Spring Deals Automotive Best Books of the Month Casual Friday Style nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Only: $44.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Dot Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now TG18PP_gno

on July 17, 2017
I really enjoy Skagen watches; that is, I enjoy the band and the clasp - they don't pinch or tear at my hairs. Very adjustable and easy to open and close; my arm doesn't sweat under them like leather.

However, this watch's second hand has just dropped off the center spindle!! and I don't know if Amazon will help me get some value from Skagen or whoever sold it to them. Cannot find link on the website, so just want to warn you... Save the box and the warranty!! I'll re-post if I get some further info and help... this was a $90.00 purchase and broke in 8 months!! Feedback welcomed
on August 23, 2009
I am a pediatric nurse and I have to wear a watch. I like this one because it is thin, lightweight and mostly waterproof. There are three things that are drawbacks and why I gave it 4 stars: 1.) the second hand can be hard to see and distinguish from the minute hand. I wish it was red and have been tempted to have the crystal removed temporarily so I can paint it with red nail polish. 2.) I sometimes pull out the stem when I am removing my rubber gloves and this stops the time. I don't think they can change this; I just have to be more careful. 3.) the mesh band holds water when I wash my hands, but I have learned to hold the paper towel for a moment longer on the band and that usually takes care of that. If I forget and I drop my hand down to my side, water drips out from the band. It is better than a leather band under the same circumstances. I am also allergic to nickel but I can wear this watch with no problems. I have owned this watch for three years. Every year when I need to replace the battery I just send it away to Skagen and they replace the battery and I think they clean it and sometimes I have them replace the crystal or band. I have pinched the band and damaged it once. This last time I just bought a second one so that I have two. I bought one for my daughter who is off to college and she loves hers, too. There are no rough edges so I don't have to worry about scratching my patients when I have to pick them up or hold little babies. It looks smart and functional. I may never own anything but a Skagen.
on May 4, 2013
Great watch in terms of performance and overall appearance. has two design flaws, however. One, if just bone-headed dumb on Skagen's part, and it is very irritating - they installed a smooth surface crown (i.e., end of the stem for adjusting time and date). Think a very small cylinder segment with a highly polished smooth surface - then you tell me how to get a good grip on that to adjust time??? I really like Skagen, and this is not a deal breaker, but some short-sighted goof got a bonus for saving the money required to put a rough edge treatment on the crown. Bad, bad move. The second design flaw is the second hand is virtually identical in lenght, width and color to the hour hand - it requires a double take every time, and i do mean EVERY time, to see what the time is - have to wait a second or two so see the second hand move, then you can discern the hour hand and tell time. Sooooo, bottom line - good watch, looks good but needs a few tweaks to get five stars.
on April 30, 2011
I love this watch. I typically destroy watches - often within days of buying them. I have had this watch for about a month and so far so good. I found the stiffness of the metal mesh band odd at first, but I got used to it within a couple of hours. I love how easily I can get it on and off, and also how secure the clasp is - there is probably no way I could snag this on something and have it come off on its own. I love the date function - I have never had one before.

And the silver and gold combo makes it so nice with whichever jewelry I wear. Another reviewer pointed out that the gold rim around the edge is just painted on the inside of the glass face - I cannot tell for sure, but I think it looks nice enough despite not being a separate metal piece on the outside of the watch. The gold dots and hands show up clearly as well.

My wrist is extremely small and I have often had difficulty with getting other watches to fit. Typical leather bands would have so much extra strap left flapping around, and quite frequently the holes were placed in a way that the watch was either uncomfortably tight or distractingly loose. This is really infinitely adjustable for a perfect fit and the extra strap is securely INSIDE the band. It does slip out to one side a bit, but so little I have never noticed it - I only checked just now since I saw another reviewer had criticized this.

The smoothness of the crown makes it a bit difficult to adjust the time - as a frequent cross-country traveler I do find that a bit frustrating.

I would appreciate a slightly narrower band and slightly smaller watch face for a more feminine effect, but this definitely does not look like a man's watch. Although not girly, it is sufficiently female. It is a very practical design and very modern. I like that this simple, streamlined look meshes well with business suits, hiking gear, and dressy evening wear - I have worn it for all these things and more and it always seems appropriate and attractive.

I do confuse the minute and second hand regularly - they are identical. So far, it has not been a big issue for me - I have quickly adapted to looking at it an extra second to verify which hand is the right one. Still - they should fix this in future models.
on October 9, 2008
I was so pleased to receive this watch in the mail today. It is beautiful--more stylish and attractive than is apparent in the picture. I love the security of the clasp and also love that it is easily adjustable.

I chose this watch because it has a second hand and a date. I read in other reviews that the size/length of the second hand is confusing and the date is too small, but I find that both are adequate for my purposes and I would much rather have them as a feature on the watch than not have them.

I had admired Skagen watches on the internet, but had never had the chance to see one in person. I'm glad that I decided to go ahead and make this purchase and hope this watch lasts me a long time.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon March 6, 2011
I purchase everything online from Amazon and I am rarely disappointed. I love, love, love this watch. The quality and the size of the product is perfect. The watch can be adjusted to fit any wrist. The watch is beautiful and I have recieved many compliments.The packaging was of the highest quality. I purchase a great deal of silver jewelry and I was very pleased. I will continue to order from this dealer and Amazon.I am a very loyal customer. I bought this watch in 2011. I changed the battery one time and still works perfectly and looks great in February of 2015:)
on April 29, 2012
I received this watch this morning with my partner's watch. When I open the box, I am so surprise as the watch is very light in weight, soft sparkling, and simple. The first impression about this watch is timeless design, classical, simple, beautiful, so woman, elegant, expensive looks although it is less than $55. The bracelet is easy to adjust, no need to go to jewelry store to fix it, you even can do it by yourself. The problem only in date which is too small, but I think I don't need that, and don't damage the overall performance of this watch. The gold trim around dial makes this watch is more sophisticated. I am so happy with this watch, although not the expensive ones of my watch collections, I love this :) It's a gift from lover, so, what is more important than all? Enjoy your purchase of this watch.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
on October 3, 2011
...I agree with other reviewers, the face is somewhat hard to read, especially with the sweep second hand longer than the minute hand. Also, the date is irrelevant, it's much too small to read. My old watch with a black face and gold dots is easier to read. I would not recommend for a small wrist and hand, because the face is fairly large and excess bracelet lies under the top layer. I love the sleek, elegant look and it seems to keep perfect time, however, I had some difficulty understanding the catch and consequently "lost" my brand new watch for 24 hours at my local gym. I've learned how to fasten and adjust the catch correctly, but it's tricky. Not much gold for the two-tone look.
on January 12, 2014
I think this is a very classy looking watch. I wish I had found it without the day of the month, I don't need that and I think it takes away from the face of the watch. The second hand is big, which at a quick glance looks like the minute hand, so I had to get used to looking for a couple of seconds. Even so I still give it 5 stars, for the price it is a functional, beautiful piece of jewelry as well as a time piece.
on July 31, 2013
Not having worn a watch for years (thanks to my cell phone), I was concerned about the weight and bulk of wearing a watch again. This was the perfect solution - the watch is very thin, lightweight, the adjustable strap creates a perfect fit, and the watch is beautiful and elegant. I am surprised and pleased that this is a high quality watch at an affordable price.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question