Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $54.99 for a limited time only Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on October 12, 2017
My husband wore one exactly like this for years, but he finally ruined it, so we reordered another just like it. He likes the adjustable, mesh band because he has thin wrists, and this band was a better fit than the buckle-type band. The only thing he did not like is that the clasp on the back was not the same quality as on the last watch he had. Fortunately, he was able to take the clasp off his old one and add it to this watch. The watch really looks nice, and he gets many compliments on it.
on April 4, 2017
Have always like the styling of this scandavian design watch. This was for my wife, she wanted clear numbers, and a date. Really nice classy watch. The clasp takes a little getting used to, a little fiddly if you have clumsy hands. It also needs accurate placement before closing properly. That looses it a star. Keeping perfect time after first week.
on February 11, 2014
This watch is attractive, slim and has a unique design. However, after a few months stopped working one morning. I try to reset the time, which started it working again. After two months the same thing happened again. I thought it might be the battery so I replaced. A month later same thing happened yet again: watch would stop working until I reset the time and then it would start again. This continues to happen every month or two. Unfortunately, I am now past Amazon's return policy and therefore unable to return the watch. The problem started to rise approximately a months after the return policy ended.

Overall: nice looking watch, but don't expect it to keep time.
on September 16, 2016
This was a gift to my husband and he loved it. He wanted a flatter (flush) dial case and a mesh band. This watch was perfect. My husband has a small wrist and this fits nicely. The case is perfect for a man's small wrist.
on March 8, 2011
I have small wrists, and I want a watch to match. Unfortunately, there aren't many small (in both diameter and thickness) men's watches out there today. So when I found this sleek and stylish watch, I was very interested. However, I had two problems with it which ultimately led to its return to Amazon.

1) The wrist strap does not flex nearly as well as you would expect. In fact, at the point where the strap connects to the watch case, there is only about 30 degrees of motion. For someone with a small wrist, this means that the watch band will not sit against your wrist, resulting in a very poor fit.

2) When I put on the watch for the first time and tried to tighten the band to better fit my wrist, the mesh strap separated from the case. The weld used to attach the strap to the case was practically non-existent. Mind you, this isn't a problem with the clasp as several other people have had. The watch band actually broke off the watch case. Back into the box it went for return to Amazon.

While I give this watch high marks for its size and style, I give it low marks for the strap design and quality.
on March 30, 2017
I have four other Skagen watches that I purchased from Amazon; I love all the different colors. The case diameter, thickness and band is what I like most about Skagen.
on July 14, 2017
Looks great & super light. I'm not happy that it can only withstand water resistance of washing hands so I have to take it off while giving my kid a bath. It was pretty clear, do not submerge this watch. The crown feels a little cheap, but I can get over it.
on March 23, 2014
I'm a vintage watch collector so I know a thing or two about the subject. I was looking for a simple, comfortable watch to wear while traveling and kicking around on the weekends. The Skagen was beautiful out of the box, a nice size and weight. You hardly know the watch is on it's so comfortable.

My only complaints are the band clasp, the connection isn't very secure. Also, glow on the hands and numbers is so weak that may as well not be there. You can even hold it under the light and it only glows for a few minutes afterwords. I would never pay full retail price ($135) for the watch but in the $80 range it's a fair price for a decent every day watch.
on September 10, 2009
I love this watch! And, you would not believe just how light this thing is. You barely realize that its on your wrist most of the time. I bought this for myself about 3 years ago and I only recently had to replace the battery. It keeps very accurate time and seems to be almost indestructible. My only complaint is that I wish they had made the numbers and hands "white" and bigger. Depending on the light (and glare) sometimes its really difficult to see them and tell what the time is. But, its minor. In those situations, I just look a little closer and move my wrist around until the light is right to make it more readable. Also, don't get this as a nighttime use watch. While the hands ARE glow-in-the-dark, they are so thin and the glow fades so fast, its pretty much useless at night...without light to read it. Otherwise, it makes a really great "dress" watch.
on April 7, 2014
I bought this watch from here about 2 years ago. Im finally doing a review so that I can give a proper review.

First off, the Danish company was bought by Fossil a few years back so you know you're getting a good watch. It is very elegant and low profile. Ive seen similar watches like this sell for hundreds more. The quality of the watch it very nice. Its mostly stainless steel but it contains some titanium in it somewhere. The band is one of the coolest features. Its very strong and never kinks. It does hold water if it gets wet but thats no biggie.

I do wear this watch 24/7 and I never take it off. Dont worry about getting it wet. I take showers with it, swam, and put it through hell a few times and its still functions perfectly and looks good. The stainless steel with scratch but I think it gives it character and a unique look. I get compliments on it all the time. Oh....and it DOES have glow in the dark hands that glow for hours with minimal light.

The only thing that I guess I can say neutral about it is that the crystal does scratch easily and the battery in mine is already starting to show that it needs to be changed.

Other than that....its a great watch. Especially for the price. I think I am going to order the Onyx (black) one next.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.