Spring Deals Automotive HPC Best Books of the Month New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Fire TV Stick: $29.99. Offer ends 3/26/18 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry SpringEvent_Lawn_and_Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

on May 18, 2014
I like the looks. That is why I bought it but after wearing it occasionally for less than a year, the black titanium band was fading. Contacted Skagen and their response was that I was wearing my watch to often. They said it wasn't meant to be worn on a daily basis. I work in an office not construction or any type of conditions that would abuse the band. I really don't think that one buys a watch just to have it on your night table. Finally had to purchase new band. Fairly expensive. My suggestion is don't buy unless it is for decoration purposes.
on February 26, 2014
Firstly, I want to point out that there is NOTHING WRONG with the watch band clasp, you just have to figure out how to properly use it, because there does not appear to be any diagrams in the tiny manual, and when I called Skagen, they promised to EM me something about that, which I never received. I eventually figured out how to both lock the clasp, and how to readjust how tight it is (after another poster mentioned using a thin screw driver), although it did take some experimentation. In fact, IMHO, the clasp is actually brilliantly designed. I may just post my first Amazon Video on both the wrong way, and the right way how to do that. Oh, and the clasp is made out of black stainless steel, and not titanium, as another reviewer pointed out, which I don't think really matters. The watch is light, thin, and has a very attractive blue face, with a black titanium band and case. It is in fact, rather sexy looking? I only wish, as another poster mentioned, that it has better luminescence in the dark, because it has just about none now. I guess that would put the watch into a higher
price point.
on January 9, 2014
Great if you want a thin, light watch. The color on the face is much more striking in person than in the photos - a great looking watch.

EDIT AFTER 2 MONTHS:I had to edit to remove 2 stars because oaf a problem with the pins that hold on the band. Unlike my other Skagen watch, the way the pins are attached to the band causes the band to jut out from the watch body a little (won't bend around your wrist properly). At first I thought this was a minor cosmetic thing - then the watch fell off after lightly brushing my car seat - one of the pins holding the band had bent in the middle and is ruined. Worse, I easily could have lost the watch if it had not happened in the car. Definitely a design flaw with this model - although it is pretty, I would recommend a different Skagen model.
on March 28, 2013
I decided after 10 years of not wearing a watch that maybe I should start again. So, I bought this one. It is very lightweight. For me it strikes a good balance between classic stylish watches and modern materials and functionality. It is not a traditionalist's timepiece, but it is very good looking and it works for me.
EDIT 11/28/13: The band broke at the watch body after 8 months. As another reviewer said, the clasp design is less than stellar and puts unnecessary tension on the band. I am going to 1) try to re-attach it with JB Weld and 2) Pull two stars off my review. I will point out that while the watch movement is still under warranty, the weak point of the watch (the band) is not warranted by the seller. Made in China, FWIW.
on November 23, 2011
I returned the watch same day i received it. I read the booklet with watch T233XLTMN and the watch was only water resistant and not water proof. Reason I returned the watch was the booklet said that the seals needed to be replaced every two to three years. The watch is nice looking, but two year is not long enough for me. The watch rating is water resistant for washing hands or being in the rain and I need a better engineered watch. I think one star is too much.
77 comments| 3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 28, 2014
I bought this for my boyfriend several years ago. It has held up quite well and still looks very professional. The paint on the chain band and on the clasp has worn off a little bit but the watch face is still in excellent shape. It is very lightweight and easy to put on/take off.
on March 11, 2013
Purchased the Skagen T233XLTMN over 5 years ago and have worn it every day since. Elegant thin case watch with beautiful dark blue dial and very nice black steel strap. I have not been underwater with this watch but I have put my hands in water and never had any trouble with it being "water proof" (i.e. resistant).
The paint of the clasp has finally rubbed off and the strap has a little piece of the mesh broken and catching on clothing so I need a new band.
It is easily as good as my Seiko. Five stars.
on April 20, 2014
Been wearing Skagens for several years with no problems with the bands or otherwise and I tend to beat the hell out of watches. Great looking watch in black with the blue face, looking forward to years of great use.
on April 26, 2014
Skagen have been taken over by Fossil, who refuse to supply a replacement band. Their attitude is "buy a new watch". Shocking!!
on May 10, 2013
I bought this as an everyday watch. Great looking. Comfortable, thin case, and light weight. I've bought Skagen watches before and really like them.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question