Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Skagen Women's 355SSS1 Ancher Quartz 3 Hand Date Stainless Steel Silver Watch
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now

on April 22, 2011
I began wearing Skagen watches in the mid-90s. The classics like this one and the original women's round face watch with brushed bezel, arabic face numerals plus date and plain mesh band are my absolute favorites.

I had 3 of the original ones in a row, they got pretty beat up in medical school and residency. It was nice to have the second hand to take heart rates.

I'm not sure why some complain about the second hand being too similar to the minute hand - 1. it's at a different depth 2. all you have to do, if you are confused, wait 1 (one) second to figure it out. One second is about what we spend looking at our watches to tell time anyway.

After my last of the 3 Skagens broke, I got a Cartier Santos from my husband which is amazing. However, I lost the sapphire from the crown stem (maybe the frequent washing for 3 yrs got it) and it's going back for the repair.

I wanted something to wear while the Santos is being repaired and nostalgia brought me back to Skagen.

This Skagen 355SSS1 watch is gorgeous, even more perfect than the original. The case and bezel are high shine, the band is less glossy textured striped mesh with Skagen's original clasp, signature brushed steel face, dotted hours, Skagen logo below 12 'clock and date at 6 o'clock.

One drawback was the first one Amazon sent did not work (?dead battery)and they sent the replacement overnight. Still, the watch deserves 5 stars.
on October 14, 2011
I was afraid that the watch will turn out to be too 'masculine' for me. When the package arrived, I am pleasantly pleased that the watch is a nice size for me and it is also very stylish and sleek. It can be worn to all occassions. I love the watch!
on October 8, 2011
First, allow me to say that I adore Skagen watches, their comfort, style and the iconic metal mesh band. I got this as a replacement for another Skagen watch that I made the mistake of taking into the ocean (definitely my fault it died!) So on this new watch, I noted the water resistance, and thought it would be okay to wear it to the gym, (ie that it could deal with the sweat on my wrist, during a cardio workout). Not the case!! It has had condensation on the face for two weeks, despite my not wearing it and putting it in a sack with rice to attempt to dry it out. I am going to see if I can return it, this is not up to the level of quality I expect from Skagen products. I dont know if its a bad model or if its a problem with my particular watch, but clearly the water seal is inadequate and not on par with the product description.
on April 12, 2013
Since getting this Skagen, I've worn it 24/7. I've showered, washed dishes, etc., and it continues to keep accurate time. However, I've had this watch for a very short time, so these comments about its inner workings aren't worth much. I can comment enthusiastically on the watch's appearance, however. It is absolutely stunning, elegant, clearly made of the finest materials. As a rule, most watches, even those with outrageously high price tags, look cheap to me. The workings may approach technical perfection, but often the casings and bands are overloaded with embellishments. They look clunky, gaudy, and just plain ugly. The Skagen, in contrast, is sleek,, simple, and just plain gorgeous. The silver colored face is lovely, and neither the logo nor the brand name interferes with its muted beauty.

Other reviewers have complained that the second hand and the minute hand look too much alike. They do look alike, but their movements differ. I can tell which is which with the briefest of glances. The minute hand is stationery. The second hand is moving. (It pauses after each second, so the movement is jerky. That pause is handy. It's nice to know when one second ends and another begins.) One can find the hand that moves with two glances at the most. Really. I kid you not. Others have complained that the date is illegible. I can't read the date, either, but I don't care. I really like the looks of the date feature. It's decorative and adds to the attractiveness of the face.

Please, ask me what time it is. I want to look at my watch. I suspect this thing of beauty will be a joy forever.
on January 23, 2011
I love Skagen watches, they are attractive, reliable and inexpensive. I own three, a brown, a black and a gold, and lost my oldest, silver color, so it was a good reason to buy a new one. :-) It was about 8 years old, always working perfectly. As a previous reviewer said, I made the wrong choice. I have the same complaint she had: you have to stop and stare at the watch to figure out which hand is moving, showing the seconds, and which one shows the minute. The two hands are way too similar! Also the little window showing the date is a bit too small to see it well. Maybe it was the same size on my previous model, I just got older and don't it see so well. So, this is not a watch for impatient people over 40. :-) I like the design of the strap, that is something new. These metal Skagen straps are so sturdy, so practical! Never a problem to adjust to my narrow wrist size.
So, this is definitely not the watch I would buy again, but any other Skagen, next time without a second hand or with a very different second hand, is!
on August 30, 2012
Gorgeous watch, but had to return because the hands are just too faint for these 50-yr-old eyes. Silver on silver color was impossible to see in anything but bright light. Also, the second hand looks too much like the minute hand to distinguish quickly.
on December 7, 2013
I bought this watch over two years ago, I wear it every day, I sleep in it, and it's my absolute favorite watch that I've ever had. I get compliments on it fairly frequently, and I wear it with jeans T-shirts, in work clothes, and when I dress up in the evening as well. The stainless steel stays shiny and it hasn't scratched at all despite the fact that I'm not careful with it at all. The mesh bracelet is perfect--my husband has a Skagen watch with a more traditional flat mesh band, and the mesh around the edge has started to fray, which results in tiny sharp fibers poking him in the wrist. The mesh strands in this one form rope-like shapes, which keep it from fraying or catching. I keep checking to see if they've made any men's watches in this form so I can buy one for my husband.
I do get the complaint about the second hand--it would be my only reservation. It should be a hair thinner, and if I look at my watch straight on, I often have to wait a second to confirm the time. But if you look at it from an angle, it's pretty clear which is which.
on June 30, 2013
Love this watch -I am allergic to most jewelry due to nickel content - ! NOT this one ! Very stylish - already got compliments. It is a great watch - keeps time well . Delivered promptly & beautiful packaging . And such low cost - a great value .i have spent much more for stainless watches in the past. I will look for other items from same Amazon supplier.
on January 10, 2014
I purchased this watch 11 months ago. Yes, I often have to give it a second glance because a quick glance often has me mistaking the second hand for the minute hand and when the time doesn't seem right, I have to look again. I was willing to live with that shortcoming. However, the watch band, which looks really nice, is starting to come apart on the edges in a couple of places, which pulls clothing and can be scratchy. I'm a wirework jewelry hobbyist, and I can't get the pieces to fold back exactly as they should be, even with fine pliers and good eyesight, so it's a continual issue. I can't find a band that will fit, the warranty doesn't cover the band, and when I contacted Skagen, they offered to replace the band for $45. I paid about $60 orginally for the whole watch. I would have to ship it to them and they would take 2-4 weeks to get it back to me. I'm one of the few 30-somethings who still WEARS a watch. I think after being without one for a month I might get over the convenience of wearing a watch and looking at my wrist for the date and time!
on March 18, 2013
I love this watch, which is my first Skagen. I have gotten many compliments on it. The striated mesh band is very pretty. The face has dots representing each hour and I think it's quite easy to read. The date is tiny but I can see it at one glance. (If you have very impaired vision, or need reading glasses for normal activities, you might have trouble seeing it.) I like the modernist look of this watch. I also love that it's completely chrome-colored; there is no yellow gold or brass (which I hate) anywhere on this watch. I have washed my hands wearing the watch many times and have had no problems with condensation, as others have reported. Either they got defective watches, or they submerged their wrists in water. But little splashes have made no difference whatsoever and the watch remains like new. I look forward to wearing this watch for many years.