Industrial Deals Rebound Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon howardsend howardsend howardsend  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on July 2, 2013
I love Skagen watches, our family have 5 of them but our most recent watches (purchased in the last 12 months) have shown signs of inferior made in China (which they are) quality.

The look is fantastic and elegant and the strap comfortable and unique. Kept great time and worked great for 3 months until I brought it into contact with water for the first time. Was just soaked in a rainstorm (watch was never submerged at all) and the next day I find condensation on the inside of the watch glass so bad that I could not read the face. It's not an expensive watch but I do expect it to be water resistant which at 3 ATM which is what it says on the case, I should not encounter something like this which renders the watch useless. Will update you on their warranty service but 5-8 weeks is just a pain.

UPDATE - Sent the watch in for warranty and got back a brand new one. Good warranty service and only took 2 weeks.
on September 26, 2010
First, this is my third Skaagen watch. I lost the other two at the beach. I always get replacements because these watches are really comfortable and flat. The bands, with the fine steel mesh, are extremely light and comfortable. They never pinch or smell funny in the heat like some leather bands do.

I got this particular watch as a change from the other two I lost because I particularly like the mother of pearl watch face. It is on two levels - the center is slightly recessed from the edges. It is so subtle against the silver face.

One thing to note on most of these watches. Few of them have a second hand. This one has neither a second hand nor a date. I like the lack of a second hand because my eye is never tricked into seeing the wrong time. You may not however.

All in all, the watch is extremely attractive, easy to read, and very comfortable. I love it as much as my other 2.
on December 31, 2012
This watch is exactly what I wanted! The last time I wear a legit watch was maybe 10 years ago. I hate watches because I think they are tacky. However, I think I've been poor on my time management. I'm going to graduate school in a month and I really need to use my time smartly. So I need a wrist watch! I need my watch to be as minimal as possible and has to have a mother of pearl dial (Yes. That's how particular I am!). So this is it! It looks much more expensive in person. And the hands are moving! Yeah! My last Fossil watch did not move when I got it :( And I'm not gonna take it off. It's probably the most minimal design I've ever seen. The watch is very thin and light weight. The dial is beautiful. And it's very easy to adjust the clasp to the right position that suits my wrist. My only complaint is that it'd be nicer if there's a seconds hand so I can stare at it as it moves when my mind slips, just kidding. All in all, I love it!
on August 4, 2012
I bought this for my wife as an anniversary present for our 11th anniversary (Traditionally-steel). It has a sleek and elegant design butthe picture doesn't do it justice, the stainless steel is highly polished and the mother of pearl face gives off beautiful colors in changing lighting.

The band is comfortable, easily adjusted and the clasp is very sturdy, I own a few Skagen's (3) and besides a couple of batteries they have never given me a problem

Watch has a light thin design and the face is about the size of a nickel.
on November 23, 2011
I am not a watch-wearer. I stay away from most jewelry. However, the annoyance of carrying my phone everywhere so as to know what the time is finally got to me and I ordered this watch. I love it. It is incredibly easy to put on and to adjust (who knew the size of a person's wrist could fluctuate so much?). The mesh band is unique and feels smooth on my wrist. The face is very flat. The face does have a subtle mother-of-pearl thing going on, where it is slightly iridescent in the light, that I didn't see in the picture. Overall, this watch is a great value.
on January 13, 2013
Saw this advertized as a daily deal and couldn't believe the price... A Skagen for under $40? Too good to be true. Must be some flaw in the design and they want to get rid of them.. NOT SO. This watch is beautiful. The packaging would make a graphic design major weep (sleek. professional. wrapped around a little skagen pillow in a box). I have a tiny wrist- I mean tiny as in like a tweenager and it fits great. No links to remove. Very comfortable. The bargin of my holiday shopping.
on November 25, 2011
This was my first watch and until this one, I always thought that watches weren't "for me." I thought that they would feel tight on my wrist, or be uncomfortable if they got wet; I thought that they were all bulky and cumbersome.

This watch is perfect for everyday wear. I bought a very pretty, but big, Invicta watch and stopped wearing it after a couple weeks because I couldn't get used to it. Then I tried again and bought this one, and I haven't taken it off. It's thin and doesn't catch on anything. The mesh band is very easy to adjust to a perfect fit, even with my small wrists. The dial is easy to read at a glance, and it's low-key enough to be worn with bracelets and rings. I've had it for about four months and I feel naked without it. I've never showered with it on, but I don't worry about washing my hands or washing dishes with it, and I haven't had any problems.

If you are thinking of getting a watch for yourself or someone else who doesn't really wear watches, get this one. You won't be disappointed.

Update: I've now had it for a year with no problems what-so-ever.
on June 12, 2011
Many have complained about the clasp on Skagen watches. This video illustrates a helpful way to secure the clasp in order to prevent accidentally dropping the watch due to insufficiently closing the clasp.

Just sing, "Hook, snap, and snap" each time you put on your Skagen watch. That is, first attach the hook end of the clasp to the other end which has the horizontal pin (the pin at the bottom part), then snap, fold down and close the clasp, and then snap a second time. Once you have performed "hook, snap, and snap" successfully, your clasp is now sufficiently secure.

Hope this helps! :)
on April 4, 2011
This is a wonderful watch, really pretty and very comfortable. It's much prettier when you see in real life.

Now, about the clasp: Once you get the clasp on correctly, it's fine. Just be careful when you put it on, and do follow the instructions *very* carefully. The trick is in matching the clasp placement with the correct groove on the other side of the band. If it's not placed in a groove correctly, it won't be secure. You must also remember to shut the two clasps in the correct order, that is, the lower one first then the second one. If you find that the clasp pops open, you can take it to a jeweler and have them adjust it. It's annoying I know, but it's worth it. I wound up taking mine to Macy's for an adjustment, which cost about $10, and it's been fine ever since.
on May 10, 2014
I have been looking for a stainless steel watch, with no gold tones, with a round easy to see face, that is white, not black. Until I found this one, the only one I had seen with my desires was over $2000. I love this watch! The band is comfortable and was easy to adjust to my wrist. The face is very attractive. The numbers on the mother-of-pearl time are easy to see. I have received many compliments on this watch, and when I tell people what I paid, they are very surprised. The only other thing I should mention is that, so far, it has kept very good time.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question