Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Wonder Woman now available on Blu-ray, 3D, and 4K Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 87 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 123 reviews
on April 12, 2013
The Skagen Men's 233LTMB Black Titanium Mesh Bracelet Watch is a very slim and good looking watch. If you're looking for a big, rugged-looking watch then this is not what you want. The watch is a lot smaller than I expected it to be, despite all the pictures and videos that I've seen on it.

If you're looking for something light, slim and just minimal then this watch is perfect. I've had it for a year and a half now and it still looks and works like new. Note that you MAY get a watch that does not look the same as the picture. Mine has the word Titanium on the very bottom instead of in the middle like the picture shows.

Watch description:
- No second-hand, only minute and hour.
- No date or any other modes.
- No back light, although it does have a lume...but that doesn't last very long.
- No numbers, just dashes to represent where the numbers are.
- Stainless steel, adjustable mesh band. May I add that it looks and feels very nice.

The clasp is very easy to open and close; once it's on, it stays on. I have never once had the clasp open up on its own. I have no clue as to why some reviewers think that it's difficult to work with. I can literally put the watch on without looking at it. The entire process actually takes me about 6 seconds and I've never used a watch with a similar clasp mechanism before.

The band IS adjustable, however I was unfamiliar with how to adjust it so I looked up a youtube video to make sure I wasn't going to break anything. It's a simple process that should take no more than 30 seconds to do once you know it.

I gave this watch 4 stars because it really is a bit small...if it was only a bit bigger it would've been perfect for me. Then again, this is based solely on my opinion.

NOTE: This watch is water RESISTANT, meaning that if you accidentally spilled drinks on it or if you somehow get caught in the rain, it will be fine. The watch is however not claimed to be water PROOF, which means that you should probably not take showers, jump in the pool or swim in the ocean with it on.
on March 21, 2015
I got it as a gift for my brother because I wanted it myself.

It's a Skagen, they look cool, and sleek because of how slim everything is. Dress up with a shirt/tie/suit, or dress down to jeans. It'll work. I would consider this for an semi-formal everyday work watch if I didn't have a Movado already.

Definitely read the manual on how to adjust the band/everything because it uses a different latch system that most watches. No points off, just different. I'm sure it makes it more secure too.
on January 22, 2013
This watch is a must buy for anyone wanting a lightweight watch or might be allergic to some types of metal. Even though i get a rash from some types of metal, this watch i have not had that problem at all(even though the band is steel) The case is so thin! i guarantee you, you will HARDLY ever notice the weight. Very classy and elegant plus i hardly ever notice it on my arm. The mesh is soooooo smooth! This watch is FAR better then the all stainless Steel one.(product number:124XLBBB) Also VERY easy to take it on and off with one arm, some people complain about the clasp design. The clasp is FLAWLESS and some people lack the brainpower to comprehend it's simplicity. I take it on and off all the time one handed with ease. only 99 cents more for Titanium over the Skagen steel black mesh one mentioned above. Even though it does not have the date or a second hand, butttt you can get an all Titanium one with 3 hands and a date display for ten bucks more but the band looks rougher, i dunno. might just be me. Besides who needs to know the time down to the second anyhow? And you have 24 hours to figure out the date also.
on February 14, 2013
I have had this watch now for over 1 month - wear it all day, every day, only taking it off for a shower. There is no sign of wear, no sign of black coming off, no sign of bracelet damage - just a great watch.
I bought this for its slim look - I hardly notice it on my wrist - and the smart black image of the watch.
I am delighted with my purchase and would recommend it to anyone wanting a reliable, smart looking watch.
Yes, all it does is tell the time - that's what I want from a watch!
As regards previous comments about problems with the fastening - I don't understand why folk have problem - hook on, clip cover, clip safety - it is straightforward and easily done with your other hand.
A great watch!
on March 2, 2009
this is my second skagen watch, am really pleased with it. i lost a pin from the band 3 days after receiving this, and skagen replaced it promptly. great watch, great service. 5 stars (i clicked on 4, meant 5)..

EDIT: as nice as the watch is, the band is HORRIBLE. the watch has fallen off my wrist 3 times over the last month. last night, on the subway. soon, will probably lose it (or it will get damaged).

would change my review to 1 star if i could change that. again, great watch, horrible watchband.
on January 15, 2009
This watch is very simple, very slim, very minimal. It looks pretty nice; it's a bit out of place with casual wear and not quite up to formal wear. It keeps time accurately, is easy to set, and impossible to change accidentally.

3 complaints:

1) The price is actually quite unreasonable. For the same $95, any number of less elegant-looking watches will give you alarms, data storage, month/day/year, stopwatch, etc. There's absolutely no features here, so you're paying for style only. And style-wise, it's only decent. Which brings me to my next point:

2)The images shown on Amazon are a little too good for the watch. Somebody did a really fine job of product photography. In real life, the face is extremely shallow, while the photo gives it the appearance of a bit of a deep, elegant bevel. As a result, the face loses a lot of that contrast from the pictures once you see it in normal conditions. Also, the buckle looks like a matte black online, almost leather-like. In the real-world version, it's very glossy and feels a bit cheap (it doesn't clasp down tightly enough, either, and jingles when you move your wrist). There's other differences as well...all in all it looks more elegant in the pictures than in the real.

3) The strap adjustment is mediocre. The main problem is that the clasp, once adjusted, is held in place by a small tension lever. It works its way loose after a week of regular wear (if you're going to wear it regularly...). And, as mentioned earlier, the other part of the clasp (the part that fastens the watch) is too loose as well.

So, if you need a special occasion dress watch but don't want to spend big money, this is a good choice. For any and all other purposes, best to steer clear.
on September 26, 2006
I tried to get in touch with Skagen to get the actual grade of the watch, but even after 6 months, no answer. Titanium is strong but its alloy is greater (Aircraft Grade, of commercial grade is used in many cases for an almost scratchless effect). This may be only pure titanium (like a pure gold, softer, hypoallergenic and usually preffered, but its lasting quite nicely. I have worn this watch every other day and there are no scratches on the titanium or the crystal even after banging against walls and stainless steel.

The Stainless steel band obviously is not as great but i havent seen any scratches on it either. I am very happy with this watch and would recommend to anyone who doesnt want to spend too much. This watch is great quality and great design. It's shaped like a spaceship on the bottom kind of, so when its worn it looks even thinner than it actually is. I love it. Slim and elegant, perfect watch to wear to impress.
on October 22, 2010
I was looking for a watch that looks elegant, but is light weight. I was also tired of arm bands getting broken at the ends. So I was shopping at the local mall when I saw this. I fell in love with it on the spot! I knew this is what I wanted. I found out that Amazon sold it for way less. I still get a lot of complements.

Now for the negative - the arm band is made out of a metallic (titanium?) mesh. I accidentally scratched my hand on a wall and broke one piece of the mesh. It is sticking out and scratches my hand every now and then. So, I went out and bought another Skagen (blue face). I use this one whenever I'm playing sports or doing some 'dirty' work. At the Bahamas I went scuba diving into the salty ocean water and took this baby down with me. For 45 minutes were submerged. I come up and have no problems with this watch. Several months later, no rust. No issues.
on March 2, 2014
The quality is that of what you can expect from Skagen, excellent. But I did not read the details, and found out that it is smaller than most Mens Skagens. The face is smaller diameter and wrist strap thinner as well. I didnt like it, too big for a woman, but a little too small for a man. I am normal sized 5'11" 185lbs. One could say it has a sportier look to it, so if thats what you want, this is the watch you want.
on June 3, 2014
Well, I'm disappointed, it came not running. I was happy with the price, I really like the watch. So rather then return it and go through a bunch of hoops, I'm going to bring it to a watch repairman. The other Skagen watch I received a couple years ago lasted a year and a half on the original battery. Then it cost about $12. to have it replaced. To me it's worth the inconvenience. I will make note of the supplier since I do want to get a different Skagen watch one of these days.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.