+ $3.99 shipping
& FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details
About the Product
- Learn the ins and outs of skating with the all-new Skate School where you can practice your skills on the sticks. Customize your experience with new on-screen guides including a manual meter and Flickit trick analyzer.
- Multiplayer allows you to progress through the career campaign with others or slay them in head-to-head competitive battles. Keep tabs on teammates and rivals with Skate Feed, the all-new game and web social network.
- Say hello to darkslides, underflips, and the all-new skate mecca, Port Carverton - featuring unique districts, plazas, skateparks and endless lines, this is the true skater's paradise.
- Form teams to become a skate industry mogul. From completing online challenges to creating skate parks, to having your graphics downloaded, almost everything skaters do in the game counts towards their progression.
- Skate Reel and Skate Graphics are back, and the all-new Skate Park is an open canvas for players to create their dream plaza or mega-ramp park. Once created, players can share their masterpieces with the world from their console.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Having played Skate 1 & 2, yes this game is better than the two. They give you skateparks to customize. Picture a big empty warehouse that you can design to your hearts content with ramps, rails, boxes, really anything. Being able to download user-created skateparks sounds awesome, though I haven't tried it since I haven't purchased the DLC yet. This really adds longevity to the game. BTW, you need to progress in the story line to unlock boxes and ramps to use in your custom skatepark.
The game does seem to get old a little too quickly for me and the flick-it controls, although refined, are still frustrating, as are the challenges. Although there are a lot of tricks to do, I seem to only pull off a hand-full of them. The world is big and finding a cool spot to session is fun, but gets old after a while. He doesn't seem to ollie high enough.Read more ›
* They got rid of the security guards. The game setting is a city that embraces skateboarding, so it isn't necessary.
* Improved load times on tasks where repeated reloading is required - i.e. bailing before completing the 4 required tricks only requires hitting A once to get started again in less than a second.
* The local multi-player games have disappeared. My two young sons are finally at an age where they like playing. The local multi-player "Own the Spot" challenges on Skate 2 were our favorite as it gives a time limit to everyone's turn... This doesn't appear to be present now.
Also I love the new online options. The ability to create a team with Xbox Live friends and complete challenges works very well. For fans of freeskate it is back and it is awesome. Having troble completing a career challenge? Jump online and get help completing the challenge with members of skate's dedicated community.
Skate 3 also features an improved soundtrack, skate park editor, and all sorts of great customization to create your ultimate Skate team online or offline. As stated on the official website skate.Create and Share is back and better than ever:
"skate.Create and Share - Returning favorites skate.Reel and skate.Graphics are back. The all-new Skate.Park is an open canvas for players to create their dream plaza or mega-ramp park. Once created, they can share their masterpieces with the world by uploading them directly from their console. "
If you liked the original Skate or Skate 2 you will love Skate 3. Black Box has loaded the title to the brim with amazing content. The game is now more accessible than ever with three difficulty options (Easy, Normal, and Hardcore), although the game may still be a bit difficult even on the Easy setting for newcomers.Read more ›
Better character control off and on board
You can Deck Check/Punch people
Its more fun in a lot of ways than 2, less frustrating except for a few spots
You can customize decks, shirts and other gear to suit your taste or logo preference
The character editor for custom gear of your own taste is often limited by where it allows you to place things, IE you cant put a logo on the back of a hat or multiple logos on stuff
There is NO way to actually save a game manually, its an auto save which is normally fine except this one only saves when you unlock a set achievement. So if you bust out a gajillion point trick and then later turn off your console because you are done playing its gone, and wont reflect in your stats unless you do some cool stuff then do an event and beat it thus causing the game to save. Thats ok at first, but once everything is beat you can forget about it saving what you did(which brings me to my other point)
There isnt that much to actually do in this game, like way less than 2. I only did the actual contests etc casually as I mostly free skate and I beat this game in a month
Not a lot of playable terrain, its not one big city is three small areas that are in no way connected and you must 'beam' yourself between these areas.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
My son was very happy for the product. It's one of his favorite..Published 1 day ago by Magnificent
My grandson has seen this played on other media. He loves it.Published 29 days ago by Amazon Customer
To start off, I'd like to make it apparent that the entire Skate franchise was fantastic. The reason I say "was" is because Skate 3 appears to have been the last... Read morePublished 1 month ago by ndragortt
Don't get this game sucks why? Can't land grinds because glitches my fricken skater off of the rail AND skaters run into me on purpose 👎Published 1 month ago by Greyson
I'm going to get this out right away: In order to download user created skateparks YOU MUST PURCHASE DLC. Read morePublished 1 month ago by ARBY Hager