Truck Reviews Beauty Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on August 26, 2013
After days of searching for the perfect watch, I decided upon this one. The design was exactly what I was after, and the slim profile was a nice bonus. However, after spending about 4 months with it, I can say that this watch didn't live up to my expectations.
When it first arrived, I was more than pleased. It looks just as good in person as it did online. The strap material is a metal that is smooth to the touch, wraps around your wrist fairly nicely, and it doesn't pull any of your arm-hairs like some other metal watches.
Unfortunately, it wasn't meant to last. After about 2 months, I noticed that the watch band was beginning to get a little bent - I'm assuming it's just from the way the watch sat on my wrist. Additionally, the clasp had become worn down and it was a bit too easy to open. To remedy this, I tightened the watch a notch so the strap fit a bit more snugly.
After another month or so, the strap was twisted enough to the point that the clasp would come undone while just walking around with the watch on. I got sick of it falling off and just now finally stopped wearing it.

The bottom line is that this is a great looking watch that feels high end, but it's not one that will last a couple of years. (Which is unfortunate considering its price.)
on February 13, 2014
I was looking for a thin, light-weight, inexpensive watch with a black face and attractive appearance, as opposed to a heavy duty sports or diving watch. This Skagen model suites my needs admirably, and I am pleased with the product. Though different from the more normal buckle strap, the clasp is secure and easy to operate after just a bit of practice, despite some complaints from other reviewers. The hands are thinner than I am used to, sometimes requiring more than a passing glance in a dimly-lit room, and the their luminosity fades quickly at night, but thankfully the hands are still just barely visible in the total dark late if a quick time check is needed. The calendar is tiny but legible thanks to its high-contrast (black numerals on a white background). I was surprised to note (after purchase) in the product description that this watch is powered by "four non-standard batteries”, which must be tiny. I hope this means that they will last longer than normal (despite the battery-draining sweep secondhand) and that replacements will not be too expensive or hard to find.
on November 17, 2013
I've always loved wearing watches but never really liked the feeling of one on my wrist so I've been in the market for a really slim and lightweight watch. This one fits the bill perfectly. The band is made of chain mail type metal that is absolutely fascinating to look at and you can barely feel it on your wrist.

It's also a fantastic conversation starter. In the first week of wearing it, I think I had 15 different people come up to me and oooh and ahh at it. :)
on March 16, 2014
I owned a Skagen watch with similar band for almost 10 years - no problems. This has been a part-time watch since October - band broke where it attaches to watch body 2 weeks ago. Had new pin put in, but it had to be bent to fit. Broke again and watch fell off today. Also, the clasp doesn't fit tightly on the band and tends to slide out of adjustment. What happened to Skagen quality? The seller has referred me to the company, so guess I'll pursue that. Beware.
on December 30, 2013
Great looking watch; very sleek. My only complaint is the clasp is a little tough, so hopefully it will break in. Overall I'm very happy with it and I would recommend this watch to everyone.