Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 219 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 275 reviews
on January 8, 2014
I got this watch for Christmas so this is mostly a first-impressions review.

Pros:
-- Very light weight.
-- Very thin, by far the thinnest watch I have ever had.
-- So far is very accurate.
-- Excellent size for me.
-- Extremely comfortable to wear; the band is great.
-- Design is clear, clean and simple.

Cons:
-- The crystal is actually slightly convex, not flat, and is very reflective of ambient light. This usually makes the watch more difficult to read than I wish.
-- The hands' contrast with the watch face is not nearly as pronounced as the photo on the sale page appears. The hands are much narrower than the photo seems to show. This does not help readability, either.
--The slight depression in the center, wherein are displayed the minutes and 24-hour dial, inexplicably has a reflective edge. Why? Yet another glare coming off the watch.
-- The luminous dial is very weak; forget about reading this watch in the dark. But this is far from the first watch I've had for which that is true.

Some other reviewers have said that the band is tricky to adjust for length. Mine came coincidentally exactly the right length for me so I can't address that.

Overall, a keep, although I wish Skagen had made it much less reflective of ambient light than it is.
on March 28, 2013
I love Skagen watches. I've owned a dozen of them over the past 20 years. They are inexpensive and have never died on me. I replace them only when I've lost them, damaged them through abusive treatment, lost them, wanted a new fashion statement, lost them or cracked a bezel. I've lost a few too. I would give them 5 stars except that they lack a lighted dial/hands feature for viewing in the dark. Oh and did I mention that they are cheap? These watches must be one of the best values in my entire consumer experience these past 20 years. They remain accurate, good looking (super thin) and durable year in and year out. I shower with it on and often forget to take it off while sailing, cooking or gardening. They take all kinds of abuse.
on July 8, 2017
 After a while of wear and mostly my carelessness, the watch strap became warped and kinked. while it was mostly unnoticeable, it was apparent upon close inspection. Got many compliments and gave a few referrals to the amazon link. Overall Amazing quality and cleanliness in design, 6/10 on durability but that should be no concern if you rotate watches reasonably often.
on August 28, 2013
This is a great watch, I had a few doubts when I bought it, but my skepticism was unfounded. Product arrived well protected, well packaged.

This is a really nice watch. It is simple to set the time and the date, and looks nice. I expected the watch to be light, but I can't even feel it on my wrist. This is a nice departure from my last watch, where my left arm muscles are bigger for having worn that watch. This is a very basic watch, all it does is tell time and date, but that is exactly what I wanted.

The band material is nicer than I expected, I imagined simple chain links, but it is a really nice band. It is simple to adjust, all you need is a small screw driver. You just pop the latch, slide it to where you want, and push the latch back down. So much simpler to the old pin system on a metal watch band, where you have to remove links to adjust.

Some other reviews said they had a hard time getting the band to snap together. While it has a slight learning curve, it took me about five minutes to get used to it, and it seems like second nature.

This is a really nice, simple watch. The titanium is so light you won't notice it is there. Give it a try. If you are looking for a simple watch, you won't be disappointed.
on August 13, 2013
This is the first watch I have bought in many many years. The only thing on the market that I saw was attractive for a man and not a watch that you could put on a wall in you house and still read it from 20 feet away. It is fairly light in weight and easy for me to put on and take off. If it kept time more accurately I would have given it another star, but as it is I have to reset it ( but not by much) every month or so. A small price to pay for all the good things about it, including its price.
on March 15, 2017
I ordered this watch for my son's birthday, after he showed so much interest in my other son's Skagen watch. As he hasn't worn a watch in years, I was apprehensive about getting it for him, but he was really geeked about it! He loves how lightweight it is and is looking forward to not having to check time in his cell phone.
on April 30, 2014
Really solid build, and easily adjustable metal strap (just use a pair of scissors). It's definitely thinner than most watches and looks very stylish. Although some have commented on the crystal face breaking, that's only if you damage it head-on. I've had mine for a while, and the face is completely fine. I assume if you drop it on its face, it has a chance of breaking unfortunately. All in all, a great watch for the price (and doesn't snag any of your hairs in the metal strap).
on October 3, 2011
I've been searching for a thin profile watches, both offline and also online mainly for use in official functions and as casual wear. When I looked at this model the first time, I know it would look good on me - and sure it does. This is the first time I had a mesh band watch and enough said that this is the best thing about this watch - apart from its very thin profile. I have no problem in adjusting the band to my wrist size (by using a solid plastic protractor!) and also no problem in wearing long sleeve shirts/suits. Though the fitting is slightly loose on my rather thin wrist, it still holds tightly thanks to its mesh band construction.
The only gripe I had with this model is the date function which is not automatic, i.e it can't differentiate 28/30/31-day month. After the end of a 30-day month, you have to manually wind the crown to reset it to 1, otherwise it'll be 31. I guess this is a problem with most date function in watches at this price range, so I don't have much complain here. I'm just happy that it shows the time perfectly everyday I use. And it does looks good on me, at least that's what I've been told by my colleagues in the office.
Another plus point is the availability of a service center nearby my area. Since I'm living in India, it's good to know that this watch is serviceable within the country, although the brand itself is not very well known in this part of the world. Overall, I'm very pleased with it and will definitely buy another Skagen in the near future.
On another note, I just hope that in future Amazon consider using either DHL or UPS only when delivering products to India since they have their own branches here and do not depend on local agents. Local couriers here had a rather questionable attitude in servicing customers - they had already missed twice the dateline for my deliveries from Amazon in the past year and never send me any apologies or the like. However, the prompt and efficient solution provided by Amazon's customer service saved my trust in making further purchases.
on June 2, 2011
This Skagen 233XLTTM Titanium proves that a well-made piece of fashion statement doesn't have to cost three, four, or even five figures.

The watch is very thin (about 1/4 inch) and the dial is 1 3/8 inches in diameter. The numbers are very legible and the watch has a second hand and a date window. It is very light and wearing it on the wrist is very comfortable.

Adjusting the mesh band to fit your wrist is pretty easy. You just carefully insert a precision flat blade screw driver into the "slot" on the clasp and use the metal pin above the slot as the pivot point and lightly tilt upward to disengage the clasp's grip from the mesh band. You can now move the clasp freely along the mesh band to the desired position for a proper fit. You should position the clasp on one of the indentations on the band for better grip and fit.

The mesh band is very fine (it won't catch hair on your wrist) and there is only so much that it can bend, so do not forcefully bend it more than it can, otherwise you will create a permanent crease on the band that will be very unsightly and could possibly weaken the band itself.

This is a fine dress watch, so you must exercise care when wearing it. Do not treat it like a rugged sports watch and it will give you years of service and gather a lot of compliments from your friends. Only you know that you had spent about $65 for this nice piece of art.
on January 29, 2013
This is, hands down, the most comfortable watch I've ever worn. It's light and smooth and I can even forget I'm wearing one at all but doesn't feel flimsy. It's easy to read and has a professional and casual look to it. Packaging was fantastic as well. A real mark of quality that I just bought something nice. I stopped wearing leather banded watches a while ago because I didnt like that they could get nasty or smell so i've been a metal band guy for a long time. I don't like normal contmeporary watch bands that you can see in department stores or the mall but I didnt want something super avant garde because it can be distracting. for about 7 years I had a nice fossil with a slick, blank, rectangular face and a blue glass cover over a black face. the band was simple steel rectangles but recently someone stepped on it and bent it to hell. one thing I noticed when I saw inside the bent link was that it got very dirty inside. This band is much easier to clean because of its simple design. Perfect score. I think I'd get my next watch from Skagen as well.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.