Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services whiteprincess whiteprincess whiteprincess  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now toystl17_gno
asked by jsv on January 30, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 answers
A
Try this, which I just found on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1jH9Gt0LL0
Mike McG. answered on February 9, 2011
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Thanks for the tip. I had the counterweight screwed in too far. Eventhough I followed the instructions, it never really says exactly how far to screw in the counterweight. I took it off completely and started over. Now it plays perfectly. Thanks for your help.
jsv answered on March 6, 2011
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Jason,

My guess is that you're doing something wrong with the counterweight. Before you play any more records, I would ensure that you have everything set correctly, otherwise you may damage the vinyl on them.

A few tips without knowing all of your details: make sure that the counterweight is moving along the arm when you spin it. If you're only pushing it, you're doing it wrong. Push it until it kind of pops in, and then spin the silver portion. The whole process is kind of like an old-fashioned scale - you have to keep making adjustments until it's perfect.
Mike McG. answered on February 9, 2011
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Eli LaCrosse answered on September 12, 2011

A
a lot of people put a sure cartridge on this turntable at adout 50$,it tracks at 1.50 to2.o i have hade no problem with skating, or skipping at 2.0 grm setting.
William Donald answered on September 18, 2011
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product