Industrial Deals HPC Magazine Deals Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. PCB for Musical Instruments $54.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Last Minute Gifts Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on March 28, 2014
This watch is fantastic. I love the look of it, it keeps good time and I often get many compliments on it. The band is strong, but somewhat fragile, so try not to be too rough with it. The band won't break (in my experience), but can get bent or blemished and burrs may form that will catch arm hair or scratch your wrist. The watch is so thin, and light weight I can forget I am wearing it. The case and band are the perfect shade of brushed metal that isn't shiny, but not too dark. The blue face is vibrant, and is a great contrast to the metal. The clasp is solid, and seems to wear well.

Too many people have forgotten about how a nice looking watch can complete an outfit.

This is a great addition to my collection, and I wouldn't change a thing. It is a great looking relatively inexpensive watch that fits and wears well.
on July 2, 2013
I waited on this watch for about 8 months. Finally it went on sale via some Amazon sale and I got it for around $60.

The watch itself is nice, the color is a bit less silver than the picture might have you think, it has sort of a brass/copper hue to it.

The watch face's brushed metal area scratched within a month, removing the brushed appearance in a 2mm wide V below the 6. This is disappointing in so far as I tend to accidentally beat my wrists off walls and doors quite a bit more than I realize. Though the metal scratched easily the glass is fine and without issue.

The lack of a second hand might be frustrating for some, but I like it for the lack of ticking noise while I'm at work (its very quiet here).

The best part, for me, is the weight. This is the first watch that I haven't had to take off in order to use a computer or fidget with as wrist sweats under the large footprint of most watches I've owned. Even better, the watch doesn't need to be incredibly snug to prevent it from flopping back and forth under its own weight.

For the price, I should probably give this a 5, but I find myself annoyed with the scratching.
on February 21, 2013
I picked this watch because of the way it looked. I liked the design: it was spare and clean. There are no extra dials and not even a seconds hand. I wanted a good strap too. I have had many watches with rubberized straps - the problem is that the straps break eventually and even if they can be replaced, there are very few places where we can take them to get fixed and so they stay in some drawer at home.

I got it a day later than "promised" by Amazon. Once I received it, I was pleased with the weight of the watch itself and the titanium strap. I play musical instruments and it is much better to have a light watch like this one rather than the chunky men's watches that have been popular recently.

The strap took a little while to "settle in". It would come undone by itself the first few days - it would fall off my hand. Luckily there was no damage done and now it stays put.

According to the manual, the watch is not waterproof but it is water resistant (3-5 atm) - it can handle a little water splashed on it during hand washing but it may not survive a shower, let alone a hot tub or a swim.

I believe the watch came with an unused battery. There is no indication of how long a battery will last.
on May 10, 2013
I purchased this watch as a gift (having owned 3 Skagen mesh band watches myself). Unfortunately, this watch came in original Skagen product packaging that was cheaper quality than others I've purchased and had many scuffs/scratches on the packaging, however that was not a deal breaker of course. The real problem arose when we went to adjust the watch band and discovered that the particular watch we received had a very loose clasp that would latch for a few seconds, but with any slight movement would open. I know that these watches adjust differently from typical watches as I've owned them before, so I can definitively say that it was not user error. Fortunately the return was quick and easy. I would rate Skagen 5 stars in general, however the watch I received was a lemon!
on August 21, 2013
This product (as offered by GEM and fulfilled by Amazon)is a COUNTERFEIT/FAKE. Watch face does not match picture, back battery cover is generic and does not bear Skagen trademark or other markings found on real Skagen watches (checked it against other Skagen watches I own). Also the (fake generic) backplate was scratched right out of box. Is a fake watch repackaged in Skagen packaging.

EDIT - also noticed no Skagen trademark on clasp cover as can be seen in photos of genuine products.
on May 26, 2013
I wanted a good looking mesh band watch with a slim head to fit under dress shirts or just be wrist candy that you can forget about. Perfect match!! The blue is brilliant and the face is simple which lets the simplicity speak for itself. Price is great for a slim titanium face of good quality (as opposed to something like a Movado). The clasp is easily adjustable. THE ONLY DRAW is that the joints where the band meet the face are stiff - meaning they don't flex to fit your wrist like most watches. This is only a problem if you have skinny wrists but even then its only a minor flaw. Great watch. Happy I got to add Skagen to my collection.
on October 24, 2008
I have used this watch from hiking and climbing, to the office, to out at a club for a year now, and I still love it.
It is very durable and has only gotten one minor scuff on the metal, from contact with rocks, and no damage from regular use.
The band and face plate are both very light making it easy to forget it is on. The light face plate is also immensely helpful for those of us with thin wrists. Most watches try to turn themselves around on us, and this watch stays in place.
The mesh band is very comfortable.
I tend to fidget too much, and I have unlatched and relatched this watch at least a thousand times in the past year fiddling when I was bored, and the latch is still as solid as the day I bought it.
This is the best watch I have owned, and I have owned many. The funny thing is that this is also the cheapest watch that I have owned. I will never get anything other than titanium watches from now on, I will almost certainly get another Skagen for my next purchase.
on April 11, 2013
I work in the back yard a lot and with it Ultra Slim design it does not get caught on debris.
The adjustable slide band adjusts for a perfect fit.
It is an impeccable time piece.
SKAGEN
on December 28, 2012
Got the watch and just as other reviewers have mentioned, it really does look better in person. The slim form factor makes the watch very light and the band is incredibly comfortable, it won't pull hair out. The clasp took a second to readjust to the correct wrist size, but as you can do all these adjustments yourself without taking any links out, it makes getting an ideal length a great deal easier than a metal band watch. From what I can tell after having the watch for about a week, it keeps time well and has not required to be reset yet. All in all, I would recommend this watch, it is a very clean and simple timepiece.
on July 6, 2012
I really like this watch because it it thin and stylish. It looks very sharp with the metal band that does not pull the hair on my arm. At one point the crystal face cracked and I sent it in for repair to Skagen and they were perfect. A very good service company to deal with. I probably wear this watch when I shouldn't like working with tools around the house or on the car. I ended up damaging the band and will probably need to send it in again. It is not a tough watch to be worn everywhere. This is a style watch to be worn at work or to business meetings or out on a date with your wife. Take it off when you work on the car.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.