Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Fall Reading Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 75 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 82 reviews
on October 7, 2011
This is a beauty of a watch! The dark black mesh and housing contrast with the beautiful dark blue face.
It is wearable for whatever occasion, be it casual or white tie, it never feels out of place. You WILL have people compliment on it all the time!
I had doubts about the mesh catching arm-hair at first, but having worn it for a few weeks now it has only ever tweaked once, no more than a slight pinch. Toughen up!
The light weight and amazing thinness add to the, dare I say, magical attraction of the watch... You get a kick looking at the time, every single time, and it has so far convinced a few other friends of mine to buy a skagen watch.
And let's face it, for this price, it is amazing! The quality is right up there, the only place that has lost a bit of black paint is the part where the inner clasp snaps in. It is a high friction spot, I expect that to happen.

Conclusion:
You will not regret buying one, and if the black and blue seems too "young" for you, there are many other beautiful skagen models out there that will suit your needs.
on October 18, 2013
Upon opening the box for the first thing I noticed about this watch was how beautiful it is. The pictures do not do it justice. My favorite thing about it is how it goes with nearly anything. It looks perfect with my work (I'm a teacher), church, and formal attire. In my opinion it it a bit to dressy to go with casual jeans and t-shirts but that doesn't stop me because it is also the most comfortable watch I've ever owned. The moveable clasp allows you to perfectly customize the length of the band to fit your wrist exactly how you would like. I set it to fit ever so slightly on the loose side and once I put it on I forget it is even there. It is thin enough that my shirt cuffs fit effortlessly over it and it is lite and breathable so my wrist doesn't sweat. It also never moves. This is the only watch I've ever owned where the face doesn't slide to the underside of my wrist all day. Contrary to what some of the other reviews have said, I have found the clasp to be very secure though I could see how one might clip it around their wrist improperly and have it fall off. The only slightly negative thing I have to say is, like all watches I've owned, the glow in the dark numbers and hands aren't very bright.
on April 6, 2013
First the cons (why I didn't give it 5 stars):
-the luminescence is so thin it doesn't last the night.
-deceptive marketing. "Denmark" in bold, mentions that the movement is Japanese, but when you open it up: Made in China.
Pros: I think this is the most beautiful watch I have seen, and it keeps excellent time - off by only about 1-2 seconds after more than a month of use.
I don't have a problem with a watch being made in China, but I think they should own up to it.
btw, the battery is easy to replace and cheap if you do it yourself (#364 or SR621SW) Just pop in a new one and ground it to restart the watch. You'll need some sort of blade to pop off the back of the watch, and be careful, the black is a coating and comes off if scratched hard enough.
I recommend the watch and would buy it again.
on July 1, 2014
This 4-Star rating and review is submitted on August 1, 2014, to replace a 1-Star rating and review I posted (and later updated) for this product early in July.

Over the years, I have purchased two other Skagen watches, and had no problem with them. After years of using the first one, I refreshed my watch by purchasing the original model again. Recently, when I decided to replace the second watch after more years, the original model was no longer available and I bought the Skagen Men's T233XLTMN Royal Blue Dial And Black Signature Skagen Band Watch. I had read reviews of several Skagen models (including the earlier one I purchased twice) in which people complained about the crystal cracking or the band/clasp giving problems. I had no such experiences with my earlier Skagens.

However, after two months wearing the current Skagen model, I found that it suddenly developed a top-to-bottom crack in the crystal. I contacted Amazon and the 3rd party supplier (Dexclusive) requesting a replacement, only to be advised that crystals were not covered by Skagen's warranty, but that I could have the crystal replaced for a charge by sending the unit back to Dexclusive. Because I am living in a very small town in Ontario, Canada, until October, I decided that the return shipment and attendant cross-border hassle was not worth it, and that I would just wear the watch with its cracked crystal. I posted a 1-Star review with the suggestion that prospective buyers be aware of the crystal problem I had encountered.

However - a Sales Manager named Jim, in Dexclusive's Sales and Customer Service Department, wrote that he was worried that moisture would get into the watch if I wore it with the cracked-crystal, and that he would really like me to be satisfied by returning the watch to Dexclusive who would try to get an expedited repair from Skagen. He offered to reduce the repair charge and provided clear instructions that the watch should be coded as "For Repair" in mailing documents to minimize my concerns about customs hassles with the cross-border mailing. His interest in getting this $80 watch (original pre-tax price) fixed and back to me promptly is something I have rarely encountered in dealing with companies about defective products.

So, encouraged by Jim, I mailed the watch off to a Miami address for Dexclusive requesting the repair. The watch was received in Miami on July 15 and was back on my wrist in a small Canadian town (via expedited UPS delivery) on July 31, with an intact crystal.

I am astonished by the customer service provided by Dexclusive. It is the main reason I am now submitting a 4-Star review - at least for the moment. I hope that the repaired crystal on this model will be the end of my negative experience with this Skagen model. (I note that when I deleted my earlier 1-Star review, Amazon had posted a notice that this Skagen watch model is "Currently Unavailable. We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock." ) I will post an update if I encounter further problems.
on February 26, 2014
Firstly, I want to point out that there is NOTHING WRONG with the watch band clasp, you just have to figure out how to properly use it, because there does not appear to be any diagrams in the tiny manual, and when I called Skagen, they promised to EM me something about that, which I never received. I eventually figured out how to both lock the clasp, and how to readjust how tight it is (after another poster mentioned using a thin screw driver), although it did take some experimentation. In fact, IMHO, the clasp is actually brilliantly designed. I may just post my first Amazon Video on both the wrong way, and the right way how to do that. Oh, and the clasp is made out of black stainless steel, and not titanium, as another reviewer pointed out, which I don't think really matters. The watch is light, thin, and has a very attractive blue face, with a black titanium band and case. It is in fact, rather sexy looking? I only wish, as another poster mentioned, that it has better luminescence in the dark, because it has just about none now. I guess that would put the watch into a higher
price point.
on May 8, 2014
I have some nerve damage in my arm/hand and I can't wear the large, heavy watches I used to love. I have previously worn Skagen watches and love that they are light, classy, and reliable. The one issue I always had with Skagen watches was that the leather bands eventually wore out and broke. To replace the band, you had to ship the watch all the way back to Denmark! It's easier just to buy a new watch.

Well, this watch with its metal mesh band solves that problem. This watch looks great with a suit or shorts. I also have the silver one that I wear with earthy colored clothing. I've gotten many compliments on the watches.

The band is adjustable - you may have to use a piece of metal (small screw driver or other flat piece) to initially lift the clasp mechanism to slide the locking clasp, but adjusting the watch band is easy. I have it set near the last couple notches on the band but I'm a big guy. I usually wear watch bands on the last notch or two. That said, I don't know if Skagen offers the watch in extended band lengths. If you normally find yourself replacing bands with longer ones, this watch probably won't do for you.

The date window is really small and if your eyesight is poor you will have trouble reading it.

I have only found one fault with the watch - on my silver watch, the case around the face got scratched. I'm not docking any points off my rating because I'm sure it was my fault, however just know that area can scratch and while it's not extremely noticeable/distracting on my silver watch, it definitely would on this black one. There are no worries about the band scratching.
on January 9, 2014
Great if you want a thin, light watch. The color on the face is much more striking in person than in the photos - a great looking watch.

EDIT AFTER 2 MONTHS:I had to edit to remove 2 stars because oaf a problem with the pins that hold on the band. Unlike my other Skagen watch, the way the pins are attached to the band causes the band to jut out from the watch body a little (won't bend around your wrist properly). At first I thought this was a minor cosmetic thing - then the watch fell off after lightly brushing my car seat - one of the pins holding the band had bent in the middle and is ruined. Worse, I easily could have lost the watch if it had not happened in the car. Definitely a design flaw with this model - although it is pretty, I would recommend a different Skagen model.
on March 26, 2014
This watch really looks nice and classy without trying to be bling bling show off magnet.
It goes well with everyday attire as well as business and suits. Especially nice that it is so thin it hides under dress shirts very well.

The only con is, it does not seem to wrap around my wrist perfectly. This is due to the mesh design which makes it impossible for it to properly wrap fully around a persons wrist. I would imagine if you have slightly fatter wrists then it would be no problem.

Also trying to figure out how to adjust the band gave me a headache until I watched a youtube video.

Another tip, you can think you have the clasp properly closed as it can stay intact well enough, but make sure you hear 2 snaps, 1 from one part of the clip and the other upon closing the clasp over the clip.
If you do not hear any snapping sounds, then it is not properly connected and could fall off with a very gently nudge.
on December 18, 2013
This is the fourth watch I've purchased from Amazon and the second Skagen. I've loved them all --- and still have them all --- but I think this one is going to be my daily wearer for a long time. It is gorgeous. Somehow Skagen has devised a technique where the face looks almost like it's backlit. It isn't, it's just the way it reflects the light but it is very attractive. It's nearly weightless and you forget it's even on. I've only had it three days so I can't speak to longevity but the band and case are made of titanium and the crystal is scratch-resistant mineral. I suspect you could run over it with an automobile and not do it any serious harm. If you like big and gaudy and gold this isn't your watch but if you like something that makes a statement without being flashy and something that's comfortable and low/no maintenance you should buy this watch. I am a fan!
on October 17, 2013
I love this watch. I had been eyeing it (or something similar) for a while now but it was always a little to expensive. Found a deal on Amazon for half the price as normal retail so I finally pulled the trigger. It's gorgeous. The black mesh is really stunning especially with the deep blue face. I knew it would be thin/light which I was excited about but I had no idea how thin and light it would be. It's pretty incredible and an nice change of pace from my other bulky watches. I love those too but it's nice to mix it up.

It takes a few minutes to fiddle around with how to size it correctly but once you size it it fits like a dream. Honestly sometimes I forget I have it on because it's almost like a part of your wrist.

If you are looking for a nice dress watch with a gorgeous design and that is thin/light definitely get this watch, you won't be disappointed.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question