Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Skagen Women's 233XSSS Grenen Stainless Steel Mesh Watch
Celebrity Picks 2016 Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Gifts for Him Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services westworld westworld westworld  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Outdoor Gift Ideas on Amazon

Showing 1-10 of 124 reviews(verified purchases). Show all reviews
on January 6, 2007
sleek and elegant design

the band is comfortable, easily adjusted and the clasp is very sturdy.

the crystal is very clear and the face is easy to read, there is no second hand though, if that concerns you.

it's very thin and light weight as far as size, a nickel perfectly covers the crystal and a quarter will cover the entire body including the knob, so if you put a nickel on top of a quarter you can get an idea of the size and the thickness of the entire watch.
11 comment| 75 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 31, 2007
This is my fifth Skagen watch. (I wear all of them on different occasions.) I love the clean Danish design and the comfort and durability of all of my Skagen watches. I bought this one because I can read the time more easily than on my small dress watch and more exactly than on my watches without 12 hour-markers. Skagen makes women's watches with large dials and others with very small ones. There aren't many in between. This one is small enough to look good on my small wrist but large enough to read easily. And did I say I love the combination of the silver hands and markers with the glimmery mother-of-pearl face? Very classy and elegant.
on January 6, 2008
I noticed this watch on a colleague's wrist and loved it. The mesh band is simple enough for work/weekend, but dressy enough for evening events. The mother of pearl face is very attractive and has a chameleon like quality. The watch is extremely light weight and comfortable to wear. Amazon has an amazing price on this style and the shipping was very quick. If you want a high quality attractive watch without spending hundreds of dollars I recommend both Skagen and Amazon.
I bought this as a Christmas present for my wife. The watch is very high quality, and the stainless steel is just beautiful. The mother-of-pearl inlay is very nice and not over done. This watch just looks classy and goes well with both work or casual clothes. For point of reference, the watch face is about the size of a US Quarter.

The watch is surprisingly light and the band very flexible. The watch band is highly adjustable, and does not involve removing any loops of the band since the band is a steel weave. Instead, there is an small lever built into the fastener and small ribs in the watch band. To adjust the band all that is required is to loosen the lever, move the latch to the right location and then tighten it down again. You'll need a small screwdriver to do this as it cinches tightly onto the band.

I wanted to get my wife a watch that was quite nice,had a high build quality, but one that was not extremely expensive. This Skagen watch gets 5 stars on all three of those criteria. We both love it.
on August 4, 2012
I bought this for my wife as an anniversary present for our 11th anniversary (Traditionally-steel). It has a sleek and elegant design butthe picture doesn't do it justice, the stainless steel is highly polished and the mother of pearl face gives off beautiful colors in changing lighting.

The band is comfortable, easily adjusted and the clasp is very sturdy, I own a few Skagen's (3) and besides a couple of batteries they have never given me a problem

Watch has a light thin design and the face is about the size of a nickel.
on December 13, 2011
I LOVE THE WATCH AND IT WAS SUPER FAST SHIPPING BUT...IT WAS A MOTHER OF PEARL FACE WITH NO CRYSTALS ANYWHERE. KEEPING THE WATCH BUT THE SELLER NEEDS TO CHANGE THE PICTURE ITS FALSE ADVERTISING.
on November 4, 2011
This is was a gift for my wife's birthday. She loved the fact that the mesh band allowed for the watch to really fit on her wrist. She has a small wrist and most watches have to have multiple links removed, which can make for an awkward fit, or holes have to be punched for it to be smaller. Neither was the case with this elegant mesh and adjustable clasp watch. It is a great piece of jewelry and has stood up well to regular wear. If you have a small wrist this may be the watch for you.
on July 2, 2013
I love Skagen watches, our family have 5 of them but our most recent watches (purchased in the last 12 months) have shown signs of inferior made in China (which they are) quality.

The look is fantastic and elegant and the strap comfortable and unique. Kept great time and worked great for 3 months until I brought it into contact with water for the first time. Was just soaked in a rainstorm (watch was never submerged at all) and the next day I find condensation on the inside of the watch glass so bad that I could not read the face. It's not an expensive watch but I do expect it to be water resistant which at 3 ATM which is what it says on the case, I should not encounter something like this which renders the watch useless. Will update you on their warranty service but 5-8 weeks is just a pain.

UPDATE - Sent the watch in for warranty and got back a brand new one. Good warranty service and only took 2 weeks.
on June 12, 2011
Many have complained about the clasp on Skagen watches. This video illustrates a helpful way to secure the clasp in order to prevent accidentally dropping the watch due to insufficiently closing the clasp.

Just sing, "Hook, snap, and snap" each time you put on your Skagen watch. That is, first attach the hook end of the clasp to the other end which has the horizontal pin (the pin at the bottom part), then snap, fold down and close the clasp, and then snap a second time. Once you have performed "hook, snap, and snap" successfully, your clasp is now sufficiently secure.

Hope this helps! :)
on July 1, 2008
I have worn a Skagen watch for years. I love their clean looks and reliability. My husband & I sail and I even wore it on the boat. My most recent one was 10 years old and keeping perfect time. I only had to replace it because I ruined it (had battery changed at new place & two weeks later the back popped off when dropped & lost parts) and would have had to spend almost as much as a new one costs to fix it. I am pleased to find they haven't changed that much and look forward to wearing this new one for many years to come.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question