Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon howardsend howardsend howardsend  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Start your Baby Registry

on September 16, 2011
This watch truly looks stunning. I've received many comments on the super thin (and very comfortable)mesh band. The face is simple, yet quite dressy, modern and exceptionally easy to read, even without glasses, for these 60-year-old eyes. It's also quite large, in the current fashion. I've had no issues with scratches on the crystal, even though I'm not the most careful with my watches. I work at a radio station where time accuracy is essential. This watch gains only about 2 seconds a week, and its sweep second hand is extremely easy to reset (simply pull out the stem and push back in at the appropriate moment), so I'm always "right" on time!

The only slight drawback for me is that the double safety clasp (a first for this previously leather or rubber band-wearer only), is a bit fussy. I got the hang of it pretty quickly, though, and it has yet to release unbidden. It is also relatively simple to adjust, using a thin-bladed object.

This is a great value for the price, IMHO.

Peter
on March 9, 2011
This is my first Skagen watch. The internet photo makes it look like there's a black ring just around the face, but that is a trick of the lighting. The watch is all-gray, with the dial a slightly darker gray than the case. Looks much nicer, IMO, than the identical all-black model. It has a simple, understated appearance. Could easily be worn with a suit and probably to a black-tie event as well. May look out of place with t-shirt and jeans. And if you need a large shiny diver's watch with a helium escape valve and 300M of water resistance to wear on your yacht while you are on your undercover spy mission in the Mediterannean, this is not the watch for you. MI-6 has probably provided you with your standard issue Omega or Rolex...

I have previously owned a Pulsar solar watch with a stainless steel band which I loved for about 12 years until the capacitor wore out -- now it doesn't hold its charge. I recently bought another stainless steel Pulsar with a quartz movement, which is ok, except that the links in the band constantly pinch my arm hair around my wrist. Terribly annoying!

The Skagen is very comfortable -- steel mesh band doesn't pinch at all and it adjusts much better to the size of my wrist. My Pulsar watches always felt like the band was either half a link too big or half a link too small. Also, the Skagen feels significantly lighter than my other watches and doesn't clunk up and down on my arm.

A lot of the Skagen reviews mention reliability and service issues (crystal breaking easily, etc...) which I don't think you should have from a $155 watch. I can't comment since I only just took it out of the box, but I will post again if I experience similar problems.
on February 28, 2013
My husband purchased a Skagen for me at Christmas a couple of years ago. I wear it nearly every day. This year, I thought I would purchase one for him. He has difficulty with watch bands becoming caught in the hair on his wrist or, it they are leather, absorbing perspiration during the summer and then he is unable to wear them because they begin to smell. The watchband on the Skagen is a nice compromise for this problem. The mesh is very fine and nothing gets caught on it. The watch looks great and keeps accurate time. The price is excellent for a watch of this quality. Would purchase it again as a gift for our sons.
on April 16, 2012
I've enjoyed wearing another Skagen men's watch for almost 2 years, with a round blue dial (Men's 233XLTTN Titanium Watch). I've had no problems with it, but I wanted another Skagen watch with a cleaner look (no numbers), so I ordered this one. The diameter listed for this one (39 mm) is only 2 mm more than what is listed for the round one I have, but I guess because this one has squared corners, it's actually much larger than the round one, and it did not fit my wrist at all. It looked great, though. Amazon made the return easy, but I'm still looking for a smaller Skagen with a clean look like this one.
on October 28, 2011
Really liked the watch until I received it. It was properly packaged and arrived promptly. I in turn inspected the watch and it looked fine. Accordingly, I set the time and let it run over night. When I went to put it on I noticed it was running 15 minutes late... With that I reset the watch and repeated the process the next day, again aproximately 15 minutes late... I was disappointed and did not want to send back to the manufacturer to troubleshoot or replace the battery for essentially a new watch. The honeymoon of the Skagen (my first, by the way) ended abruptly when I packaged it and returned to sender... In the end I am not sure who was at fault here...? Could it be the seller under the Amazon umbrella or the watch itself...?

On a positive note the watch is handsome and has a quality feel. I thought the face would have looked even sharper if it was slightly smaller. The frame(case)of the watch is slightly square, that is what attracted me to this model Skagen in the first place, however, the face is so large on your wrist you do not get a chance to appreciate the squarish frame.
on November 16, 2011
I have been wearing this watch for 10 days now and love it. I bought it to use in a hospital for taking vital signs and it works well, it is easy to read, comfortable, and light weight. I have had several people notice and compliment me on the look of the watching. I really like the band, it is very easy to adjust and doesn't pull my arm hairs or feel cheap.

Other things that should be noted:

- I have seen other people have had problems with Skagen watches with the glass breaking. So far the glass shows no scratches and was even dropped about 4 ft onto a tile floor with no visible damage.

- There is another review on here that says his watch was loosing 15 minutes per day. I was worried about that, but so far the watch has been correct to less then a minute. I didn't bother setting it to the exact second so I am not sure if it has lost any seconds.

- The watch is rated to 3 ATM for water resistance. This is about 100 ft, which means NO swimming (moving in water creates much high pressures than 100 ft of still water). Searching online there is some ambiguity of whether or not you can shower with it on. I didn't for the first couple days, but keep forgetting to take it off, and have probably take 6-8 showers with it on. No problems so far.

I was going to spend $100 - $200 on a new watch, but go this on here for $80 and love it.

UPDATE: I have worn this watch for several months now and love it. The watch still looks new and keeps very accurate time. The only problem I had was a minor reaction to the metal on the back of the case, but was able to get around that with some clear nail polish from my wife. I have also worn it for many many showers now, I wouldn't worry about it.
on October 1, 2011
This is my second titanium watch--last one was a Seiko. I really like them because they're so light. Downside can be that while strong, titanium is actually rather soft and scratches easily.

I really like the look and feel of this watch. It's light, thin, and comfortable, with nice large dial and day-date. Mineral crystal and stainless steel band will make it more scratch resistant than my last one was, I think. Very happy with the purchase--especially at less than $90!
on July 13, 2013
I actually chose this watch because of it looks and the price, i know nothing about the mechanics of a watch so i can't tell you if its really accurate or not, but i can tell you this:

- it looks really good specially if your wrists are on the wider side ... because the way the strap works it doesn't bend completely against your wrist but actually keep its shape because its stiff on the part that connects to the watch itself.
-It looks really thin and although the watch is actually thin on the border it has a bulge in the center, but nobody will notice it.
- It's really easy to adjust.
-The english/spanish date choice on the watch is really useful for me (because my main language is spanish).

Overall: excellent watch at a good price point.
on October 12, 2013
This is the watch that sold me on Skagen. I bought three Skagen watches at one time here on Amazon but the other two seemed to sit in my case 99% of the time because I couldn't quit wearing this one. It's beautifully designed and versatile so that I can wear it with anything without it being out if place. It is extremely thin and light weight which is perfect for me since I dislike wearing jewelry. This watch has been complimented more times than I can recall too. . . and regularly by both sexes. The watch isn't trendy or gaudy in any way, but it has a very timeless yet "now" look that I can see looking great for years to come. I recently put a small scratch on the crystal of mine and while I ordered another Skagen of a different style, I plan on repurchasing this watch so that I'll have a flawless version to wear.
on June 30, 2012
The watch came nicely packed, and on time.. Everything was fine and I was happy to have it until two days after I've received it. The Skagen simply stopped working. I was disappointed... A lot...
I took it to repair shop, and the guy had a smirk on his face... He explained that same thing happen to few more Skagens and that he is confident to fix it... It cost me 10$ more, but it broke the feeling I had... So I gave it away. I just didn't feel like having it anymore... Very nice design, but they should work on quality...
Skagen Men's 696XLTTM Titanium Grey Dial Watch

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question