Spring Deals Automotive Best Books of the Month New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Fire TV Stick: $29.99. Offer ends 3/26/18 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry SpringEvent_Lawn_and_Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now TG18PP_gno

on January 30, 2013
I originally bought the black version of this watch and I loved it, but after a week the second hand stopped sweeping at random times and the entire watch would shut down. Only until I pulled the time adjustment knob and put it back in would the watch start again for a bit. After two days of it doing this, I decided to return the watch. I replaced it with this one as Amazon had sold out of the black one and had in fact ceased selling it for a time due to unexplained issues with their inventory. I purchased this color instead and had no problems with it until two weeks after I received it when the same thing happened.

I love everything about this watch. It is light and great looking. However the build quality is apparently poor or Amazon had received a bad batch of them. I had already repurchased the black one and had plans to swap silver and black depending on what I was wearing that day. I may just wait and see if the black model lasts more than a month before going after this one again.
on December 26, 2008
purchased it for $61 in late 2007 and as the surface of the crystal is raised above the rim face it cracked upon contact with a surface. Repair is $31 plus shipping. Two months after repair the crystal, which is made of glass, and not hardened plastic developed multiple cracks and the band pin dropped off. This watch is too delicate and so is strictly for dress up.
on September 27, 2012
This watch design suits my tastes to the point where I have it in both black and white faces to match my outfit. I like how thin and light it is. I like the fact that it is easy to see the numbers and if you are after more accuracy, you can squint and see individual tiny minute markings that otherwise do not overwhelm the design. And I like the fact that it has a second hand.

As many reviewers have mentioned, the date indicator is pretty silly. It truly is microscopic, so if seeing the date is a priority for you, don't get this one.

My other watch has a leather band with a traditional hole-and-post closure. This model has a silver mesh that is attractive and thin and matches the bezel trim, but is less practical. I have a big wrist, and the length is still 1.5 inches more than I need. You have to learn how to put on this kind of a watch band by laying the watch on your wrist and using the finger and thumb of you opposite hand to pull the band ends in and overlay each other properly. Then you hook tiny hooks from the "head" side over a bar on the clasp of the "tail" side. The final step is to lock the clasp by pressing down on the clasp lid to snap a small friction hook in place.

That last piece is where I had a minor problem. The watch as sent did not have the locking hook in exactly the right position to hold onto the bar. Think of a question mark shape... the open loop of the question mark has to be at the perfect tolerance to just be able to click over the bar, holding it firmly enough not to let go, but not so tight that you can't snap it on. I was able to bend it just slightly with a needlenose pliers and get it to work correctly. But I was very nervous that I would break it off or deform it improperly.

The vendor who sold the watch on Amazon was WatchInGo. I was impressed by their commitment behind the sale. They sent a followup email to make sure the watch had arrived in good order and when I mentioned the friction problem, a human immediately wrote back to say that if I couldn't make it work, they would process a return without hassle.

Packaging is nice enough to give as a gift, in a big white plastic display box from Skagen.

Oh, one more nice feature on the watch which is not obvious unless you read the manual carefully. You don't have to wind the hands through 24-hour cycles to change the date. Pulling the crown half-way out lets you cycle the date without moving the hands. Very convenient (assuming you can even see the date!).
on March 28, 2013
Well the watch itself was pretty nice. I purchased it for my boyfriend who's watch of several years gave out on him and this one was similar although a different brand. I didn't like that the band wasnt very flexible and a little bit stiff but not too big of an issue. The issue with this watch was the clasp was loose. You couldn't even lock it in place it just fell off. If it had been me I would have had to take it to someone to get fixed but my boyfriend dragged his tools out and bent it until it clasps. So for now all is well with this product other than the slight inconvenience of fixing the clasp.
on March 15, 2013
I am perfectly happy with the quality of the watch, but would still rate this 4. The only flaw was that when i received the battery was completely drained. I tried putting it on a friends wrsit for a whole day with no luck. Walmart rejected its repair. I was actually worried about my purchase and had started thinking about returning it. Just then battery plus helped me detect the drained battery and replace the same with additioanl cost of 9$...
Finally i felt the trouble and runabout that i did was just too bad...
on March 8, 2014
If you're looking for one of those big, thick clocks for your wrist...this isn't the one. This watch is very thin, has a large easy to read face. The date is a little small, but it's readable. The band is easily adjustable and very comfortable.
on May 22, 2013
I've had several Skagen watches. It's annoying that I always have to get my needle nose pliers out to adjust the clasp so it will stay shut on it's own, but once you do that it's just fine. The date window is too small, very hard to read the date. Overall not a particularly attractive watch but it's comfortable and functional.
on October 31, 2012
very hard to close and open clasp. other than that it is a beautiful timepiece. once the nack for putting on the watch is achieved, it will be a pleasure to wear.
on January 15, 2012
This was the second in the line of three Skagen Men's watches that I purchased. It is quiet without being invisible and while it can be worn anytime anywhere, it does not take away from the individual wearing it, but nicely compliments the man.
on October 13, 2009
I purchased this watch in August. Two weeks ago it stopped working. Actually it would work, then stop. I thought it was the battery so I replaced it today. It wasn't the battery. It's still stopped.

I'm going to try to return it, but don't know how to do that on Amazon. Even so I would caution anyone who is considering this watch. As nice looking as it is, as light as it is, the old adage is true - you get what you pay for.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.