Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New album by Luke Bryan PCB for Musical Instruments Limited time offer Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TNF TNF TNF  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on March 2, 2012
Very nice affordable dress/casual watch. As stated, the orange gives it a unique look over other styles. I would have prefered roman numerals for a more formal look but no biggie. My main complaint is the band is NOT TITANIUM. For that reason I dropped it a star. I don't know whether that's Amazon's fault or Skagen's but it's misleading and makes a follow-up purchase all the more uncertain.
22 comments| 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 6, 2012
I'm sold on Skagen watches and these 2 enhance my collection for all occasions. I have a watch for all uses, outside digging in the dirt, in the shop doing a woodworking project, painting, biking, and for my teaching duties. After years of use and refining my needs, these two Skagens are perfect for several uses. The orange numbers are easy to read, the grey dial and matching case and band are subtle yet stylish. I love the Skagen mesh bands. They are easy to adjust and attach. The size is perfect for the low profile that I desire. The date feature is perfect. I have found that day and date is too much information for me. These two are set to be my casual dress and biking watches. Amazon pricing and timely delivery made these two watches a great choice for me.
on May 21, 2014
I own so many Skagens. I love them; they are good quality, fantastic price, and look amazing - plus, they fit under a button-down shirt cuff like they aren't even there. This watch is visually impressive; the orange accents are quite striking and very unusual without being completely tacky.
However, this one came with issues that I couldn't resolve and I have never seen in any of my other Skagens: the clasp was completely non-functional. The resize-clamp wouldn't crimp properly on the band in any position, and the clasp itself to keep the watched closed wouldn't stay closed. Neither one of these was easily fixable with a set of pliers (my other Skagens occasionally get loose in the clasp, but pinching it with some pliers always fixes it right up). I suspect that the little locking-bumps may not have been aligned properly, or not quite large enough to meet the locking-indents, which could explain why it wouldn't stay closed.
Nevertheless, if it can't stay on my wrist, it isn't any good to me. Sent it back and bought a different Skagen and have had no such similar problems since. Maybe I got a dud.
on January 15, 2014
Let me preface this by stating that I am a female who bought this watch to wear personally. I LOVE the watch: very slim, sleek, and unique, easy to read dial, love the bronze/gray color, feels weightless.
However, being a female with small/slim wrists, this is definitely a bit large. I was able to adjust the band length with no problem (and if I can do it anyone can!), and of course I was aware of the dial size before purchasing. The problem is that where the dial meets the band, there is about 5-10mm thickness on each end that is very stiff and essentially adds to the overall size of the dial (basically the width shown in the picture is about the narrowest it can be adjusted to). The end result is that it overlaps the width of my wrist, with a bit of space between skin and band. Obviously I understand most will not have this issue, but even for a male with small wrists, this may end up being too large for your liking.
All of that being said, I have still kept the watch, because I love the look and feel of it and to the casual observer doesn't appear to be exceptionally oversized. It doesn't even slide around on my wrist, which is also a plus. So all in all, a good buy.
on January 6, 2013
This watch caught my attention when I was shopping for a new one. I liked this one but selected several and asked my wife which one she liked. She liked this one also. The watch arrived in a timely manner and the pictures do not do the watch justice. It is a beautiful watch! I havent worn a watch in a long time and the clasp presented a challenge to me. So much so that I thought there was something wrong with it. I took it a jewelry store that did not sell Skagen. The jeweler showed me how the clasp worked and while doing so kept talking about what a great watch it was. The orange numbers stand out and it is so thin and light that you don't notice it is there. I have already banged it up against something pretty hard and cringed because I had read the reviews about the crystal cracking easily. Mine didnt. I highly recommend this watch!
on November 12, 2013
The watch is very stylish, that is if you appreciate a slim and elegantly designed watch. It fits with ease under a cuff of a dress shirt, which is a problem with a lot of watches. Currently fashionable watches tend to be really thick, clunky and with ridiculosly oversized face. This Skagen is not.
The orange outline of the numbers on the dial stand out against the gray/black background of the face. Thin but easily visible hour and minute hands tell time at a glance. The date in its round dot window is also easily readable.
The mesh wire bracelet also adds to the style and functionality of this watch. The clasp is very easy to operate and it is moveable, meaning that the tightness of the bracelet can be adjusted any time and it's easy to do. The bracelt is very comforatble and secure.
The watch's movemnent is super quiet and so far (had it for a week), very precise.
Of course, I'm hoping it will remain so.
on November 28, 2012
Fulfilled by WatchinGo, even though I chose free SuperSaver shipping, I had the watch at my doorstep in two days. Thanks WatchinGo.
This is a really cool looking watch. Very thin, comfortable, and the orange highlights contrasted with the titanium color make the numbers pop without being so orange that it becomes tacky; they struck a nice balance with that (see my uploaded images). So far after a couple weeks, timekeeping is right on the mark.
The clasp is very easy to adjust once you figure out how to release it for adjustment. The instructions on adjustment are not particularly clear, so I had to play with it for a few minutes to figure out how to do it. I had to be very careful so as not to bend the clasp. Once I figured out how to insert the screwdriver and lift the clasp latching mechanism it was all very clear and simple.
review image review image
on July 28, 2015
Get compliments on this watch all the time. Love the quality of the metal and the thinness of the face. I have small wrists and this type of design is definitely welcome over the big bulky diver's watch which is becoming the fashion of the day. I've worn this daily for over three years and have not had any problems with cracking the face or breaking the strap, the metal part of the face has some scuffs but they don't show badly and add some character. Overall I love this watch and will buy another Skagen when this one eventually gives up the ghost.
on March 22, 2014
This is my second Skagen watch. I like their thin design, and the mesh strap is both stylish and comfortable. It has a simple elegance that is good for many occasions. I prefer this watch over my black watch, as the black watch's band now shows some discoloration after a couple years of wearing it often. The color of the hours - which is fairly truly represented in the photos - makes them a little easier to read at a glance, but without being extreme in their look. The only thing that would be a negative is that the glow in the dark hands really are not bright, but that is not important to me and has not been an issue. I'd definitely buy this product again.
on September 20, 2012
I've always loved Skagens because they're so thin. This watch is very cool and it comes at a great price from Amazon. I bought it because I wanted a Skagen with a date feature, which this has. The orange numbers also look cool. I was worried about the size because I have a very small wrist, but it's not as large as other Skagen watches with a date feature. Highly recommended!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.