Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Skagen Men's T233XLTMN Grenen Titanium Steel Mesh Watch
Celebrity Picks 2016 Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Presto! Laundry Gifts for Him Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services westworld westworld westworld  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now Baby Gift Guide

Showing 1-10 of 75 reviews(verified purchases). Show all reviews
on October 7, 2011
This is a beauty of a watch! The dark black mesh and housing contrast with the beautiful dark blue face.
It is wearable for whatever occasion, be it casual or white tie, it never feels out of place. You WILL have people compliment on it all the time!
I had doubts about the mesh catching arm-hair at first, but having worn it for a few weeks now it has only ever tweaked once, no more than a slight pinch. Toughen up!
The light weight and amazing thinness add to the, dare I say, magical attraction of the watch... You get a kick looking at the time, every single time, and it has so far convinced a few other friends of mine to buy a skagen watch.
And let's face it, for this price, it is amazing! The quality is right up there, the only place that has lost a bit of black paint is the part where the inner clasp snaps in. It is a high friction spot, I expect that to happen.

Conclusion:
You will not regret buying one, and if the black and blue seems too "young" for you, there are many other beautiful skagen models out there that will suit your needs.
on July 19, 2012
No question - it's a good looking watch. And my son had no problems with the watch itself. BUT the pin connecting the band to the watch bent and the watch fell off. The jeweler who installed the new pin says that the watch/band is improperly designed. If it is worn snugly, it puts pressure on the center of the pin (rather than the whole pin) and that causes the pin to bow in the middle causing it to fall out of the connecting holes. I can see the second pin starting to bow.
on April 6, 2013
First the cons (why I didn't give it 5 stars):
-the luminescence is so thin it doesn't last the night.
-deceptive marketing. "Denmark" in bold, mentions that the movement is Japanese, but when you open it up: Made in China.
Pros: I think this is the most beautiful watch I have seen, and it keeps excellent time - off by only about 1-2 seconds after more than a month of use.
I don't have a problem with a watch being made in China, but I think they should own up to it.
btw, the battery is easy to replace and cheap if you do it yourself (#364 or SR621SW) Just pop in a new one and ground it to restart the watch. You'll need some sort of blade to pop off the back of the watch, and be careful, the black is a coating and comes off if scratched hard enough.
I recommend the watch and would buy it again.
on October 18, 2013
Upon opening the box for the first thing I noticed about this watch was how beautiful it is. The pictures do not do it justice. My favorite thing about it is how it goes with nearly anything. It looks perfect with my work (I'm a teacher), church, and formal attire. In my opinion it it a bit to dressy to go with casual jeans and t-shirts but that doesn't stop me because it is also the most comfortable watch I've ever owned. The moveable clasp allows you to perfectly customize the length of the band to fit your wrist exactly how you would like. I set it to fit ever so slightly on the loose side and once I put it on I forget it is even there. It is thin enough that my shirt cuffs fit effortlessly over it and it is lite and breathable so my wrist doesn't sweat. It also never moves. This is the only watch I've ever owned where the face doesn't slide to the underside of my wrist all day. Contrary to what some of the other reviews have said, I have found the clasp to be very secure though I could see how one might clip it around their wrist improperly and have it fall off. The only slightly negative thing I have to say is, like all watches I've owned, the glow in the dark numbers and hands aren't very bright.
on September 30, 2011
This watch is simple and elegant. It's darker than the colors in the picture, completely black, with a very dark blue watch face. The numbers inside all sparkle and glisten perfectly. It's a watch that would go well with anything, and looks very professional. It's slim profile and non-hair-pulling mesh titanium band really sell it.
on July 6, 2011
I love this watch! Like other people who got his watch, I too was afraid that it would plop out of my hand when I would stroll around the neighborhood. On my first day strolling, the clasp popped open. It wasn't until I came home and noticed I wasn't correctly using the clasp. Once I started using the clasp correctly, this watch stayed on tight during a run in the park and during a basketball game. No need to worry as long as you use the clasp correctly.
on December 3, 2011
I had been looking at this watch in several catalogs for months before buying. To me, it encompasses everything I want in an every day watch; incredibly thin and lightweight with a unique design which gives the impression it is much more expensive than it really is. The face is much larger than it appears in the picture which is also a plus. The only negative, and it was temporary, is getting used to the clasp which others have mentioned. However, after a week of strapping it on the muscle memory kicks in as if you had been putting on all of your watches like this.
on February 26, 2014
Firstly, I want to point out that there is NOTHING WRONG with the watch band clasp, you just have to figure out how to properly use it, because there does not appear to be any diagrams in the tiny manual, and when I called Skagen, they promised to EM me something about that, which I never received. I eventually figured out how to both lock the clasp, and how to readjust how tight it is (after another poster mentioned using a thin screw driver), although it did take some experimentation. In fact, IMHO, the clasp is actually brilliantly designed. I may just post my first Amazon Video on both the wrong way, and the right way how to do that. Oh, and the clasp is made out of black stainless steel, and not titanium, as another reviewer pointed out, which I don't think really matters. The watch is light, thin, and has a very attractive blue face, with a black titanium band and case. It is in fact, rather sexy looking? I only wish, as another poster mentioned, that it has better luminescence in the dark, because it has just about none now. I guess that would put the watch into a higher
price point.
on January 9, 2014
Great if you want a thin, light watch. The color on the face is much more striking in person than in the photos - a great looking watch.

EDIT AFTER 2 MONTHS:I had to edit to remove 2 stars because oaf a problem with the pins that hold on the band. Unlike my other Skagen watch, the way the pins are attached to the band causes the band to jut out from the watch body a little (won't bend around your wrist properly). At first I thought this was a minor cosmetic thing - then the watch fell off after lightly brushing my car seat - one of the pins holding the band had bent in the middle and is ruined. Worse, I easily could have lost the watch if it had not happened in the car. Definitely a design flaw with this model - although it is pretty, I would recommend a different Skagen model.
on March 28, 2013
I decided after 10 years of not wearing a watch that maybe I should start again. So, I bought this one. It is very lightweight. For me it strikes a good balance between classic stylish watches and modern materials and functionality. It is not a traditionalist's timepiece, but it is very good looking and it works for me.
-------
EDIT 11/28/13: The band broke at the watch body after 8 months. As another reviewer said, the clasp design is less than stellar and puts unnecessary tension on the band. I am going to 1) try to re-attach it with JB Weld and 2) Pull two stars off my review. I will point out that while the watch movement is still under warranty, the weak point of the watch (the band) is not warranted by the seller. Made in China, FWIW.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question