Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Nothing More Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 30 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 33 reviews
on December 6, 2011
I just received my Skagen GMT in the mail and I want to correct the previous post. This watch is a dual time zone watch. The thin hand with the red tip indicates the second time zone in 24 hour format. The second time zone can be set independantly of the hour and minute hand. Pilots, for example will set the 24 hour hand to Grenwich Mean Time(GMT) and set the regular hour hand to local time. The large red hand with the arrow at the end indicates when the alarm will go off. The small dial indicates seconds. The instructions that came with the watch do not cover all these details and you must go to the Skagen website to find the full instructions.

The watch is beautiful, and has a sturdy, high quality feel. It is a bit larger and thicker than I expected which is fine. I didn't want a thin delicate watch. The pictures on Amazon make the face look white but the color is actually slightly metallic, like aluminum.

I have only had the watch for a day so I can not attest to the durability or accuracy but so far I am very pleased with it.
44 comments| 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 8, 2017
Stopped working after 3 mos. I took it to a jeweler, he said Skagen are disposible and not worth replacing battery which it very difficult to replace, sometimes resting in glass breaking.
on May 22, 2013
Just recv'd this the latest in my skagen collection and once again a"winner" in my opinion
Unlike some other reviewers who seem to have had difficulty with one thing or another
I have found the learning curve to be very straightforward. Good size,nice looking face, band etc.
A little heavier than the titanium series and band a little less flexible than titanium counterparts
the majority of my collection (8) are titanium but wouldn't hesitate to purchase stainless again as
everything I like (mesh band) export to stainless very well.
Go Skagen! billw...

have to add this as I just returned this item loved it but it didn't keep correct time in the 2nd zone kept passing the primary time,
ie: would set primary for e.d.t. secondary to p.s.t. ( 3 hrs.earlier ) n.g. oh well otherwise great watch nice lookimg etc.
billw....
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 1, 2012
The watch is beautiful. It has the function I want (alarm).

I have edited this review and am downgrading my initial rating from 4 starts to ONE. Wore the watch for a few days and I loathe it. I am putting it in the box with the dozen other watches that I will never wear. Telling time is so awkward that it defeats the purpose of having this watch at all. The second time hand (for the "dual time") is a worthless hindrance. Because it's longer than the main hands it interferes with the ability of telling time at a quick glance. Between the "dual time" hand, the alarm indicator hand, the hour and minute main hands I dare anybody to take a 2 second glance and be able to tell what time it is. Setting the alarm, while the watch is on your wrist is next to impossible. You cannot pull the crown because the top of it is flush with the case, so you have to do it from beneath, with your finger nail. Not doable unless you remove the watch first.

Oh, the tacky, tacky marketing... what a farce. On Amazon, in the description, on top, near the price, the diameter is said to be 43 mm. In the description, below a lot of other stuff, it is stated that's 40 mm. Guess what? It's 40. Depending on your wrist size, it can matter. None of the pictures in the marketing blurb on the Amazon listing are of THIS model (853XLSSC). Neither are the instructions in the booklet that comes with this very classy looking "timepiece." The snazzy booklet inside the box, is generic...none of the information is for your watch. Cool beans. Let's play "find the shape of the watch that looks most like your watch." The real instructions come on a sliver of paper (and I mean SLIVER), folded around the strap. I almost threw it out. No worry, pages 14-15 of the GENERIC instructions are here: [...] Specific instructions for YOUR watch? None.

I am not done yet. This is a Skagen Denmark watch, right? It says so on the site, on the booklet, on all marketing materials. "The company logo symbolises the meeting of the Skagerak and the Kattegat seas at the tip of Skagen" (Denmark) - according to Wikipedia. So this is a watch from Denmark, right? Not so quick. On the case it says: "Swiss parts. MADE IN CHINA." It turns out the only Danish thing about this watch are Henrik and Charlotte Jorst, the ex-owners of the design company, headquartered in... Reno, Nevada. I said ex because they sold the brand to Fossil. Nice looking couple. Nice looking watch. Why the marketing prestidigitation? It's not necessary. A good feature is that the case and mesh are made of hypoallergenic nickel-safe stainless steel. Since I am allergic to nickel (found in a lot of gold used for jewelry), it matters to me.

Between the creepy marketing and the awful functionality I think this watch is all looks and no substance. I made a mistake buying the product.
on March 30, 2014
Fanatic deal for the look and quality in terms of price.
The time-arms are a bit confusing. The seconds hand is typically
a thin arm on other watches. On this watch, the arm is another time zone
indicator instead. Will take some getting used to.
on May 31, 2014
Excellent watch nice watch to show off to people.
on September 22, 2013
This is my second favorite watch overall, and my favorite quartz. I like the design, but be aware that it isn't made in Denmark, only "designed" by Skagen. FYI: The 24 hour hand is rarely useful, and hard to see. The alarm hand is easy to see.
on June 18, 2013
I've always been a fan of Skagen watches, and this is one of my favorites. People assume that it is MUCH more expensive than it is. Worth every penny at $195, anything less is a STEAL.

The band is VERY adjustable. The watch is lightweight, thin and comfortable to wear, and best of all, looks fantastic.
on December 3, 2012
My husband has a classic style with a slightly modern edge to it. Enter this beautiful watch! It is of impressive quality, materials, and warranty. Plus, the price is unbeatable.
I am very pleased with this purchase- I can't wait to see my husband open it for Christmas.
on December 6, 2012
Another good watch from Skagen. All the extra features work perfectly: GMT, Alarm function, and Dual time. The bracelet has a unique shape as well. Beautiful.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.