BCA Month Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on July 2, 2013
I love Skagen watches, our family have 5 of them but our most recent watches (purchased in the last 12 months) have shown signs of inferior made in China (which they are) quality.

The look is fantastic and elegant and the strap comfortable and unique. Kept great time and worked great for 3 months until I brought it into contact with water for the first time. Was just soaked in a rainstorm (watch was never submerged at all) and the next day I find condensation on the inside of the watch glass so bad that I could not read the face. It's not an expensive watch but I do expect it to be water resistant which at 3 ATM which is what it says on the case, I should not encounter something like this which renders the watch useless. Will update you on their warranty service but 5-8 weeks is just a pain.

UPDATE - Sent the watch in for warranty and got back a brand new one. Good warranty service and only took 2 weeks.
on January 26, 2013
Bought this watch in December 2011 and its still going strong. I use it every day for work, school, errands. It has a hairline crack on the glass probably got hit on work, but it seems to be internal as the surface is still smooth when I pass my finger. Love that the band can adjust. I have relative large wrists, so that feature came in handy. The three clip feature keeps it secure on your wrist so the chances of it falling off are slim.
Highly recommended watch.
on November 25, 2011
This was my first watch and until this one, I always thought that watches weren't "for me." I thought that they would feel tight on my wrist, or be uncomfortable if they got wet; I thought that they were all bulky and cumbersome.

This watch is perfect for everyday wear. I bought a very pretty, but big, Invicta watch and stopped wearing it after a couple weeks because I couldn't get used to it. Then I tried again and bought this one, and I haven't taken it off. It's thin and doesn't catch on anything. The mesh band is very easy to adjust to a perfect fit, even with my small wrists. The dial is easy to read at a glance, and it's low-key enough to be worn with bracelets and rings. I've had it for about four months and I feel naked without it. I've never showered with it on, but I don't worry about washing my hands or washing dishes with it, and I haven't had any problems.

If you are thinking of getting a watch for yourself or someone else who doesn't really wear watches, get this one. You won't be disappointed.

Update: I've now had it for a year with no problems what-so-ever.
on December 31, 2012
This watch is exactly what I wanted! The last time I wear a legit watch was maybe 10 years ago. I hate watches because I think they are tacky. However, I think I've been poor on my time management. I'm going to graduate school in a month and I really need to use my time smartly. So I need a wrist watch! I need my watch to be as minimal as possible and has to have a mother of pearl dial (Yes. That's how particular I am!). So this is it! It looks much more expensive in person. And the hands are moving! Yeah! My last Fossil watch did not move when I got it :( And I'm not gonna take it off. It's probably the most minimal design I've ever seen. The watch is very thin and light weight. The dial is beautiful. And it's very easy to adjust the clasp to the right position that suits my wrist. My only complaint is that it'd be nicer if there's a seconds hand so I can stare at it as it moves when my mind slips, just kidding. All in all, I love it!
on January 6, 2007
sleek and elegant design

the band is comfortable, easily adjusted and the clasp is very sturdy.

the crystal is very clear and the face is easy to read, there is no second hand though, if that concerns you.

it's very thin and light weight as far as size, a nickel perfectly covers the crystal and a quarter will cover the entire body including the knob, so if you put a nickel on top of a quarter you can get an idea of the size and the thickness of the entire watch.
11 comment| 75 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 10, 2014
I have been looking for a stainless steel watch, with no gold tones, with a round easy to see face, that is white, not black. Until I found this one, the only one I had seen with my desires was over $2000. I love this watch! The band is comfortable and was easy to adjust to my wrist. The face is very attractive. The numbers on the mother-of-pearl time are easy to see. I have received many compliments on this watch, and when I tell people what I paid, they are very surprised. The only other thing I should mention is that, so far, it has kept very good time.
on February 22, 2011
I bought this watch (Skagen Women's 233XSSS) for my wife for Valentine's day a couple weeks ago. She really likes it. She says its very comfortable and light weight. It has a hardened mineral crystal face which is nearly scratch proof. I've had a men's Skagen watch with this type of face for about 5 years. I wear it everyday around manufacturing and testing equipment and it only has one tiny scratch on the face. Awesome! The band, being stainless steel is very nice looking. Also, it dries very quickly if it gets wet and its easy to clean. The SS mesh band is very comfortable and does not pull hairs (as many people have asked me). The band is nearly infinitely adjustable so you can get a perfect fit. For an everyday watch, Skagen is really tough to beat. Buying from Amazon was easy as always and the shipping was timely.
on October 19, 2011
This is my first Skagen watch. I really like how light the metal mesh band is. It is so light in fact, that I forget that I am wearing it and ask people the time. The dial is Mother of Pearl. I thought I would not like the dial as I'm not always a fan of Mother of Pearl but I love it. The pinks and greens are subtle in most lights but in sunlight and florescent it shines more. Whats more, the dial is thin, maybe the about the thickness of of three nickels on top of one another but the base of the watch is the size of a dime and the dial is the size (diameter) of a nickel, so it tapers as it goes up making it even more light and thin feeling. I bought this to be my everyday watch but I feel I will be able to dress it up also.
on August 4, 2012
I bought this for my wife as an anniversary present for our 11th anniversary (Traditionally-steel). It has a sleek and elegant design butthe picture doesn't do it justice, the stainless steel is highly polished and the mother of pearl face gives off beautiful colors in changing lighting.

The band is comfortable, easily adjusted and the clasp is very sturdy, I own a few Skagen's (3) and besides a couple of batteries they have never given me a problem

Watch has a light thin design and the face is about the size of a nickel.
on September 26, 2010
First, this is my third Skaagen watch. I lost the other two at the beach. I always get replacements because these watches are really comfortable and flat. The bands, with the fine steel mesh, are extremely light and comfortable. They never pinch or smell funny in the heat like some leather bands do.

I got this particular watch as a change from the other two I lost because I particularly like the mother of pearl watch face. It is on two levels - the center is slightly recessed from the edges. It is so subtle against the silver face.

One thing to note on most of these watches. Few of them have a second hand. This one has neither a second hand nor a date. I like the lack of a second hand because my eye is never tricked into seeing the wrong time. You may not however.

All in all, the watch is extremely attractive, easy to read, and very comfortable. I love it as much as my other 2.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question