Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Skagen Watches, Men's Titanium 233XLTTM Grey Mesh Titanium Watch
Celebrity Picks 2016 Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Presto! Laundry Gifts for Him Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services westworld westworld westworld  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now

Showing 1-10 of 197 reviews(verified purchases). Show all reviews
on February 8, 2007
This watch is quite nice and makes a fashion statement on any arm. However, the band leaves a little bit to be desired. While it is an attractive band, it is not as functional as expected. It does not wrap around the arm securely without turning a bit sideways and showing a bit of the end of the band. While this is not a severe problem, it is not 100% acceptable.
on January 1, 2012
Just got mine a couple of days ago. Excellent watch, exquisite design, light and comfortable on my wrist. Ordered at amazon.com. Can't beat their $61 price. The black mesh band version of exactly the same watch is $130 on amazon, so if you're into black, the color itself will cost you almost $70.

This watch actually has not one but two locking elements, two locks, in fact, so it's extremely difficult to lose it if both locks are properly closed. Reviewers who complain about the clasp being undone and potentially losing the watch need to take a closer look at the tiny metal rod that the first latch hooks on. After you hook the double hinge part onto the rod, press on the first buckle until you hear a click. Then pull over the second, smaller buckle over the first buckle and press on it until you hear it click, too. If your second buckle is locked onto the mesh band when the band is open, you won't be able to lock the watch properly (that's why some people lost their watches). First, unlock the first buckle, and then proceed as indicated.
on May 2, 2007
This is a very classy watch. Thin and streamlined it cuts a nice line. The crystal fits the body flush which makes for a clean line but because it is flat it reflects any light making the time hard to read and distracting. There is no backlight so this watch is very hard to read at night but it looks so good you don't mind.

All in all it is a great watch, very sleek, quiet and the band is very nice. Highly recommend it.
on May 5, 2011
I am not a fan of those large oversize watches that seem so popular today. I like this Skagen (model 233XLTTM) because is thin and the face is large enough to read easily. This is my second Skagen. I have and identical version that is about 6 years old. I love the metal mesh band although I had to replace it twice on my pervious watch. But the band is readily available from Skagen customer service via mail order for a reasonable price (<$20).
I am rough on watches and the previous one still works. I scratched the crystal badly over the years and it turns out that this great Amazon price convinced me to buy a new watch rather than get the crystal replaced.
on September 6, 2013
I admire this watch so much that I felt compelled to write a review (my first on Amazon). That is how much I love this watch. Nice and lightweight. Classy and understated, not overly bold like some behemoths out there nowadays. You exude a quiet confidence when wearing it, and the best part is you don't looked weighed down by it.

I'm not a watch aficionado nor have I done extensive research and wear testing, but I imagine that unless you shell out bank for what I consider upper tier watches (Tag, Breitling, Omega, etc), then those gigantic watches are going to be heavy. I wanted something affordable and Skagen brand came highly recommended from a coworker. I'm glad I went with it. The clasp is kind of annoying to operate, but not enough to dock it a star. It is annoying because (for me) I have to brace the watch against my body, and I run the risk of dropping it so I have to be cognizant to do it over a soft(er) surface. It behaves much like a leather band, but requires more finesse because there aren't any holes to catch. The watch however, stays secure, does not rub against my wrist, and it has no sharp edges. I've been wearing it for only two days now, so I don't know how well it'll keep time.

When I received it, the watch was already active. I don't know if that is typical of brand new Skagen watches. It still had the plastic static-cling surface guard though, and the crystal and rear case weren't scratched, which leads me to believe that this watch is brand new.
on January 8, 2014
I got this watch for Christmas so this is mostly a first-impressions review.

Pros:
-- Very light weight.
-- Very thin, by far the thinnest watch I have ever had.
-- So far is very accurate.
-- Excellent size for me.
-- Extremely comfortable to wear; the band is great.
-- Design is clear, clean and simple.

Cons:
-- The crystal is actually slightly convex, not flat, and is very reflective of ambient light. This usually makes the watch more difficult to read than I wish.
-- The hands' contrast with the watch face is not nearly as pronounced as the photo on the sale page appears. The hands are much narrower than the photo seems to show. This does not help readability, either.
--The slight depression in the center, wherein are displayed the minutes and 24-hour dial, inexplicably has a reflective edge. Why? Yet another glare coming off the watch.
-- The luminous dial is very weak; forget about reading this watch in the dark. But this is far from the first watch I've had for which that is true.

Some other reviewers have said that the band is tricky to adjust for length. Mine came coincidentally exactly the right length for me so I can't address that.

Overall, a keep, although I wish Skagen had made it much less reflective of ambient light than it is.
on December 19, 2013
These watches speak for themselves, I think; I've owned several over the past 15 years and I love them dearly. Just look at it... it's classic and contemporary at the same time... it's sleek, unbelievable thin, so light you forget it's there (I can only speak for the titanium models, though... the stainless ones would weigh a touch more, I would expect), and it looks classy as all hell. The titanium mesh band is super comfortable, basically indestructible, and (other than Velcro) the easiest band in the world to adjust. Just flip up a pressure clamp, slide the clasp up or down the band, flip the pressure clamp shut. Done. You'll need a small flathead screwdriver or some other kind of small prying instrument to flip up the pressure clamp, but that's it.

In 15+ years of owning these watches, the only service I've *ever* needed to perform is changing the battery, and even that is easy - again, you just need a really small prying instrument to pop off the back cover. No special weird little wrenches or anything like that. Pop the thing off, swap the battery, snap it back on. Done.

Flawless timekeeping, utter reliability, outstanding price. Any guy should have one of these for those occasions that it matters to look genuinely good (not just faking it).
on August 28, 2013
This is a great watch, I had a few doubts when I bought it, but my skepticism was unfounded. Product arrived well protected, well packaged.

This is a really nice watch. It is simple to set the time and the date, and looks nice. I expected the watch to be light, but I can't even feel it on my wrist. This is a nice departure from my last watch, where my left arm muscles are bigger for having worn that watch. This is a very basic watch, all it does is tell time and date, but that is exactly what I wanted.

The band material is nicer than I expected, I imagined simple chain links, but it is a really nice band. It is simple to adjust, all you need is a small screw driver. You just pop the latch, slide it to where you want, and push the latch back down. So much simpler to the old pin system on a metal watch band, where you have to remove links to adjust.

Some other reviews said they had a hard time getting the band to snap together. While it has a slight learning curve, it took me about five minutes to get used to it, and it seems like second nature.

This is a really nice, simple watch. The titanium is so light you won't notice it is there. Give it a try. If you are looking for a simple watch, you won't be disappointed.
on August 4, 2008
I bought this watch as a gift for my fiance' who has skin allergies because it is advertised as all titanium. After wearing his new watch his wrist began to break out around the area where the clasp touches his skin. Apparently, the watch and band are titanium, but they make the clasp with stainless steel (which he is allergic to). Very disappointing.
on December 28, 2011
This is a good overall watch as long as you are careful when wearing it.

Pro's:
- lightweight
- small, low profile
- easily adjustable band
- keeps good time

Con's:
- both the face and band scratch if you look harshly at them
- band locking mechanism can be annoying.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.