Truck Reviews Beauty Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on June 17, 2013
I'll preface this review by saying that I've never really owned a "nice" watch before. Like you, I read all of these reviews before deciding to purchase this watch, so I'll try to make sure I give a perspective you haven't seen already. First, I really like this watch, it's attractive and unique, but still understated enough for me to feel comfortable with it in a business atmosphere.

The first thing I notice people mentioning about this watch is how much they hate, or are baffled by the people who hate, the clasp. My experience with the clasp has been mixed. When I first got the watch adjusting the clasp was one of the more harrowing experiences of this past year. The clasp is very small, and adjusting it properly is very difficult to do with out bending it, this ruining it and the watch. It's was very frustrating and took me nearly an hour to get right. With that said, once I had the claps just right, I haven't had too much difficulty with it. It took me a while to get adjusted to this particular clasp (it's a little different than most similar clasps)and if I wasn't careful it would seem like it was lock, but it really wasn't. The watch did slip off a few times, but thankfully I was always able to find it. If you make sure the clasp is done correctly (you'll always feel a click if you do) then it shouldn't be a problem.

Now the second thing I see people mention about the watch is the color, and how the picture does not do it justice. I disagree. I chose this watch in no small part because I liked the blue face. There's really not much to say about it, I find the picture on the website to be very true to the product. It's a dark, shiny blue. In my experience what you see is what you get.

Now another thing that was mentioned, that I too noticed, was the lack of a second hand. It's no big deal, but it makes it more difficult to determine if the watch is working at first or not. The lack of a second hand also means that you can't use this watch as a timer (at least not a very accurate one). This has not been a problem for me yet, but it would have been a nice feature. As for other minor features that are missing, I never noticed before, but this may be the only watch without any sort of lighting or glowing feature to read the time in the dark. This is, again something that has not been a huge problem for me, but it is worth mentioning. The minute and second hands have indentations where you would expect it to glow where it doesn't.

The watch band itself isn't something that is frequently talked about in reviews, but was actually the biggest draw of this watch to me. I can't say whether or not the watch is really made of titanium or not, but the metallic mesh is very comfortable. One problem I've noticed with other watches with leather or similar bands is they get indentations and fade fairly quickly, something I specifically wanted to avoid. While not as flexible as these types of bends, it is plenty flexible enough. It combines the advantage of the look and comfort of a leather band with the sturdiness of a link watch band. The is one minor issue I have that I believe may be specific to my watch; the watch band has a bulge and is slightly wider than intuition and aesthetics would suggest at one place on the band.

The final thing, and my favorite aspect of this watch, is the weight. This watch is so light that I often forget that I'm wearing it. It's not just the band either, it's the watch face as well. The weight (or lack thereof) in this watch means that it will stay properly on your wrist with having to cut off your circulation. It's the easiest watch to wear that I've ever owned or seen. I hadn't even considered this factor, but it will be top of the list should I ever need to purchase another watch.

All in all an excellent watch that I'm very happy with. It has a few minor issues that could use improvement, but I definitely recommend this watch.
on June 12, 2015
i suggest avoiding this watch, and others of this brand. my uploaded photo shows one i bought in 2013 (left, with no glass) and another one purchased october 2014. when the crystal (glass) cracked on the first one i assumed i had caused an impact. i did like the watch, so i bought another. eight months later the crystal cracks on the new one while i am strenuously sitting at my work desk. this is too bad, as i think this is a stylish but non-gaudy watch. they seem to self destruct for no obvious reason. please note: after the crystal cracked in my first one, i was very careful with the new one. skagen gets one star for two reasons: one, that's the lowest rating allowed. two: the older one without a crystal has actually kept pretty good time, so the movement of the watch earns the single star by itself.
review image
on June 21, 2012
First of all, this is my first skagen purchase. I came across this watch at my local macy's and looking at the $135 price tag I was hesitant and thankfully I was. I came on amazon and found one for 68 dollars, it was such a steal. Now just to get it out of the way, if you are wondering wether to buy this watch or not, you should absolutely. You will not be dissapointed. The price of this watch seems to fluctuate a lot on amazon so never be imaptient and buy it if it's over 80 dollars, just wait it out and check regularly because I am pretty sure you will find one within 68-79 dollars.

Now on to the watch. I'll break it down so it's easy for you guys to understand everything
Dial - The dial is a dark blue but, when it's exposed to light, it's reflection looks gorgeous and will capture people's attention without a doubt.

Glass - The glass of the watch is very thick and scratch resistant. It also reflects off light and is very shiny and clear. When you see smudges just take a nice piece of cloth and wipe it once or twice and for sure it will look brand new again.

Strap - Most buyers of this product complain about how hard is it to make the strap the right size for them. Honestly, it took me 1 minute to figure out how to do it. The instruction manual shows it very clearly, all you have to do is take a screwdiver or any other object that fits in the hole. Just enter the object and push it backwards and the clasp will open. Once it opens just move it back or forward depending on what size you need and just press it down tightly and that's it your done.

Strap (look) - The look of the strap is my favorite thing about the watch. The material is very thick and metallic. It is very shiny and reflects off light like the rest of the watch. The reflection of the light on the strap gives the watch the elegant look and people for sure will know right away that it's an expensive watch.

Comfort - The watch is very light. When left on sometimes you might forget that you even have a watch on, however since it is summer now I did come across one thing that irritated me. I like wearing the watch a little tight and when your in a warm environment your arm will sweat and make the strap feel a little sticky and make it itchy, but then again 90% of all watch straps will make you feel the same way so it's not a huge deal. Overall, it is very comfortable, light and great for everyday use.

Overall Grades

Performance - 10

Durability - 10

Looks - 10

Comfort - 9
2 people found this helpful
on March 1, 2014
There were several things I wanted in a watch, and this seems to fit my needs. First and foremost, the watch had to be light weight. It is! So light I'm frequently checking my wrist to make sure it's still there. Second, stylish but not overbearing. Done! Not so fancy as to say look at me, but not so plain either. Just an attractive watch that blends nicely with what I'm wearing. I have always liked the look of a darker dial, with my Seiko having a brown dial with gold tone hands, now this one with a blue dial. This one is much easier to read in low light, as the hands contrast better against the dial. To me the color is very much representative of the picture, where the direction of the light casting on the dial determines the shimmer of the lighter tone. As for now my watch is keeping good time, so I can't speak of the longevity, but Skagen has a good reputation in the industry, so I'm trusting I'll have years of pleasure with this watch.
on October 13, 2012
I love the design of this watch and it is very comfortable on my wrist. Who needs an instruction book to put on a watch? Well, you better read this one and be a mechanical engineer or you are going to ruin it as I did. Not totally true, but the clasp is damaged. I did finally get it to stay closed for me today but have asked SKAGEN for a new clasp. I feel that is only fair rather than returning the watch to Amazon after messing it up. They warn in the instructions(which I read all too late) that it is easy to destroy it. Believe them. The pictures are helpful if you can see them. My loop didn't help so I scanned it at high res and was finally able to make out the drawing so I could understand what's going on. Now that it's on my wrist, I hope I don't have to adjust it again. If I didn't like the watch so much I would return it to Amazon in a heart beat. So, BUYER beware but more especially be careful. If you do it right it is very easy. If you are forcing it, read the instructions again.
|0Comment|Report abuse
I don't give 5 star reviews very often, so you know that I absolutely love this watch. I've been primarily the utilitarian sort in the past, and I should be at least somewhat embarrassed to note that I've owned more than my share of <gulp> calculator watches in the past. But I decided it was time to grow up and throw something on my wrist that's not only functional (well, at least for time-telling) and also attractive.

With this Skagen watch, I succeeded. I have gotten many compliments on it from friends of both genders. The blue color is indeed a stunning dark blue that goes well with most anything I'm wearing (from casual to a suit). And -- more importantly -- it feels great on my wrist, even when I've been sweating, even when it gets splashed with water, etc. The band was easy to adjust, and the watch feels snug without being constricting.

Oh, and this watch is hardy, too. I've banged it against a gym locker, dropped it on the floor, and probably more that I'm overlooking (sorry fella!). The case now has but a few tiny, almost imperceptible scratches on it.

One last note: It seems that pricing varies *substantially* on this watch, even on Amazon itself, so do your comparison homework ;-).
4 people found this helpful
on January 30, 2013
Have had this watch a few weeks, and although its very good looking and hasn't lost or gained time at all, it is very difficult to adjust the band properly without referring to the "little" manual that comes with the watch. I can read very fine print, but this manual has such "fine print" that it refers customers to their web site for instructions. Haven't even done this yet, since I have a good Seiko watch, and this is a "more dressy" watch. I tried at first, but there are some cautions that they refer to in regard to the small band piece that needs to be adjusted "on the band" for your wrist size. I am usually very adroit with these types of fine adjustments, however I believe it would be difficult for most, since they caution "not to bend the pin" when adjusting the small band piece, and I believe most would defer to their local jeweler for proper adjustment. That's why only four stars.
on June 26, 2013
The watch is really stylish. I wear it for casual-dressy ocassions and get compliments on it often.

At the beginning I could not adjust the band (one size fits many) to fit my wrist and have it lock into place properly. Therefore I could not close the clasp when I put it on my wrist. I took it to a local jeweler to adjust properly (only charged $5). If you have difficulty also don't force it. Take it to a jeweler - you'll be happy you did.

And then, the clasp mechanism itself is a bit complex - putting the watch on and taking it off is a bit tricky - it takes patience and some getting used to. After wearing it a dozen times I haven't quite mastered it.
on September 18, 2013
Beautiful watch. Great price. Excellent packaging and delivery from the seller. But a big BUT ...
The clasp! I read many reviews for this watch on many different sites and saw complaints about the clasp. I thought,
oh I'll just be careful with it. It did fall off my wrist a few times, but I always noticed. But on the
fourth day of ownership, I stop to fill my gas tank, and driving down the street afterwards, the watch
is gone ! Of course I go back and it's not to be found. Money down the drain--because of my
carelessness, and a very cheap clasp that you can't tell if it's clasped tightly or not. No I would
not purchase this watch again--I'd lose it.

Update 10/25/2013 The watch had slid to the floor of the back seat after it fell off my arm. I emailed Skagen,and they send me a postage paid envelope to their repair center, and it was returned in about two weeks. I have had no problems with the new clasp or wrist band that they replaced. I had mentioned the numerous reviews I've read about the poor clasp they had been using, so am pleasantly surprised they cared enough to fix it.
on August 2, 2013
I bought one of these watches about 5 years ago. Loved it! Then about a month ago, I dropped it and broke the crystal. My fault. No problem. I loved the watch so much, I decided to replace it with an identical watch. I read the recent reviews, and although there were quite a few reviews that reported that the crystal seemed to break very easily, I ignored them, thinking, "hey, mine was fine for 5 years, so these guys don't know what they're talking about." I ordered the new one, and had been wearing it for about a month, when yesterday, I looked down and noticed that the crystal was cracked. I didn't drop it, or ding it, or anything. Maybe I bumped up against something, but if I did, it wasn't a bump I even noticed, and any watch crystal should be able to withstand "walking around". I think they have probably changed something in the manufacturing of the crystal or their supplier since I had bought my first one. I'm really bummed, because this is such a beautiful watch. And as much as I love it, I have to acknowledge that it's not the same watch it used to be with this spontaneous breaking of the crystal that is popping up. Too bad. Good bye, Skagen. I'm looking for another brand with a similar sleek look. Let me know if you have recommendations.
2 people found this helpful
|22 comments|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.