Lyft Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Thor: Ragnarok available to buy Thor: Ragnarok available to buy Thor: Ragnarok available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18_gno

Top Contributor: Golfon August 23, 2016
I'm surprised at the negative reviews here, which made me pause before finally buying this beautiful watch. It's thin, lightweight and stunningly understated classic taste. The face is a deep metallic blue, the hands, numbers and workmanship are first class, exquisite detail. The band is a fine mesh. The clasp is a marvel of engineering. It connects 3- ways: a hook over a bar, then 2 opposite side clasps snap down over the hook/bar. There is no way it opens unintentionally. The watch and band feel robust enough to wear during golf. Seems like a much more expensive watch. The movement is Japanese and the band made in China, which both seem high quality.
review image
11 comment| 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 11, 2016
I had this watch for a while and was loving it until I went for 5 minute swim with it on. I figured it was safe to do given that the product description says "Water-resistant to 99 feet (30 M)". Attached is what the watch looks like now. Had I known that there is absolutely no water resistance on this watch, I would have either taken it off or not purchased to begin with.
review image
on October 12, 2017
My husband wore one exactly like this for years, but he finally ruined it, so we reordered another just like it. He likes the adjustable, mesh band because he has thin wrists, and this band was a better fit than the buckle-type band. The only thing he did not like is that the clasp on the back was not the same quality as on the last watch he had. Fortunately, he was able to take the clasp off his old one and add it to this watch. The watch really looks nice, and he gets many compliments on it.
on February 6, 2013
This watch is highly regarded by most reviewers and for a good reason....it's beautiful. I have a small wrist and the current oversized watches look like Big Ben on my wrist! Honestly, I don't know how this trend got started, but I'll be glad when it ends.

I've had this watch for several months now and it keeps accurate time. The only issue I've uncovered so far is that occasionally, the date will not advance fully to the next numeral. It will hang up slightly such that the numeral isn't completely centered in the window. This doesn't happen often and I can live with it. To center it, you simply pull out the stem and nudge it until the numeral centers itself. I don't know if this is unique to my watch or others have also experienced it.

Allow me to make an observation regarding the clasp. I like my watches to fit snugly on my wrist. I believe that if you adjust the band such that it fits snugly, you won't lose the watch even if the security clasp comes open. That’s because you'll keep pressure on the hook and pin portion of the clasp at all times making it unlikely that they'll separate on their own. I have to make an effort to unclasp the band and I can't imagine it ever coming loose on its own. If you like a watch that fits loosely on your wrist, this may not be the watch for you.

Overall, a great watch and highly recommended if you prefer style over size.
on April 4, 2017
Have always like the styling of this scandavian design watch. This was for my wife, she wanted clear numbers, and a date. Really nice classy watch. The clasp takes a little getting used to, a little fiddly if you have clumsy hands. It also needs accurate placement before closing properly. That looses it a star. Keeping perfect time after first week.
on September 16, 2016
This was a gift to my husband and he loved it. He wanted a flatter (flush) dial case and a mesh band. This watch was perfect. My husband has a small wrist and this fits nicely. The case is perfect for a man's small wrist.
on March 8, 2011
I have small wrists, and I want a watch to match. Unfortunately, there aren't many small (in both diameter and thickness) men's watches out there today. So when I found this sleek and stylish watch, I was very interested. However, I had two problems with it which ultimately led to its return to Amazon.

1) The wrist strap does not flex nearly as well as you would expect. In fact, at the point where the strap connects to the watch case, there is only about 30 degrees of motion. For someone with a small wrist, this means that the watch band will not sit against your wrist, resulting in a very poor fit.

2) When I put on the watch for the first time and tried to tighten the band to better fit my wrist, the mesh strap separated from the case. The weld used to attach the strap to the case was practically non-existent. Mind you, this isn't a problem with the clasp as several other people have had. The watch band actually broke off the watch case. Back into the box it went for return to Amazon.

While I give this watch high marks for its size and style, I give it low marks for the strap design and quality.
on October 1, 2011
I've had this watch for a little over a month and a half now so I felt I should leave a review. Honestly, I love this watch. I previously had a great Fossil watch that I have worn for over 10 years (which I still have and also works fine aside form the worn away aluminum plating, just fyi) because I couldn't find a watch that had the same Cobalt blue face plate in anything nicer, and that was what initially drew me to this watch. That aside, I like it so much I have to leave a good review. I had never previously heard of the Skagen brand, but I don't regret going with them at all.

These are some of my impressions of this watch:
It is very light weight. My old one was comparatively very heavy.
It sells for a great price on Amazon (I paid 68$ compared to MSRP of $135 on their website).
The color is amazing.
The band, besides not catching on my arm hair as my old watch did (which hurt when it happened), feels great and looks fantastic in many lighting conditions.
I have honestly gotten quite a few compliments on the watch by people who wanted to know where to buy this watch, so it looks good to others.

My sole complaint is that this watch does in fact have some glow in the dark capability, but the glow in the dark lines are either razor thin or extremely weak and do not really light up at night in a way that is readable. I would also like to address anyone who is concerned about the complaints about the band, I found that they were completely unfounded. The band is simple, I adjusted it to my wrist in less than 5 minutes, and the clasp is also not complicated at all, at least not anymore complicated than any standard dress watch.

Overall, I completely recommend this watch to anyone looking to buy a casual dress watch that's thin, light and looks good. I hope it will last at least as many years as my previous watch.
on March 23, 2014
I'm a vintage watch collector so I know a thing or two about the subject. I was looking for a simple, comfortable watch to wear while traveling and kicking around on the weekends. The Skagen was beautiful out of the box, a nice size and weight. You hardly know the watch is on it's so comfortable.

My only complaints are the band clasp, the connection isn't very secure. Also, glow on the hands and numbers is so weak that may as well not be there. You can even hold it under the light and it only glows for a few minutes afterwords. I would never pay full retail price ($135) for the watch but in the $80 range it's a fair price for a decent every day watch.
on November 2, 2010
The watch is lovely, simple and elegant. For my money,I'm not convinced the fastener is as tough as i would like it to be. For a workingman it might be in danger of falling open, as it did while i was sitting in a chair reading.In other words, beautiful dress watch, not so well suited to the rough and tumble.
Also, while they make a big fuss about Denmark and Danish design etc., from the name on down, at no point anywhere on the watch or in any of the enclosed packaging or literature do they specifically state where it's made. So i suspect it's probably Chinese manufacture, albeit a pretty nice job.
The watch has kept time perfectly for over two years now. The metal band is nice in the beginning, but I learned that if ever it frays, it becomes real troublesome. It is woven stainless steel, so if a steel thread breaks, you're left with a mean little snag that will catch on, or tear, about anything, and there's nothing to be done except eventually replace the band altogether.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.