Truck Reviews HPC Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on March 20, 2017
I love the face of this watch, but I hated the way the band felt on my wrist, so I replaced it. After that, I enjoyed wearing it nearly every day for a year. My favorite thing about this watch is how thin it is - it's barely thicker than the strap! I also like the classy look of the watch face.

The face itself has very little damage for how often I wore it - just a few scratches here and there. It's just mineral crystal covering the face, so it isn't indestructible, but it seems to resist most minor nicks. The included battery lasted about 2 years, which is pretty average in my experience.

Amazon won't let me edit my original 2-star review, so I've copied the important text from that review onto this one. The main reason I gave it such a low rating initially was because the band included is not durable. Here's that text:
"After about 2 months, I noticed that the watch band was beginning to get a little bent - I'm assuming it's just from the way the watch sat on my wrist. Additionally, the clasp had become worn down and it was a bit too easy to open. To remedy this, I tightened the watch by one notch while wearing it so the strap would fit a bit more snugly.
After another month or so, the strap was twisted enough to the point that the clasp would come undone while just walking around with the watch on. I got sick of it falling off and just now finally stopped wearing it."
review imagereview imagereview image
on April 18, 2012
Let me start out by saying I've had 4 of the Skagen watches. The first one was a gift, and I've never heard of Skagen before I received it. But, I LOVED the slim design. That watch I broke (after about a year and half) while working on something that I should have taken off the watch first before I started... totally my fault. I then ordered the same watch to replace it. It was the Skagen Men's 233LTTM Titanium Mesh Watch model. I still have it today, and still love it. Have had this second watch now for about 3 years.
Since then, I bought a black Skagen watch Skagen Men's 233LTMB Black Titanium Mesh Bracelet Watch. I was worried about buying this watch because of reviews saying the black color wore off or was scratched off the band. I have witnessed none of that and have had that watch for about a year.
Now to this watch, I thought I wanted something with a date on it and just something with a little different look then the other Skagen black watch I have. So I ordered this when I saw it on sale. Well.. although the watch is very nice, this watch is just a little too "busy" for me. And, if the actual face of the watch is slight larger in diameter then the previous models I have. I'm sure that's to incorporate all the detail that's packed into this watch. So, if you have a model very similar to my previous ones mentioned, just be aware that the ones with more detail are slight larger then the ones that are more "simple". Not a knock of any kind.. it's just preference.

As I said, I've owned four of the Skagen watches now. I love their bands and clip system so much, I'll never go back to a regular leather band. I love their slim design. I do lots of work around the house, in the yard, and on cars.. and I don't always remember to take my watch off, and I've never had any of the issues some other on here have posted. My clasps work great.. my crystal didn't just suddenly shatter or fall off, and the black has not worn off any of my bands. I'm sure those other people are not lying when they wrote their review, I'm sure all that was true. However, as I said, I'm not in any way careful (as I should be) with my watches and they still work and look great. There have been a few times I've banged my watch face and think to myself, "oh crap.. I bet that left a scratch", then I look and to my surprise there is no scratch.
I'm giving the watch 5 stars because of my great track record with them. And even though I've pointed out things like it being to "busy" or a little larger then expected... those are just more opinions and tastes, not actual knocks on the quality of the watch.
6 people found this helpful
on March 13, 2015
This is my third Skagen watch over the past 15 years. I love the fact that it is very thin, light weight and attractive looking. My only reason for not giving it 5 stars is that the face crystal is easily cracked. Not really noticable and doesn't seem to interfere with performance.

Update 8/21/15 Still love the looks and accuracy of this watch, but hate the fact that the crystal is unbelievably fragile. After 10 months of owning this watch the crystal was so cracked up it was difficult to see the dial. I contacted Skagen and they sent me a repair form. The charge was $45 which included a new crystal, new band and evidently a cleaning. Fantastic service from Metro Service Center. Have had the watch back for 21 days and the crystal is smashed worse than before. Keep in mind I am a retired 77 year old non-violent person. I am sorry to say I will never purchase another Skagen watch unless they advertise it with an unbreakable crystal.
One person found this helpful
on July 9, 2015
I just replaced the battery on this watch. The original battery lasted over three years.

I love this watch. It's super thin, comfortable, has an infinitely adjustable band and looks good. The band is one of my favorite features - very comfortable and easy to take on and off. Unlike other metal bands, I've never had this one catch on something and come off accidentally. Note that there's a bit of a technique to clasp the band properly. I gave a Skagen to my mother and she could never figure out how to put it on.

The watch claims to have a "Super Hard Mineral Crystal". Well so far I haven't gotten a single scratch in it.

Note that contrary to the implication on the face of this "DENMARK" watch, the back says "MADE IN CHINA", if that matters to you.
on December 14, 2014
Watch looks great, keeps perfect time and is very water resistant. After purchasing about five of these Skagen watches, my main complaint is the cool looking stainless steel mesh bands are damaged very easily, which is why I gave it four stars. If you wear it at all during the week, eventually you'll snag it and one of the tiny wires will break. At that point it sticks out and snags everything it comes in contact with. Replacement bands are expensive. It's happened to every one of mine. I now wear a Skagen with traditional metal band with links and have had no problems. Second complaint is the bezel on the bigger ones is prone to cracking a little more easily than other watches I've owned, although the one I'm wearing now I've had on for at least 2-3 years and it's still unbroken, just scratched. The two steel mesh watches stay in my drawer and have dead batteries.
on June 20, 2012
I'm a watch collector with close to 40 watches in my collection. They range from about 40 to 52 mm in diameter. The Skagen was intriguing for its titanium construction, the mesh strap and the very thin design (which I consider a good thing). Upon receiving the watch though, I was disappointed. I think the watch is too thin and too light--even thinner and lighter than the Movado Museum watch I have. Because of its small size, light weight, and thinness, the watch feels flimsy and fragile. Maybe I am used to heavier and bigger watches, but this watch feels insignificant--if that makes any sense. On the positive note, the watch is beautifully designed and I liked the colors. Had the watch been bigger, I definitely would have kept it, especially considering the exceptional price, but i ended up returning it. On a 6 foot, 250 lb guy, it just looked like I was wearing a paper cut-out of a watch instead of a real one.
on October 3, 2008
I find most men's watches to be so clunky they get in the way when you're working or even just sliding your shirt cuff over your wrist. This is a simple, inexpensive, beautifully designed watch that just about disappears on your wrist. It's understated, elegant and I don't think it would embarrass you no matter where you traveled. Some reviewers have complained that the color wears off the titanium band but I haven't experienced that yet. Those who returned the watch because they thought the clasp allowed the watch to easily come undone should spend a few moments with the manual. It's a two stage clasp and, believe me, if it's on properly the watch is not going anywhere. The problem is that the clasp is black on black and it's not obvious that there are two parts to the clasp. Take a moment to figure it out and you will never have a problem.
11 people found this helpful
on March 28, 2014
This is the 5th Skagen watch I've purchased in the last several years. Skagen offers a great looking watch at a very reasonable price. While Skagen offers good value for the money, don't expect a Skagen watch to last a lifetime. I had a titanium watch that I really liked until the clasp on the band stopped working. I had another with a leather band that needed to be replaced twice (at a cost equal to the price of the watch). And yet another with a battery that wouldn't last for six months. The good news is that you can replace a Skagen without breaking the bank.
on January 5, 2013
After a week of wearing the watch, it started to stop at random times until I pulled the pin used to set the time and put it back in. I sent for an exchange but Amazon has pulled this color saying several people complained about their recent batch.

The watch itself looks amazing and is extremely light and thin. The clasp feels a bit cheap and does not seem like it really snaps closed even though it has yet to open on me without me pulling it myself. The strap is comfortable although if you wear a coat with fuzzy material, you will be picking some material off the band.

If the watch works consistently, I would recommend it.
on August 4, 2011
I've had this watch about 6 months now. I still love it. Now to address some of the reviews I've read here.

Watch Band:
After 6 months, I have noticed a small area where the paint has worn off a little, it's hardly even noticeable unless you get the light just right on it. I've only lost paint on the clasp around the edges where it rubs on stuff. Also, the spot where it has rubbed off the band is where it rests on the desk when I type on the computer.

Clasp:
I am a full time police officer and part time firefighter/EMT. With all of my daily activity, I have NEVER had my watch fall off. Once in a great while the outer clasp may unlatch, but the second clasp has never come undone. BIG NOTE here, when I first bought the watch, I was trying to adjust the clasp to fit my wrist. I accidentally put the clasp on backwards and didn't realize it at first since I wasn't use to it yet. The watch would clasp, but would come undone very easy because the secondary clasp wasn't actually latching properly, actually not at all. There is also a small thin piece of metal that needs to be properly placed on the band or else it won't cinch down on the band either. So yes, the initial familiarization with the clasp can cause problems, once you figure it out, it is very secure. Most comfortable metal watch band I have ever wore.

Watch Face:
I have struck my watch several times on rough surfaces. I have two tiny tiny scratches on the quartz, and one small scratch on the casing paint.

I love this watch. And unless something goes wrong in the near future, I'll likely buy a Skagen again the next time. I really like the look, how thin they are, and they are by far the most comfortable watch I've ever had. And so to all those reviewers that complain about the clasp, I think it's user error. Read the book it comes with very carefully, and you should be fine.

****UPDATE 03-06-13****
I've owned this watch nearly two years now. The quartz did end up cracking a few months ago, however it remained water tight. It continues to spread though. The clasp is still rock solid, to this day it stays very secure and never comes undone. There was a bit more fading with the band in high wear areas, but still only noticeable upon close inspection in the right light. The paint on the face has held up very well too, still only a few micro scratches. The mesh band does tend to stretch a little over time, but very little. Overall I'm still very happy with this watch, despite the quartz cracking. I plan to replace it with another Skagen when the face stops being water proof. Lets hope the newer versions have better quartz.
30 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.