Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 374 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 431 reviews
on August 23, 2016
I'm surprised at the negative reviews here, which made me pause before finally buying this beautiful watch. It's thin, lightweight and stunningly understated classic taste. The face is a deep metallic blue, the hands, numbers and workmanship are first class, exquisite detail. The band is a fine mesh. The clasp is a marvel of engineering. It connects 3- ways: a hook over a bar, then 2 opposite side clasps snap down over the hook/bar. There is no way it opens unintentionally. The watch and band feel robust enough to wear during golf. Seems like a much more expensive watch. The movement is Japanese and the band made in China, which both seem high quality.
review image
on September 16, 2016
Great watch! I had the black bodied version before, with same blue face, but it was smaller overall. I wanted a silver body and bigger watch...well Skagen apparently heard my request and made it. The only thing I think is missing is bright glow in the dark hands.
I get compliments on this all the time and it's so thin and light you forget it's even there.
Pretty tough too...I put it through all kinds of swimming, mountain biking, hiking, working in a lab, and it does very well. My previous one lasted three years and fell apart in a violent crash on a bike...can't blame the watch!
on May 30, 2017
Love the style, but that's subjective. What impresses me is the accuracy of the watch. Always loved Citizens, which were more far more accurate than a Rolex I once owned and got rid of because I couldn't understand owning a watch worth thousands that couldn't keep good time! Wanted a Skagen for years, but reliability of Citizens I had kept me waiting. I have to say that this Skagen is the most accurate watch I have ever owned; keeping precise time or within a second or two each week.

Comfortable with ability to size band perfectly. I may be an idiot, but I had a little difficulty first setting clasp. Tip for sizing: make sure adjustable clasp sits in notch of band. Once I figured out that I wasn't aligning clasp properly, I had no problem setting size.

Excellent value. I can't imagine a better watch for the money.
on June 28, 2013
I've had this watch for a little over a month, and it's now my favorite. To give you some perspective, it's up against a handful of Casio G-Shocks. Although I love the Casio watches, they're incredibly bulky and flop all around my rather skinny wrist unless I strap them on so tight that they cut off all blood flow to my hand. Also, the Casio watches are not that aesthetically pleasing.

I was at first disappointed by this watch because both the watch face and the band are darker than the image advertised on Amazon. Also, adjusting the band to my wrist took some figuring out. Also, how to actually put the watch on and clasp it took some figuring out. Also, the watch fit rather weirdly on my incredibly skinny wrist (really, it's like bone with some skin draped over it).

However, I loved how thin the watch is and how cool the mesh band looks and feels, so I took the trouble to figure out how to better fit it to my wrist and how to properly clasp it. Now I put it on and take it off with no thought or effort at all, and it has not yet come loose or fallen off.

I have not received a single compliment on this watch--but then, I spend all my time at work and most of the people I work with are idiots. I'm sure that if I spent time with better company, I'd get the compliments that others report because this is a really good looking, comfortable watch.

It's keeping excellent time and is so thin and light that most of the time I forget I have it on. However, when I need to tell time I can easily and with a glance. Since I have good glasses, I can easily read the date window as well.

The coolest thing about this watch is that, although my wrist is so skinny that the mesh band wraps virtually all the way around itself, it doesn't stick out to the side. If you already own this watch and have a skinny wrist, you know what I mean.

This watch has no bells and whistles beyond being lightweight, slender, beautiful, and functional. I like it more than any watch I have ever owned.
on February 6, 2013
This watch is highly regarded by most reviewers and for a good reason....it's beautiful. I have a small wrist and the current oversized watches look like Big Ben on my wrist! Honestly, I don't know how this trend got started, but I'll be glad when it ends.

I've had this watch for several months now and it keeps accurate time. The only issue I've uncovered so far is that occasionally, the date will not advance fully to the next numeral. It will hang up slightly such that the numeral isn't completely centered in the window. This doesn't happen often and I can live with it. To center it, you simply pull out the stem and nudge it until the numeral centers itself. I don't know if this is unique to my watch or others have also experienced it.

Allow me to make an observation regarding the clasp. I like my watches to fit snugly on my wrist. I believe that if you adjust the band such that it fits snugly, you won't lose the watch even if the security clasp comes open. That’s because you'll keep pressure on the hook and pin portion of the clasp at all times making it unlikely that they'll separate on their own. I have to make an effort to unclasp the band and I can't imagine it ever coming loose on its own. If you like a watch that fits loosely on your wrist, this may not be the watch for you.

Overall, a great watch and highly recommended if you prefer style over size.
on January 28, 2017
Very stylish and unique.I have a small wrist and appreciated the fact that the wristband is easily adjusted. It keeps excellent time, but "time" will tell how reliable it is. I do wish that the battery had been deactivated though, because there is no way to know how long the battery has been in operation.
on March 7, 2013
As someone who has only had cheap Walmart watches their entire life, you feel like a big deal when wearing this. Very thin, light weight and BEAUTIFUL. It really stands out and I've gotten a lot of compliments. The best thing is that it goes great with everything from a suit to jeans an a tee shirt. It did take me a few minutes to figure out how to adjust and fasten the band. But now I can take it off and put in on in a couple seconds. This watch definitely made me a Skagen fan. For the price you can't beat it. When it finally does bite the dust I'm definitely going to get another one.

EDIT: 12/7/13: I've been wearing this watch everyday since I bought it and it's held up like a champ. I cook in a restaurant so this thing has been exposed to heat, grease and other abuses on a daily basis. Still works an only has a few light scratches. I can only assume the other reviewers, who said theirs broke, must have got a lemon. Mine has been exposed to some of the worst possible conditions and it's still going strong.
on December 27, 2012
TIP: For those whom find the 'security clasp' (second latch) on band to release much too easily--I had the same problem and before even wearing for the first time I used a channel lock type pliers to (gently and carefully) squeeze the clasp 'wings' (the parts with the tiny protrusions) toward each other slightly. Just took seconds and I got it right the first time, now it takes deliberate intention to release and snaps possitive.

I can easily sympathize with those whom don't like this latch it may take some getting used to--I like it: A) when closed it is very compact, unobtrusive and it's lite weight., B) I perversely enjoy the bit of three finger dexterity that it takes to put on my wrist, C) I work with heavy steel all day and appreciate this as nicely designed jewlery not intended for harsh work environment.

I am impressed at how easy it is to forget I'm wearing it, SEEMS to be quite good quality and excellent value. (I paid about $60 but $100 plus still seems plenty inexpensive) Very comfortable and atractive. Note: The color is not so silver as in the top photo but the botton pics on skin represent true appearance quite well. I love and demand the thin sleak, minimal design and simplicity of appearance, nothing protruding nor corners between band and body to diminish looks or catch on clothing.
EXCELLENT ASTHETICS!
on August 30, 2010
I just got one of these watches, and I quite like it. It's a very understated look it has, more so than the picture here at Amazon would lead you to believe. The grey color of the titanium case and mesh band is, I would say, maybe a shade or two darker than what I'd call neutral in tone, and the blue face is somewhat darker than the picture here would lead you to think. There's practically no element of "bling" to it at all, if that's what you're looking for. But I do like it. It has a very elegant, sleek, clean-lined appearance in the tradition of modern Scandinavian design. It's what I consider a quite thin watch, and so would be very good to wear with a long-sleeved shirt with tight cuffs. It's not really small like a lady's watch (or older men's watches, which were almost always small by today's standard), but neither is it as large as some of the oversized, macho behemoths that are marketed as men's watches today. The size is just nicely in between the two extremes. One of the reasons I picked this one is that I've always liked watch faces that have a full complement of Arabic-style numerals, which this one does.

About that pesky clasp, though......many people appear to have been baffled by it, as I was when it first arrived today. You might honestly think after staring at it for a while, as I did, that you understand how it's supposed to work. And there's a very good chance that you are completely wrong about that, because it's tricky. I think many of the people who have claimed that the clasp does not hold securely, and that the watch keeps dropping off, simply never discovered how to work it properly. Believe me, if you do it properly it is a very secure fastener, but you need to find out how because it's tricky. It's a three-step process: "hook, snap, clasp." Hard to explain with words though, you really need a visual aid, which you can see at the Skagen website. Go to their home page, at the bottom of which click "Customer Service," then click "Watch Band Sizing" and you'll get the instruction page with diagrams showing not only how to secure the clasp, but also how to adjust the band's length, which is also not at all obvious from just looking at it. It's simple once you figure it out, but if you don't do all three of the steps of closing it, it will fail you.

In addition, it's easy to set the time and date, and seems to be running OK so far. The only quibble I might have with it is that the little round window with the day of the month on it is really very tiny, and can be difficult to see for some people in low light or without their reading glasses.
on November 26, 2013
This watch is extremely fashionable, comfortable, and generally awesome.

There is only one problem I have had with it, which wasn't large enough to take it down to 4 starts. The band is very nice, thin, flexible, and stylish. However, it isn't the most durable. If you snag it on anything the edges of the steel mesh can easily fray, leaving you with a couple of steel wires poking out from the side of the band. These wires will then snag on the fabric of any clothes you wear and slowly destroy them. Basically you can expect to have to replace the band after a while if you wear this watch often. And replacement bands are not cheap and easy to find my any stretch of the imagination. But, like I said, the watch is so awesome in general that it still deserves 5 stars.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.