Truck Reviews Beauty Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

Top Contributor: Golfon August 23, 2016
I'm surprised at the negative reviews here, which made me pause before finally buying this beautiful watch. It's thin, lightweight and stunningly understated classic taste. The face is a deep metallic blue, the hands, numbers and workmanship are first class, exquisite detail. The band is a fine mesh. The clasp is a marvel of engineering. It connects 3- ways: a hook over a bar, then 2 opposite side clasps snap down over the hook/bar. There is no way it opens unintentionally. The watch and band feel robust enough to wear during golf. Seems like a much more expensive watch. The movement is Japanese and the band made in China, which both seem high quality.
review image
20 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on September 11, 2016
I had this watch for a while and was loving it until I went for 5 minute swim with it on. I figured it was safe to do given that the product description says "Water-resistant to 99 feet (30 M)". Attached is what the watch looks like now. Had I known that there is absolutely no water resistance on this watch, I would have either taken it off or not purchased to begin with.
review image
25 people found this helpful
on September 16, 2016
Great watch! I had the black bodied version before, with same blue face, but it was smaller overall. I wanted a silver body and bigger watch...well Skagen apparently heard my request and made it. The only thing I think is missing is bright glow in the dark hands.
I get compliments on this all the time and it's so thin and light you forget it's even there.
Pretty tough too...I put it through all kinds of swimming, mountain biking, hiking, working in a lab, and it does very well. My previous one lasted three years and fell apart in a violent crash on a bike...can't blame the watch!
4 people found this helpful
on September 5, 2017
I've been admiring Skagen watches from afar for years and finally decided to start shopping. My wife one I wanted a blue five and titanium mesh band and surprised key with this for my birthday. The watch is amazing. It's not only a thin profile but so light weight it's like you aren't wearing anything at all. I love the adjustable band so no trip to the jeweler to have it sized before I could wear it. Works great as well.

In addition it is functional with any type of clothing. Looks professional with a suit at work and stylish with jeans and a t-shirt on a night out. Couldn't be happier with the purchase. Came out of the box clean and ready to go as well. Great watch, I highly recommend it.
3 people found this helpful
on May 30, 2017
Love the style, but that's subjective. What impresses me is the accuracy of the watch. Always loved Citizens, which were more far more accurate than a Rolex I once owned and got rid of because I couldn't understand owning a watch worth thousands that couldn't keep good time! Wanted a Skagen for years, but reliability of Citizens I had kept me waiting. I have to say that this Skagen is the most accurate watch I have ever owned; keeping precise time or within a second or two each week.

Comfortable with ability to size band perfectly. I may be an idiot, but I had a little difficulty first setting clasp. Tip for sizing: make sure adjustable clasp sits in notch of band. Once I figured out that I wasn't aligning clasp properly, I had no problem setting size.

Excellent value. I can't imagine a better watch for the money.
on March 29, 2018
I returned this item. I've been wearing Skagen watches for 15 years. This watch did not measure up to the earlier quality. The overall manufacturing quality is poor: sharp edges on the clasp, poorer, lighter 'tinny' make. The photo resembles an earlier style of Skagen watch: that's the photo, not the fact. In hand, the watch looks like dozens of cheap wristwatches currently on the market. And, as noted in earlier reviews, the face is huge. And, I also ordered a watch directly from Skagen, and found the came thing to be true: it was cheaply made, poorly designed, and the stainless band was so sharp and uncomfortable that I took it off after an hour. Both were like tin toys; Skagen watches are the merest shadow of their former selves.
on February 24, 2018
Watch looks great but wrist band has a bad desion. I cannot be shortened due to the make of material. If the wearer has small wrists the extra length shows from under the band when it is on the wrist and looks tacky. Worst of all the clasp is poorly designed and will abolutely not fasten securely.
on February 6, 2013
This watch is highly regarded by most reviewers and for a good reason....it's beautiful. I have a small wrist and the current oversized watches look like Big Ben on my wrist! Honestly, I don't know how this trend got started, but I'll be glad when it ends.

I've had this watch for several months now and it keeps accurate time. The only issue I've uncovered so far is that occasionally, the date will not advance fully to the next numeral. It will hang up slightly such that the numeral isn't completely centered in the window. This doesn't happen often and I can live with it. To center it, you simply pull out the stem and nudge it until the numeral centers itself. I don't know if this is unique to my watch or others have also experienced it.

Allow me to make an observation regarding the clasp. I like my watches to fit snugly on my wrist. I believe that if you adjust the band such that it fits snugly, you won't lose the watch even if the security clasp comes open. That’s because you'll keep pressure on the hook and pin portion of the clasp at all times making it unlikely that they'll separate on their own. I have to make an effort to unclasp the band and I can't imagine it ever coming loose on its own. If you like a watch that fits loosely on your wrist, this may not be the watch for you.

Overall, a great watch and highly recommended if you prefer style over size.
3 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on July 14, 2017
Looks great & super light. I'm not happy that it can only withstand water resistance of washing hands so I have to take it off while giving my kid a bath. It was pretty clear, do not submerge this watch. The crown feels a little cheap, but I can get over it.
on December 27, 2012
TIP: For those whom find the 'security clasp' (second latch) on band to release much too easily--I had the same problem and before even wearing for the first time I used a channel lock type pliers to (gently and carefully) squeeze the clasp 'wings' (the parts with the tiny protrusions) toward each other slightly. Just took seconds and I got it right the first time, now it takes deliberate intention to release and snaps possitive.

I can easily sympathize with those whom don't like this latch it may take some getting used to--I like it: A) when closed it is very compact, unobtrusive and it's lite weight., B) I perversely enjoy the bit of three finger dexterity that it takes to put on my wrist, C) I work with heavy steel all day and appreciate this as nicely designed jewlery not intended for harsh work environment.

I am impressed at how easy it is to forget I'm wearing it, SEEMS to be quite good quality and excellent value. (I paid about $60 but $100 plus still seems plenty inexpensive) Very comfortable and atractive. Note: The color is not so silver as in the top photo but the botton pics on skin represent true appearance quite well. I love and demand the thin sleak, minimal design and simplicity of appearance, nothing protruding nor corners between band and body to diminish looks or catch on clothing.
EXCELLENT ASTHETICS!
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.