Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 38 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 40 reviews
on October 6, 2012
I love watches and tend to buy them a lot! I have watches that range from ESQ to Sturhling to Kenneth Cole. This watch is perfect. The color of the dial is striking. The watch has a dial that seems to go from black to blue in a very subtle way. The band is classic Skagen and if you have little wrists which I do, I would highly recommend this brand as the watch (and any other Skagen witha mesh band) has the ability to be adjusted right out fo the box. I have gotten more compliments on this watch than my ESQ (which has a price tag of about $250.00). It is very slim so if you are looking for a more substantial watch go with a Fossill or something like that. This is more delicate looking. If I was allowed to buy more watches I would buy a Skagen in every color! This is also a very finely made watch and for the $58.00 or so dollars, you get the quality of Skagen. When I brought my last few watches to the jeweler to get adjusted (Kenneth Cole, ESQ) he was going on and on about Skagen and how they are the only watches he likes to carry in the moderate price range because of their quality. He made a distinction between fashion watches and well made watches. He put my ESQ in the fashion watch category and Skagen in the finely made category.

Also, you cannot get a better price than Amazon. I found the same watch on Overstock, where I bought my watches before I discovered Amazon and the cost was $30.00 higher.

The only possible con is that the clasp is different (not better or worse, just different) than watches I have had in the past and took a few days to get it right. When my watch ban is lifted, I am going to buy another Skagen in brown! This is the nicest watch I have gotten so far.
on December 10, 2012
I've been a big fan of Skagen for awhile now and I've been looking for a blue faced watch ever since I got my husband one. But I've always been hesitant to get a watch with a metal band because they tend to pinch. My husband loves his (exact same one as this except in men's sizes) so when I saw this I thought I'd give it a try. It's beautiful, light, and just elegant. It came in a simple plastic box and the clasp got loose in transit because, upon opening the box, the watch fell out. Lucky, I was seated on the floor so it dropped into my lap and slid onto the carpet. The blue face is just incredible - I really, really like the color. The clasp needed a little adjusting so that the "pin" wouldn't get stuck when you close the clasp. Otherwise, it took 2 people and a tiny screwdriver to pry it open again. Adjusting the fit was easy too. My only complaint is that I can't shorten the length of the band - I have very small wrists and the band almost wraps itself around my wrist twice. So, I have to wear it a little loose. The design of the watch is just perfect - not too dressy, not too casual. It goes well with work clothes for the office or in jeans for the weekend. The metal band does not pinch at all - mainly because it's a mesh pattern instead of links. All in all, I'm extremely happy with this watch.
on March 12, 2013
This watch is really beautiful. The color is just like the picture. It is very lightweight at just under 40 g. The band is super easy to adjust (no link removal needed). The biggest adjustment for me was getting used to the hinges on the bottom. I was worried at first that it would bother me or that I would always feel them. After I wore the watch for 1 hour I no longer feel anything. Awesome and beautiful! Definitely adding another color Skagen to my Wish List for Christmas.

UPDATE: I have had this watch just under 6 months and have not had a good experience with the band. I was really excited about it so I'm disappointed. The pin in the band got warped somehow and doesn't attach flush anymore. Today it got caught on the corner of a cabinet door and it pulled all the little chain pieces apart from each other and warped the band to where I cannot wear it. I know these instances are due to my own error, but I was hoping it would hold up against such events. The face scratches easily as well. Sad. :'(
on December 4, 2013
Bought this for an 11th anniversary present (because it's made from steel).

While the watch is attractive, it seems overpriced for what you get. There is nothing overly special about the timepiece itself other than how it looks, and there are plenty of cheaper watch makers out there with good designs, so you are really paying 50% more for the "Skagen" name.

I would have given an extra star if the watch looked exactly the way it does in the picture, but the unit I received does not say "STEEL" the same way it does in the picture. Considering this was a Steel Anniversary present, and the reason I chose this exact watch, I was a bit disappointed. The unit I received says steel in little tiny letters below the 6 marker on the watch face. Very hard to see.

Keep in mind that the way Skagen watches are made, is by glueing the band to the watch lugs (where the strap usually has the tiny metal tension rods that keep the band on). While I have not seen this be a problem yet, I have read others say that the glue does not stay stuck on after a while. I assume that would be a difficult repair to do on your own, so you may only want to wear this on occasion.
on December 1, 2013
This is my second Skagen watch from Amazon (great prices) and its been great. The size and thickness of the face is great and the adjustable band/ mesh is the reason why I keep coming back. I am right handed and wear my watches on the right, so they get their fair share of wear. The blue looks really great and the face isn't hard to see at all. My first Skagen died when the band broke away from the face (glue fail), and was considerably scratched, so I decided to replace with this one. I haven't scratched this one up yet (had it about a year), but the clasp does not sit properly which is the reason for the loss of a star. Although it still closes, it is slightly askew and has come off a handful of times. I didn't have this issue with my previous watch, so I guess its hit or miss. I also was first shipped the men's watch, but didn't have a problem shipping it back to receive the correct women's watch.
I will continue to buy Skagen from Amazon since these watches continue to be some of the best looking easy wearing watches that look great with just about anything.
on February 4, 2013
Skagen watches are top notch accessories. Stylish and utilitarian at the same time. This particular watch is an outstanding watch to add to any collection. Its easily adjustable metallic band is great for those who hate watches clunking around on their wrist. The thinness of the watch face is outstanding for use while wearing long-sleeved shirts. The simple elegance of the design is terrific. This is a great product.
on February 26, 2013
This watch is a beautiful blue although not quite as dark as pictured. It's more of a medium blue color actually. The face is large enough for middle-aged eyes to see yet still looks nice on a small wrist. I'm very happy with the look of this watch, however, I only gave it 4 stars because of the clasp. It's a little different and it took me a few days to get used to. I would buy another like this one - very happy with my purchase!
on August 27, 2013
My old skagen watch finally broke after 10 years....I loved this watch and was disappointed that I could not find a simular replacement. It was smaller and had a Light Blue face. I picked this watch because of the blue face. I must say...I think I love this one even more! It is bigger, but then that is the new style and the blue face is very pretty. Very Happy with it.
on January 29, 2013
This is my second Skagen watch. I purchased my first one about five years ago and it was my favorite watch. Unfortunately, the clasp on the watch would not longer latch, so when I saw this one on Amazon, I bought it immediately. Actually, the blue in the dial is just a little deeper blue than my previous one, but I like the color more thatn the first one. If you want a great watch, don't hesitate to buy a Skagen.
on August 27, 2013
It's hard to tell from the picture, but the face of the watch is really more of a royal blue than a navy blue, which I think is very pretty. The strap is great because it's very easy to adjust to any length, so you don't have to go through the annoying process of adding or taking out links. The face is a little bigger than I expected for a woman's watch, but I've gotten used to it and think it's classy looking.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.