Truck Reviews Beauty Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on January 8, 2014
I got this watch for Christmas so this is mostly a first-impressions review.

Pros:
-- Very light weight.
-- Very thin, by far the thinnest watch I have ever had.
-- So far is very accurate.
-- Excellent size for me.
-- Extremely comfortable to wear; the band is great.
-- Design is clear, clean and simple.

Cons:
-- The crystal is actually slightly convex, not flat, and is very reflective of ambient light. This usually makes the watch more difficult to read than I wish.
-- The hands' contrast with the watch face is not nearly as pronounced as the photo on the sale page appears. The hands are much narrower than the photo seems to show. This does not help readability, either.
--The slight depression in the center, wherein are displayed the minutes and 24-hour dial, inexplicably has a reflective edge. Why? Yet another glare coming off the watch.
-- The luminous dial is very weak; forget about reading this watch in the dark. But this is far from the first watch I've had for which that is true.

Some other reviewers have said that the band is tricky to adjust for length. Mine came coincidentally exactly the right length for me so I can't address that.

Overall, a keep, although I wish Skagen had made it much less reflective of ambient light than it is.
4 people found this helpful
on July 8, 2017
 After a while of wear and mostly my carelessness, the watch strap became warped and kinked. while it was mostly unnoticeable, it was apparent upon close inspection. Got many compliments and gave a few referrals to the amazon link. Overall Amazing quality and cleanliness in design, 6/10 on durability but that should be no concern if you rotate watches reasonably often.
on August 28, 2013
This is a great watch, I had a few doubts when I bought it, but my skepticism was unfounded. Product arrived well protected, well packaged.

This is a really nice watch. It is simple to set the time and the date, and looks nice. I expected the watch to be light, but I can't even feel it on my wrist. This is a nice departure from my last watch, where my left arm muscles are bigger for having worn that watch. This is a very basic watch, all it does is tell time and date, but that is exactly what I wanted.

The band material is nicer than I expected, I imagined simple chain links, but it is a really nice band. It is simple to adjust, all you need is a small screw driver. You just pop the latch, slide it to where you want, and push the latch back down. So much simpler to the old pin system on a metal watch band, where you have to remove links to adjust.

Some other reviews said they had a hard time getting the band to snap together. While it has a slight learning curve, it took me about five minutes to get used to it, and it seems like second nature.

This is a really nice, simple watch. The titanium is so light you won't notice it is there. Give it a try. If you are looking for a simple watch, you won't be disappointed.
on June 2, 2011
This Skagen 233XLTTM Titanium proves that a well-made piece of fashion statement doesn't have to cost three, four, or even five figures.

The watch is very thin (about 1/4 inch) and the dial is 1 3/8 inches in diameter. The numbers are very legible and the watch has a second hand and a date window. It is very light and wearing it on the wrist is very comfortable.

Adjusting the mesh band to fit your wrist is pretty easy. You just carefully insert a precision flat blade screw driver into the "slot" on the clasp and use the metal pin above the slot as the pivot point and lightly tilt upward to disengage the clasp's grip from the mesh band. You can now move the clasp freely along the mesh band to the desired position for a proper fit. You should position the clasp on one of the indentations on the band for better grip and fit.

The mesh band is very fine (it won't catch hair on your wrist) and there is only so much that it can bend, so do not forcefully bend it more than it can, otherwise you will create a permanent crease on the band that will be very unsightly and could possibly weaken the band itself.

This is a fine dress watch, so you must exercise care when wearing it. Do not treat it like a rugged sports watch and it will give you years of service and gather a lot of compliments from your friends. Only you know that you had spent about $65 for this nice piece of art.
on December 31, 2012
I was looking for simple dress watch that wouldn't break the budget.
This one fits the bill.
The watch itself is nice, band was a bit of a problem for me.
First of all, it's huge. I am normal build guy, still there were 2 inches of band left after I have adjusted it to my hand.
So, the boys with enormous hands, it will fit you, no problems.
Second, the band doesn't bend where it' attached to the case due to the way it's fixed there.
So the band kind of continues on and then wraps around your hand, leaving huge gaps between hand and the band on both sides of the watch. Looks like watch with wings.
Hope it makes sense. Photo would probably explain it better. I have almost send it back because of that.
But decided...ah..all right, it's better than wearing hiking watch to the meetings with guys in suits.
2 people found this helpful
on March 28, 2013
I love Skagen watches. I've owned a dozen of them over the past 20 years. They are inexpensive and have never died on me. I replace them only when I've lost them, damaged them through abusive treatment, lost them, wanted a new fashion statement, lost them or cracked a bezel. I've lost a few too. I would give them 5 stars except that they lack a lighted dial/hands feature for viewing in the dark. Oh and did I mention that they are cheap? These watches must be one of the best values in my entire consumer experience these past 20 years. They remain accurate, good looking (super thin) and durable year in and year out. I shower with it on and often forget to take it off while sailing, cooking or gardening. They take all kinds of abuse.
2 people found this helpful
on December 12, 2017
Bought this as a replacement for husband's other Skagen watch with the same mesh type band.The mesh is very light weight and flexible for a great fit. This watch is really class and looks great. Skagen are quality watches so you really can't go wrong. My husband will only wear these watches because he loves the mesh band so much.
on April 30, 2014
Really solid build, and easily adjustable metal strap (just use a pair of scissors). It's definitely thinner than most watches and looks very stylish. Although some have commented on the crystal face breaking, that's only if you damage it head-on. I've had mine for a while, and the face is completely fine. I assume if you drop it on its face, it has a chance of breaking unfortunately. All in all, a great watch for the price (and doesn't snag any of your hairs in the metal strap).
3 people found this helpful
on October 8, 2012
Watch looks great, keeps perfect time and is very water resistant. After purchasing about five of these Skagen watches, my main complaint is the cool looking stainless steel mesh bands are damaged very easily, which is why I gave it four stars. If you wear it at all during the week, eventually you'll snag it and one of the tiny wires will break. At that point it sticks out and snags everything it comes in contact with. Replacement bands are expensive. It's happened to every one of mine. I now wear a Skagen with traditional metal band with links and have had no problems. Second complaint is the bezel on the bigger ones is prone to cracking a little more easily than other watches I've owned, although the one I'm wearing now I've had on for at least 2-3 years and it's still unbroken, just scratched. The two steel mesh watches stay in my drawer and have dead batteries.
on October 16, 2012
I was looking for a titanium watch with a clean design and a 24 hour face. The Skagen Titanium Watch was more than expected. The case appears to be titanium, but the band may not be (Possibly stainless steel). The coloration of the band and watch match perfectly. It has the appearance of a much, much, more expensive watch. It has very well detailed watch face and a slight small window for the date. The color tone of the watch differs slightly from the image on the Amazon web page. The image on the web site makes it look silver in tone where it actually has a more classy titanium tone to it. The time ihas been kept perfectly for the two weeks as referenced from the U.S. Official Time website. The watch is comfortable to wear. I am very pleased overall.
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.