Spring Deals Automotive Best Books of the Month New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One GNO for Samsung S9 Fire TV Stick: $29.99. Offer ends 3/26/18 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry SpringEvent_Lawn_and_Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18SW_gno

on November 23, 2011
Update 1/4/2013: I've had the watch for nearly 14 months now. I was concerned when I read one poster's comment that the face cracked--that he woke up one morning and found it that way. Well, my watch has been through one cold winter, a hot, 3-digit heat-spell days (101 - 104 degrees Fahrenheit) and now a 2nd winter (below freezing). It has been accidentally knocked against my car and other hard objects. No damage whatsoever. My older Skagen that I've had for 10 year or more has also endured the same treatment and is working just fine. So the poster may have just gotten a bad watch but it is the exception not the norm. It has kept perfect time. After having it for so long now, the only feature that bugs me is when I have to reset the date (months shorter than 31 days). Twice now I've accidentally gone two days forward. Since there is no going backwards, that can be a bother. Also, within the past year or so my eye-sight seems to be getting worse and using this for anything but telling time is a challenge. Still, that is not the fault of the watch. I still am very happy with it.

Original post: The watch-face was a bit bigger than I anticipated. My wife bought me my first Skagen at Costco as an anniversary present over a decade ago. The reason I love Skagen is that the watch is very thin and doesn't get caught-up in my clothing (shirt, sweater, coat) when dressing & undressing (Yeah, I know... why don't I just take it off before that? Well, just because I've fallen into a habit and just plain "don't".)

The only thing my first watch lacked was a date feature. This watch offers that. Even though I have an Android phone that is always with me, it is not easy to see the time when outside and it is always awkward to have to stop to grab my phone just for the time. Wearing and referencing a watch is just easier.

With my first watch, I only had to replace the battery once a few years ago. It keeps perfect time.

If you look at the customer-uploaded pics, you'll see me wearing both the new & old watches together. As you can tell, I have a small frame so the new (blue, round-faced) watch looks very large on me.
review image
on August 30, 2014
A heads up on the bands of these "titanium" watches...
They're beautiful.
However, as far as these watches go, beauty is only skin deep. I was fooled be the "titanium" description. I thought it was a mesh titanium band and titanium case. It's not. It's an anodized titanium finish. Microscopically thin.
I rarely remove my watches. I'll swap them out if they don't match something I'm wearing, and leave it on until that one doesn't match something. You can't do that with these. They will NOT stand up to ANY sort of abuse. That mesh bracelet will catch on the edge of something eventually, and you'll have a tiny, stiff wire poking off of it. Soon, it'll be 5 tiny wires, and the band will look like carpet unraveling, with a divot in the side. It happened to both of mine, and I'm not that hard on my things. The finish will also wear off. They aren't expensive watches, so it's probably worth considering if you want one to wear occasionally. If you're like me, though, and don't like to worry whether your stuff is going to break under constant use, I'd probably choose something else.
With the prices on Skagen watches doubling or sometimes tripling on Amazon since the beginning of 2014, I can no longer recommend buying one at these silly prices. Skagen quality simply doesn't justify (approaching) Movado prices.
on November 24, 2012
Nice quality and very sleek/light design, has plenty of class for those of us who can't afford luxury mechanical timepieces in the $3k range. Has a different look than most watches one would come across on a normal day and is so light you'll forget you're wearing it. I'm not a fan of fat bling'y watches so these Skagens are great for me. I have a couple of Skagens from nearly 10 years ago and they're still intact and working, I'd expect this one to last awhile with normal use too.
on February 13, 2013
I have received lots of compliments on this watch. The face is very beautiful and it looks expensive. the watch is very light weight.
The problem is the band. it has an unusual clasp which is hard to put on and not very secure. One time, I was walking and the watch fell off and onto the ground.
on December 21, 2011
I have had this watch for about a month now. I purchased it after buying (and subsequently returning) the cheaper, smaller version of this same watch (the one with no date function). I have to say this watch is much more solidly made than that watch. I love the black mesh band - very comfortable and sturdy. The latch works very well, but I would read the directions on getting it set up (I had to use a knife to pry up the latch to adjust the length). Overall, it's flashy, yet subtle and I feel like I can wear it casually and for more formal events. It's also a great size imo. It seems like the watch trend currently is bigger is better. I find this watch a comfortable size for my small(er) wrist, yet its still significant in size.
on June 15, 2013
The watch is nice because of the easily adjustable band and colors. After a few weeks the black coating on the band began to wear off. I dropped the watch once and the 2 oclock notch fell off, then the watch stopped working all together. The hands freely spun around.
I bought to wear every day, but perhaps it's meant to be worn only occasionally.
on March 7, 2013
I have a fossil watch as well as this one. This watch is extremely comfortable and light weight actually forgot I was wearing it till someone complemented me on it. If you like the looks buy it.
on December 10, 2012
It is very light weight, the band is easy to adjust to the right fit and seems to be a good value. The smaller dials are a little hard to read and it would be nice if it glowed in the dark.
on April 26, 2014
The watch looks good but not that much as I expected for the price. Many other design of Skagen is worth than this one.
Anyway if you like the blue dial, you'll like this.
on February 5, 2014
I bought this watch for Christmas present to my husband. He has not yet wear it for 2 months and the watch just stopped. Very dissapointed with the quality of the watch
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question