Spring Deals Automotive Best Books of the Month New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry SpringEvent_Lawn_and_Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now TG18SW_gno

on August 7, 2017
I have had several Skagen watches, and have been very happy with them. This one however had a very weak crystal. After around 3 months of use I got a crack in the crystal. This rapidly spread to quite a bit of damage, and by the time I got it to a watch repair shop, he informed me that small pieces of the crystal had likely worked into the date and mechanism and ruined the watch. In contacting Skagen, I learned that their warranty is very specific, and not very helpful:
"The warranty does not cover:

Battery, glass, bands, straps, bracelets, exposed crystals and other embellishments

Damage (including water damage) as a result of poor care, accidents and normal wear and tear"

Having had several of these watches, I know there was a problem with the glass on this one, but not only does the warranty not cover the glass, it doesn't cover damage due to "normal wear and tear". Which means, if you take care of your watch, and maintain it properly, and something goes wrong. You are not covered.

All this being said, the watch was inexpensive, and is relatively painless to replace. I will likely continue to use Skagen products, but do so with an understanding that I'm buying a disposable watch, and doing so at my own risk.

I wrote this review so that other's might buy with the foreknowledge that this product s not warrantied well.
review image
on March 20, 2017
I love the face of this watch, but I hated the way the band felt on my wrist, so I replaced it. After that, I enjoyed wearing it nearly every day for a year. My favorite thing about this watch is how thin it is - it's barely thicker than the strap! I also like the classy look of the watch face.

The face itself has very little damage for how often I wore it - just a few scratches here and there. It's just mineral crystal covering the face, so it isn't indestructible, but it seems to resist most minor nicks. The included battery lasted about 2 years, which is pretty average in my experience.

Amazon won't let me edit my original 2-star review, so I've copied the important text from that review onto this one. The main reason I gave it such a low rating initially was because the band included is not durable. Here's that text:
"After about 2 months, I noticed that the watch band was beginning to get a little bent - I'm assuming it's just from the way the watch sat on my wrist. Additionally, the clasp had become worn down and it was a bit too easy to open. To remedy this, I tightened the watch by one notch while wearing it so the strap would fit a bit more snugly.
After another month or so, the strap was twisted enough to the point that the clasp would come undone while just walking around with the watch on. I got sick of it falling off and just now finally stopped wearing it."
review imagereview imagereview image
on November 18, 2017
Beautiful, sleek, and thin. This is the perfect watch for those time when you want to look your best.
on October 31, 2011
I purchased this watch as a gift for my boyfriend. It looks just as it appears in the picture. My only concern is that the time has stopped on more than one occasion & he's only had it for a month.
on December 15, 2014
It's very hard to snap the wrist band and the black coloring on the band is already wearing off. Nice looking otherwise.
on November 13, 2016
I bought a 233XLTB Black Titanium watch in 2012:

Why this is the best watch I've ever purchased:

BATTERY EFFICIENCY -still running on the same battery 4 years later
VIRTUALLY SCRATCH FREE FACE ( hardened mineral crystal). After several years of daily use I only see one very faint scratch, and for that you have to look very closely.
MESH BAND THAT LASTS AND IS BREATHABLE. Held up to a light source you can see some light come through. Annodized black color does not wear away. A very tough resilient band that doesn't need replacing two years.
SLEEK - people comment on how uniquely thin it looks. Almost blends with your arm.
AFFORDABLE given it's fashionable and modernistic style.

If you damage the edge of the band, you'll end up with a fray wire sticking out that cuts and scratches.
If you have think arms, you'll need to bend the band back a little to flatten it out. Hardly anything negative.
on October 20, 2012
it's a slim profile makes it look even more spectacular. I was looking for a slim watch when I came across the Skagen Denmark Titanium. I like the all black wth black face and easy to read numbers. It also has the date right above the 6 o'clock. I've owned this watch for about a month now and I am still loving it's sleekness design. I get compliments from others occasionally.

The glow in the dark numbers and hands don't last very long. (about 10-15 minutes after being in a bright light.) However, I don't seem to mind because I'm usually not without a light source often.

I really like the metal band. normally metal bands will pull the hairs off my wrist and cause discomfort. the Denmark metal band is a fine metal band with small holes so nothing gets caught in between. I have used other watches with the cloth bands (they tend to get stinky after a long while.) BUT no odors yet on this band. Plus it's a water resistant timepiece so I could just toss it in soapy water. (i couldn't do that with my last watch.)

I definitely would recommend this watch to compliment a suit or just to add some class. :)
on June 12, 2012
This watch is a beauty. It is sleek and cool. I received so many compliments.

Problem is, the black paint on the titanium mesh is coming off.
Now, a couple pieces of the mesh are coming off as well.

Not as good quality as I thought.

Skagen offered to replce it for $33.95 + shipping.
Customer service and warranty are lacking.

All in all, I can't recommend it.
on January 2, 2016
This watch is wonderful! It accurately keeps time, and has a long lasting battery life (it's been over a year). The only downside to the watch is the tiny pin that holds the band onto the actual watch. I have had two watches (silver and black) of this exact same model, and both the pins were weak and failed. 4/5 because of the weak pin.
on March 30, 2011
While I very much like a classy and professional looking watch, I couldn't justify spending several hundred (or thousands) of dollars on one, especially when some of the simplest watches caught my attention. And while I also prefer a metal band, it's never fun when arm hair gets stuck in the joints. A coworker recommended taking a look at some of the Skagen watches for their stainless steel mesh bands and this watch caught my eye immediately.

When it arrived, wrapped carefully around its protective little pillow in a very elegant box, I immediately realized that words did not do this watch justice. The craftsmanship is impeccable, the steel mesh band absolutely flawless. Setting the date and time took only a moment and adjusting the band to perfectly fit my arm only took a couple more. The watch is incredibly light and thin - the clasp is actually slightly thicker than the watch itself! I don't foresee very many accidental bumps and scratches as the watch face is just about form-fit to my arm. Worth every penny!

Now, if only I knew how to tell time...
review imagereview image
22 comments| 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.