeping this book as a reference because it does have a lot of helpful information.
She does have some information on laws and taxes, but for the most part she says to consult a lawyer or accountant. If you are looking for a book that addresses the legal aspect this book will only give you an introduction.