Industrial Deals Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon

Showing 1-10 of 144 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 170 reviews
on December 1, 2013
I received this watch for Christmas (2012) and wore it for a few minutes, when the band broke, separating where the band attaches to the watch. As many other reviews have stated, it is nearly impossible to have a Skagen watch band repaired owing to the proprietary design. I did however take mine to a local Skagen dealer, and a dealer of other leading watch lines. He declined to repair the watch band, and instead gave me a form to send to Metro service center in Dallas, which is apparently the one sanctioned repair facility for Skagen. As watch bands are not covered under warranty, there is a minimum charge of nearly 50% of the original cost of the watch.

The jeweler let me know that he was going to discontinue the Skagen line because now that Fossil has purchased Skagen, and has implemented a direct customer service model which cuts out local jewelers and puts a bad taste in the customer's mouth, and is not good for jewelers either. I for one certainly have lost my regard for Skagen, and discourage anyone from purchasing what once was a fine make of watch.
on December 30, 2015
This watch has served as me as a dress watch over the last 3-4 years until the battery recently died. It does a good job keeping time, but has given me some trouble keeping the correct date. It may view every month as having 31 days in it, but I have not confirmed this. Every few months I have to reset the watch to the correct date. The leather band has held up well, despite a noticeable crease where the clasp usually attaches. I have really liked the low profile design of this watch as well.
on August 4, 2016
This is one of two Skagen watches I purchased on Amazon, and I gotta say, I LOVE this watch. Skagen has a knack for making watches with elegant, timeless designs...all while being affordable! I like the simplicity in their designs, and the brown leather band and white face works with any outfit. If you're looking for a slimmer and smaller face, check out the other Skagen watch I reviewed.
on November 22, 2013
I have owned this watch and worn it daily for over 3 years now. It's performed perfectly and kept time as it should. I really like the slimness of Skagen watches and the leather watch band is slim enough that I don't feel it's presence while typing at work.

The only reason I can't give it a 5 star rating is the availability of replacement watch bands. The watch band loops that hold the excess band in place have rubbed through and finally split open due to friction while typing (I presume). I'd like to just replace the band loops or band but due to the weird band connection to the watch face, I'd have to send it to Skagen for them to replace the band. This is silly and the reason i'm only giving it 4 stars.
on February 21, 2014
Great looking watch, but lasted 1 week until the bracelet broke and its impossible to fix cause this bracelet is only made by Scagen and its a cheap company.

Quality was so bad that i would never buy another Skagen watch, look and feel was good but the fact that it broke so easy and the company wouldn't replace the bracelet that only they make is unacceptable. Buy a Seiko, Citizen, or Orient... real watch companies that service and put out quality products.

Alec
on January 14, 2013
We bought this watch for my 23 year old son for Christmas 2012. The watch arrived and was as advertised, but within 2 days of wear the watch band broke and was irreparable. Of course the band is not warrantied, and from reading other reviews, we bought him another watch rather than send this one back to Skagen and pay over 1/2 of the original price to repair a two day old watch! He did not do anything unusual to put stress on the band. I will not buy another Skagen.
on October 8, 2012
I love this watch, and the other Skagen I got at the same time. This one is light, the other is dark, and I wear them to compliment my clothing for that day. Both cost together, due to Amazons excellent pricing, what either of them individually would have cost. The watch is very comfortable, easy to read, elegant, and light weight. I hardly notice that it is there, except when I need to know the time. I'm extremely pleased with the watch, as well as Amazon's pricing and service, as always. Best regards, Ron
on September 8, 2015
SKAGEN, a good looking time piece and in a good price range.I am a dial person the more the merry, so a chronograph watch is usually the one for me. I also favor brown bands over black, so another plus for this Skagen model.
on January 17, 2013
The watch has a very nice face, which I liked. However, the brown leather strap broke "tore" off of the watch face after only wearing about 5 times. I have a desk job so it wasn't having to withstand much wear and tear. In looking at reviews, it appears this watch has a lot of issues with the strap.
on March 20, 2013
I have owned two of these watches. First one had to be returned because wrist band broke. And I regrettably bought another one. The second one just broke after just 20 or so wears. The first one broke right out of the box by the way. I just contacted skagen with an email to see what they can do for me. Repairs are like 35 dollars. Not happy.