Spring Deals Automotive HPC Best Books of the Month New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment. Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now TG18SW_gno

on November 17, 2013
Nice quality watch. Very comfortable, durable, sits very close to the body, washes very well.
The only downfall is that lots of older aged ladies like it and my wife is in her 30's and that gets on her nerves :)
Overall it's perfect for her line of work in the medical world.

UPDATE _____
So my the battery seemed to die after having the watch for about 5 months (!!!!) which was pretty aggravating to begin with on such a seemingly high quality item.
Took it to a jeweler and Skagen dealer who replaced it for a small fee. Now, the watch doesn't keep proper time. Not even close.
Skagen has a warranty policy but they require you to ship them the watch along with your credit card. They get to decide what to do with both and you get to wait with baited breath to see what happens.
Why would I do such a thing for a $100 item? Crazy sauce!
Buying a new watch and tossing this piece of junk.
Wouldn't recommend the brand or this model.
on July 15, 2014
I purchased this watch in December 2012 for myself as a Christmas present. I needed a silver watch to match other silver jewelry and this one was very pretty. I'd heard that the Skagen brand was very dependable, but I have found this to not be the case. The watch was only used one time , this year in fact. I had a new battery installed and it ran for about 2 hours. I found that if I continued to shake it, it would run but as soon as I stopped it stopped after about 30 minutes. The jewelry repair rep had me bring it back to see if the connections were meeting and they were. The screw to wound the watch is so tiny I could barely grasp it. Imagine trying to keep it set...smh! The clasp is difficult to latch but that wouldn't be a problem if there weren't so many other problems. The watch is a waste of money and I will never buy another one.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 28, 2012
I've had this watch for about two years, and I'm happy with it. I wear this watch to work on most days, and sometimes on the weekend. It looks nice with casual and business-casual work clothes. It's very comfortable to wear, as it's not heavy and the band is flexible. The band also doesn't catch in my arm hairs, like some other metal-banded watched. Unlike others' complaints, mine keeps time well and I've never had the clasp pop open.

I gave it 4 stars for two reasons: 1. The metal area around the watch face picked up light scratches pretty quickly, and 2. today I bumped my wrist against something, and it snagged the band and ripped some of the mesh. It looks like this is a difficult part to find a replacement for, unlike many other watch straps, so I'll have to send it through Skagen's repair center to be fixed.
on March 13, 2014
I purchased the Skagen women's watch and loved it. It was attractive looking and kept perfect time. Everything was fine until I had to replace the battery. It started out easily enough, with my purchase of a new battery for a mere $1.28. The kicker came when I tried to re-attach the back cover. It was virtually impossible to snap it back on. After doing some research online, I found that most people had the same problem. The only solution was to either go to a jewelry repair and pay who knows what or to buy a commercial press at a cost of about $15.00. How reasonable is it to buy a $60 watch and pay almost a third of the cost just to secure the cover on the watch. If I had known that beforehand, I never would have made the purchase. How disappointing!
on February 8, 2009
I received this watch this week and I am really enjoying it. I hope to get good use out of it. It took a little while to set the time and adjust the band, but once I saw how to put it on, I found it very easy to put on and take off. It seems to be secure on my wrist. I'm petite with a small wrist - the size of the face is great for me. The band, once adjusted, looks very nice on my wrist - the tucked-under portion of unused band doesn't give the watch a bulky look. This is the first watch I've had in a white metal and with a second hand, and I'm enjoying both features. Also nice to have indicators for each position on the watch face, since a lot of women's watches do not. I haven't owned it for a long time, but, with that in mind, I would highly recommend it.
on December 30, 2010
Bought this as a Christmas gift for my sister in law. Order arrive within 5 days. Watch is even more beautiful in person. Very elegant and weightless. Perfect for small wrist. Easy to tell time at a quick glance. This is my 2nd watch order from Amazon. Both are half the price of exact items from Macys. The watch is water resistant 3atm but does not mean you can submerge it under water. Check out those "water resistant" definitions on Skagen website ( [...]). Watch can scratch pretty easily but so does my expensive Gucci watch. You just have to be careful with those dress watches. I also own a Skagen (different model) and like it more than my Gucci. Skagen is now my favorite brand. Beatiful watches and good price. Will be ordering from Amazon again and would recommend this to a friend.
on August 12, 2013
it is not what I expected from a Skagen. The casing is very thick and looks like a cheap imitation. Not to mention the watch arrived with a broken stem so I can't set the time. It was a real disappointment, and I intend of course to return it for a FULL REFUND.
The reason I wanted to purchase another Skagen watch when my band broke on my other watch, is that I liked the look. My previous Skagen watch works fine, except for the broken band. Unfortunately, I was told by several jewelers whom I asked about fixing the watch that it would cost me about the price of a new one to fix the old b/c Skagen sold the company and the new owners have TERRIBLE customer service.

In short, this watch is not what I had hoped for. There is nothing unique or interesting about it. The key feature, for me, that commends the Skagen brand is its thin, sleek casing. Clearly that is no longer the case, at least not with this particular model. Not sure if they no longer manufacture that line anymore. But absent the sleek look, I will select another brand and one that I know I can service without hassle. I was willing to take the risk with Skagen, but now after seeing the watch I don't want to go this route and will select another brand that appeals to me, and one whose manufacturer stands 100% behind their brand and their product. Very disappointed
on April 14, 2014
I purchased this becuase I really liked the adjustable band, the relative thinness, and the style.

I did so in spite of a few negative reviews that mentioned a bad clasp. I adjusted the wristband and was very pleased with the fit- however I walked outside and it fell off while I took off a bag from around my arm. I then realized that I (and I expect other users) had not properly fastened on the part of the clasp that holds the clasp fixed (ir there are 2 ways that you can put on the clasp- one that works well and one that doesn't).

When properly placed, the clasp works well. Unfortunately- a marked the face on the watch on its crash.... But I still like the watch alot.
on December 18, 2012
Skagen will get you so many compliments and again Amazon Prime came
through and got My wife's watch to the house in 2 days!!! This is the 5 or
6th Skagen watch my family has owned between my wife , kids and myself.
You cant beat the design and the price. However I have found the price sometimes
reflects that the watch my have went unsold for a few years and then discounted,,,
Almost all of the skagens bought from amazon need the battery replaced within a
year...Hint,,, It is alot easier to take it to a jeweler to have the battery replaced as i have
ruined a 80$ watch just trying to replace the battery,,,Skagen,,, Awesome,,
on April 1, 2013
I borrowed this watch with a gold face from a friend while my Rolex is being repaired. She needed it back before my watch was ready, so I bought this one to have as a back up. It is very classy, and super comfortable. I have gotten several compliments. Just be careful to be sure the clasp is done right!! It is easy to not get the first part just right, and then the second part will click in place, but not be secure.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.