Truck Reviews HPC Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on May 6, 2011
My husband was so happy to get this watch for his birthday 6 weeks ago. The rose gold plated bezel was the perfect complement to his artisan wedding band that has rose gold details. A lover of Skagen watches also because he hates big heavy metal watchbands that accompany most men's metal watches, he was delighted to add this, a 4th, Skagen watch to his collection. Having only worn it a few times this past 6 weeks since I gave it to him (and only for business or dinner events), he took it to Chicago for a conference. Sometime during that short stay the bezel (Skagen calls it the 'case') developed spots on it. I had read that some had experienced some chipping of the black off the band but Amazon's price and return policy was such that I decided to chance it. He was very disappointed and I was unsure what to do.

I first contacted Skagen. Got a nice return call from them & called them back promptly. After getting my $$ for a band replacement on another Skagen watch I questioned 'Louis V.' about this watch's problem and return. He got pretty belligerent with me when I asked him to reiterate what I needed to do on this nearly new watch. He wanted proof of purchase, me to ship it to them with $$ for return shipment back to me, after a close inspection of it they would determine if they would honor the warranty or if my husband was somehow to blame. I responded again that given how new the watch, how was it that I was still going to have to pay to all shipping costs and not know what the potential outcome might be?? He was extremely rude.

I then contacted Amazon and with a quick return call by a helpful customer service person, an instant email with a shipping label to return it to them and another email upon receipt by them and another when my refund was being processed ~ so simple...Thanks Amazon! I had bought this watch directly from Amazon, but they do not directly sell this same watch anymore....Lovely, but flawed ~ I would proceed with caution if you are considering this watch or any direct dealings with Skagen.
21 people found this helpful
on February 22, 2013
I don't think any photos of this product do the watch justice. It is the same size as other mens analog watches, but is very slim in depth for the amount of functions it provides. Outstanding dial face with detailed sub-dials day of week(Upper Left), 31 day of month (Upper Right), and 24 hour (Bottom Center). Fine detail places this on the must-have watch for those who collect fine watches!

High quality device and very unique band that, unlike other metal band watches, will not snag arm hair and has a sliding fitment clasp that allows a finer adjustment. The metal mesh of the band is a very fine tight mesh that keeps the band straight, but wraps around the wrist easily and forms to the wrist better than a link band.

Only down side that I can find on this watch is the numbers and days on the chronograph sub-dials. They could use a fish eye lens over each, but that would detract from the design which I just love.
One person found this helpful
on June 11, 2013
This watch is super good looking and worked well for half a year until some of the pieces marking the hours fell off . These pieces are now prevent the dials from moving. Essentially, the watch is now not working. A bit too expensive to have it break in 6 months. Whom should I contact for replacement/refund?
Update, contacted 1-877-SKAGEN1, the internal parts of the watch have life time warranty. Had to send out the watch to repair facility...had to pay for shipping there and back (~18$)...watch is fixed now (they did it fairly quickly) and working fine...hopefully not breaking down any time soon.
3 people found this helpful
on July 4, 2011
First of all it's beautiful. Second of all it is nice while not being over the top. I drive trucks for a living so I guess I'm an average Joe who wanted a decent watch. I wear it to work and the mesh band breaths pretty well. It is extremely light and thin, so much so I sometimes forget I have it on. The band is great with the finer adjusment sizes. I was never a fan of large faced watches because I have pretty small wrists but this watch does not bother me at all. I have not had any of the problems discussed in previous reviews, but I haven't had it very long. This watch is thin enough that even though I wear long sleeve shirts at work it will slide right under the cuff. I work outside when I'm not driving and I would call my job somewhat physical with carrying 40 lb hoses around in 95 degree heat. I used to wear the el cheapo watches but I got tired of buying new ones every 6 to 12 months when they quit, so hopefully this one will do the trick. I can't believe how light this watch is though, I love it. Very nice without being flashy and a great price to boot. Retail, this watch goes for twice what I paid on Amazon, can't beat that. My wife likes that I'm finally wearing a pretty watch too.
on May 1, 2013
Well, the watch looks great. I have the same skagen watch in gray with a blue face. The copper finish is very distinctive. Like other skagens I have owned, for some reason they tend to run a little fast the first time you set them. They "even out" after awhile though. I know this sounds crazy but it is totally true. I set my watch last night, when I checked it an hour later it was 4 minutes fast. I reset it, now it holds correct time.

As far as the black band, it looks great but the coating on it makes the clasp more difficult to work than on the I coated bands. My clasp also jingles a tad.

I got my watch for a little under a 100.00. I don't think it is worth 200, but maybe more like 150.00. So, I still got a deal on it.

The day, 24hr, and day of the month work better on this watch than they do on my other skagen. I don't know if that's just an odd fluke or what.

All and all the watch is very distinctive and I would recommend it to a friend.
One person found this helpful
on August 18, 2012
This is my 4th Skagen watch and it will not be my last. I love the bold look of a gold & black face with a black stepped Titanium band. The typical Skagen lightweight and super thin design along with the fact that it is really waterproof, not just shower or wash your hands waterproof, makes me find myself wearing this one all the time. Living on an Island with a pool in the backyard makes it very important that you don't have to take off your watch before you swim. I have many great looking watches but none of them wear like a Skagen. The only time I know I am wearing it, is when I get a compliment on it's style or when I need to check the time. If you want a great watch at a great price ... pick up the Skagen Mens 809XLTRB on Amazon.com Skagen Men's 809XLTRB Titanium Collection Multifunction Black Mesh Titanium Watch
on February 21, 2014
I see absolutely no sense in strapping a thick, shiny metal brick to your wrist just to tell time or the date. I feel that the Skagen brand makes high quality electro-mechanical art at very affordable prices. This model is the "Cinquecento Oro" and its twin is the silver-titanium case and band/ white dial "Cinquecento Grigio". Both styles look great, run accurately, and are very comfortable to wear.
on July 17, 2015
This is such a great watch. I bought this as a gift for my boyfriend, who adores it. The band that most Skagen watches have is unique and very comfortable; it won't catch on sleeves or arm hair. The face is beautiful and has resisted wear for the several years since I have bought it. The color in the photo is also very true to life.
on January 7, 2013
I gave it 5 stars because it has all the features I wanted. It's thin and light. Shows day, date, and time. I can shower without taking it off. The mesh titanium band is flexible and infinitely adjustable instead of by stages. It won't wear out like leather bands but it has a formal look. The rose gold tone and black face go very well together.

Those with poor close vision should take note: the tiny markings on the three mini-dials are very hard to read. Once I saw that Sunday was in red and the dates were odd numbers, it was easier to make them out. The 24-hour dial merely gives you AM or PM. It's nice to look at -- but really! All you have to do is look around to know if its morning or night.
on March 8, 2013
Shipping was great, it arrived a day early.
I originally saw this watch in Downtown Disney for considerably more money, so when I found it here for this price, I jumped on it. Just a couple of ... "cautions". Beautiful watch, but the picture shows almost an entirely black face (with some texture). When I first opened the box, the face had a lot of white in some sort of pattern. The "white" i was seeing was reflections off the carbon fiber (?) face. The face is actually black, but the light reflected on it gave it a white pattern. Another: the writing on interior dials is very very small. The hands on the interior dials are very thin. And last one: I could not set the time as instructed using the very brief directions. But after some turning forwards at 1 setting and backwards at another setting, I finally got the day and date set. But the watch would not behave the way the instructions indicated. But it is a beautiful watch.
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.