Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 106 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 129 reviews
on August 28, 2012
I've had this watch for about two years, and I'm happy with it. I wear this watch to work on most days, and sometimes on the weekend. It looks nice with casual and business-casual work clothes. It's very comfortable to wear, as it's not heavy and the band is flexible. The band also doesn't catch in my arm hairs, like some other metal-banded watched. Unlike others' complaints, mine keeps time well and I've never had the clasp pop open.

I gave it 4 stars for two reasons: 1. The metal area around the watch face picked up light scratches pretty quickly, and 2. today I bumped my wrist against something, and it snagged the band and ripped some of the mesh. It looks like this is a difficult part to find a replacement for, unlike many other watch straps, so I'll have to send it through Skagen's repair center to be fixed.
on November 17, 2013
Nice quality watch. Very comfortable, durable, sits very close to the body, washes very well.
The only downfall is that lots of older aged ladies like it and my wife is in her 30's and that gets on her nerves :)
Overall it's perfect for her line of work in the medical world.

UPDATE _____
So my the battery seemed to die after having the watch for about 5 months (!!!!) which was pretty aggravating to begin with on such a seemingly high quality item.
Took it to a jeweler and Skagen dealer who replaced it for a small fee. Now, the watch doesn't keep proper time. Not even close.
Skagen has a warranty policy but they require you to ship them the watch along with your credit card. They get to decide what to do with both and you get to wait with baited breath to see what happens.
Why would I do such a thing for a $100 item? Crazy sauce!
Buying a new watch and tossing this piece of junk.
Wouldn't recommend the brand or this model.
on August 12, 2013
it is not what I expected from a Skagen. The casing is very thick and looks like a cheap imitation. Not to mention the watch arrived with a broken stem so I can't set the time. It was a real disappointment, and I intend of course to return it for a FULL REFUND.
The reason I wanted to purchase another Skagen watch when my band broke on my other watch, is that I liked the look. My previous Skagen watch works fine, except for the broken band. Unfortunately, I was told by several jewelers whom I asked about fixing the watch that it would cost me about the price of a new one to fix the old b/c Skagen sold the company and the new owners have TERRIBLE customer service.

In short, this watch is not what I had hoped for. There is nothing unique or interesting about it. The key feature, for me, that commends the Skagen brand is its thin, sleek casing. Clearly that is no longer the case, at least not with this particular model. Not sure if they no longer manufacture that line anymore. But absent the sleek look, I will select another brand and one that I know I can service without hassle. I was willing to take the risk with Skagen, but now after seeing the watch I don't want to go this route and will select another brand that appeals to me, and one whose manufacturer stands 100% behind their brand and their product. Very disappointed
on July 15, 2014
I purchased this watch in December 2012 for myself as a Christmas present. I needed a silver watch to match other silver jewelry and this one was very pretty. I'd heard that the Skagen brand was very dependable, but I have found this to not be the case. The watch was only used one time , this year in fact. I had a new battery installed and it ran for about 2 hours. I found that if I continued to shake it, it would run but as soon as I stopped it stopped after about 30 minutes. The jewelry repair rep had me bring it back to see if the connections were meeting and they were. The screw to wound the watch is so tiny I could barely grasp it. Imagine trying to keep it set...smh! The clasp is difficult to latch but that wouldn't be a problem if there weren't so many other problems. The watch is a waste of money and I will never buy another one.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 14, 2014
I purchased this becuase I really liked the adjustable band, the relative thinness, and the style.

I did so in spite of a few negative reviews that mentioned a bad clasp. I adjusted the wristband and was very pleased with the fit- however I walked outside and it fell off while I took off a bag from around my arm. I then realized that I (and I expect other users) had not properly fastened on the part of the clasp that holds the clasp fixed (ir there are 2 ways that you can put on the clasp- one that works well and one that doesn't).

When properly placed, the clasp works well. Unfortunately- a marked the face on the watch on its crash.... But I still like the watch alot.
on January 8, 2014
I love Skagen watches and have one that is still going strong after almost 20 years. I wanted a new watch and this one was perfect for my requirements. The latch is great and I have never had any Skagen watch fall off if I closed it correctly. I discussed the battery usage issue with my jeweler and he says batteries are not made to last as long as they used to.

My only complaint with this watch is the stem is smooth and that makes it difficult to change the time. I have to use a quilting needle grabber to hold stem when I turn it.

I will buy another Skagen, but I will look very closely at the picture to see what the stem looks like.
on March 13, 2014
I purchased the Skagen women's watch and loved it. It was attractive looking and kept perfect time. Everything was fine until I had to replace the battery. It started out easily enough, with my purchase of a new battery for a mere $1.28. The kicker came when I tried to re-attach the back cover. It was virtually impossible to snap it back on. After doing some research online, I found that most people had the same problem. The only solution was to either go to a jewelry repair and pay who knows what or to buy a commercial press at a cost of about $15.00. How reasonable is it to buy a $60 watch and pay almost a third of the cost just to secure the cover on the watch. If I had known that beforehand, I never would have made the purchase. How disappointing!
on December 18, 2012
Skagen will get you so many compliments and again Amazon Prime came
through and got My wife's watch to the house in 2 days!!! This is the 5 or
6th Skagen watch my family has owned between my wife , kids and myself.
You cant beat the design and the price. However I have found the price sometimes
reflects that the watch my have went unsold for a few years and then discounted,,,
Almost all of the skagens bought from amazon need the battery replaced within a
year...Hint,,, It is alot easier to take it to a jeweler to have the battery replaced as i have
ruined a 80$ watch just trying to replace the battery,,,Skagen,,, Awesome,,
on October 15, 2014
I bought this for my wife because of the nice design and Skagen's good reputation. Unfortunately, it has not kept accurate time since we got it and now it runs for a while before stopping completely. We've had two new batteries installed but no luck. Skagen seems to have cheapened their product if this is any example.

Update: Kudos to the seller (Awatch4everyone) for excellent customer service. I returned the watch and they promplty replaced it with a new one. Hopefully this one will be better than the one it replaced. Thanks!
on August 1, 2013
The watch is beautiful! Unfortunately, the one I received had a malfunctioning knob for adjusting the time. I didn't mind that because things happen. But, trying to return the watch was a bothersome experience. The need for pre-authorization and numerous reminders that the buyer is responsible for shipping and that the return may not be accepted for the reason stated really irked me. I had trouble getting through on the seller's website and had to go through Amazon. Lastly, I requested a replacement watch and instead got a refund (with no notification, which caused me to have to contact them again). Buy this watch! But not from JomaShop.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.