Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 22 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 25 reviews
on September 7, 2011
I don't want to denigrate this fine watch until that moment, but if recent history with Skagen watches serve as any sort of warning, then the strap will inevitably fail, despite the fine workings of the watch mechanism, and I will have to discard it into a desk drawer in my office.

The reason why the strap is such an issue is that Skagen makes proprietary watch straps. This means that no one but Skagen can replace them, and also means a ridiculous amount of time and money to be spent having it repaired in their customer service center in Nevada. I don't think that paying half what you paid for the entire watch for a strap is worth it -- call me crazy.

Despite all of this, the watch looks great, functions well, and I'll appreciate it for the next year or so until the strap breaks off.
on March 14, 2014
I've had this watch for a few years and it hasn't missed a beat.

Pros:
Good construction
Fairly thin for its price point
Keeps time very well
Simple, muted design that goes well with any outfit

Cons:
This is the only watch I've owned in forever, so I don't know if I'm doing something incorrectly or if this is something every watch over deals with, but the date function is iffy. It somehow always has the incorrect number of days in a month. February is nonexistent, from what I've seen (haven't bothered scrolling through an entire year just to make sure). I pretty much need to just adjust the date at the beginning or end of every month.
It's also a tiny bit on the small side, like smaller and lighter than I thought it would be, but that's more of a con for my weight and size estimation skills. Looks almost like a woman's watch, at times.

Great for the price.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 21, 2012
I searched literally hundreds of watches trying to find one that I liked. I wanted one that looked good, had a day indicator, a leather band, and was under $100. I wanted something that I could wear to work or out to dinner. I finally settled for this Skagen watch, and I'm glad I did. It's a great size; not too large, not too small. It has the stylish looks of an expensive watch, without the high price. It's simply, affordable luxury. Only small complaint I have is that the leather on the bad is a little stiff. I think it will loosen up after repeated wear. Other than that, I'm very happy with my decision. I recommend this watch.
on February 28, 2013
Sent mine back because I couldn't read the date without a flashlight and magnifying glass. This is case where design trumps function. Ended up looking like a little blemish stuck on this elegant and beautifully design face. Loved the band width and the overall size, but again the numbers were almost invisible under low light which is where I find myself frequently when checking the time. Still the design is very elegant and the scale is really attractive for a medium to large size wrist. But then again.....
on January 11, 2012
Skagen watches are so simple, yet elegant and beautiful. The faces are so easy to read.

I own 2 and my husband has 3. One drawback of some of their watches. You can't replace the watchband. It has to be an exact match to the skagen model and purchased from Skagen.
on March 2, 2014
Stick with the chain link wrist band, its what really sets Skagen apart from the rest. The face is very elegant and of excellent Skagen quality, but i wish it was on a silver chain link band. There is also no way (that I know of) to swap the band, or I would pay more for another band. Its not connected to the face the same as regular Skagens.
on September 3, 2014
Great watch. I love Skagens and this one is elegant, thin, light and comfortable and beautiful. If you looking for a nice elegant brown watch and like the thin lighter watches it won't dissapoint.
on September 30, 2015
Great watch! Get compliments on it all of the time! Works just as well as it did when I purchased 5 years ago!
on July 10, 2011
Imagine a watch with an hour hand, a minute hand, and a sweep hand for seconds and the only other thing a tiny window that reveals the date; if you set it. Simple, handsome and it works as promised.
How very nice. ---- Richard
on February 18, 2014
For such am I'm
Née sieve watch this has very elegant lines and rests well on my wrist. Thin and comfortable.
As always shipping was quick.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.