Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Dork Diaries: Skating Sensation
Amazon Vehicles Back to School Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now

on October 6, 2012
Not only is this book AWESOME its funny, well written and just great!!!!I would recomend this to anyone..........ANYONE!!! Another hit from our friend Rachel. :]
on November 8, 2013
I actually think I enjoyed this book the most! It's SO funny, and you won't BELIEVE what Brianna does. Like, when your a little past the middle of the book, your literally gonna puke of laughter! I'm SO not lying! This book truly deserves its 5 stars!!!!! :)
on November 5, 2013
The book I am reviewing is called Dork Diaries Tales from a Not So Graceful Ice Princess. It is a great book for kids. The author of this book is Rachel Renee Russell. I would recommend this book for ages 9-13 because it has some mature words in it (like heck, OMG and idiot). The book is 368 pages long. The book is 31 chapters long. And get this...it is the #1 best-selling series in New York!

At the beginning Nikki gets a phone call when she's in the shower. But, her little sister Brianna comes down the hallway and starts banging on the bathroom door. "NIKKI YOU HAVE A PHONE CALL!" yelled Brianna. "OK WHO IS IT" yelled Nikki? I won't give away too much. But then, Nikki comes out of the shower dripping soapsuds. "Hello"? She says nervously waiting to see who it is. "Hey Nikki it's Brandon," says Brandon. Nikki thought to herself OMG Brianna said to my boyfriend I'm a crusty eyed, hairy legged, FREAK! "Hey Brandon, it's Nikki." "Hi Nikki so, I was wondering if you wanted to come to my birthday party in a couple weeks?" asked Brandon. "YES!" said Nikki. "Ok" said Brandon.

My favorite part about this book is Christmas morning. When Chloe, Zoey, Brianna, Nikki's mom and dad, and Nikki all open their presents. And Nikki's mom and dad both open their present together from Nikki and Brianna and their parents love it a lot. It's a scrapbook of Nikki and Brianna's life memories. The parents keep saying "Thank you Thank you".

I gave this book 5 stars because I love the author Rachel Renee Russell. She is a wonderful author who makes things funny. I recommend this book because it has a lot of enthusiasm in it. She makes things come alive. And I also gave this book 5 stars because this book is one of my favorites out of the whole series. In my opinion it is the longest and funniest. You should try reading one because I think you will like it.

More books by this fantastic author Rachel Renee Russell are Dork Diaries #1 Tales from a Not So Fabulous Life, #2 Tales from a Not So Popular Party Girl, #3 Tales from a Not So Talented Pop Star, #5 Tales from a Not So Smart Miss Know It All, and #6 Tales from a Not So Happy Heartbreaker. I would recommend starting with #1 so everything makes more sense.
on January 21, 2015
My daughter started reading this series in 1st grade. We read the first book together. While some parts I rolled my eyes at the drama, I had to laugh at a lot (most of the book) parts because it reminded me of myself in middle school. I grew up in WV, so you were either the daughter of a coal miner, steel worker, or something fancy like lawyer, doctor, banker, etc. My dad would come home and drop his steel toed boots off at the door and made the whole house smell of molten steel. It was a dirty job and I was kinda embarrassed by it. Some of my other friends parents got dressed up and had clean jobs. So I could relate to the main character when she was trying to hide her father's profession.

Every school has a Mackenzie. Heck! Every office has one! They never grow up!

I love how these books are realistic. These are thoughts that so many of us have had in middle school. When we got the second book, my daughter flew right through it before we could even read it together! I got this for her for Christmas and she reads it every day at school during free time. I have the next one on my wishlist to get in a few weeks. Thank you for such a great series!
on December 25, 2012
Dork Diaries 4: Tales from a Not-So-Graceful Ice Princess. I bought this book for my daughter. She enjoys reading it.
on December 29, 2015
I bought this for a Christmas angel gift for underprivileged kids and we all were ready it before we sent it on. They are funny ,whimsical and very pertaining to kids and their problems in school and with friends.
on December 26, 2012
Ice skating clowns cute puppies and the nutcracker all packed into one selfishly funny book all written by Rachel Renee Russell.
on September 16, 2012
While the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series is by far the most popular series in my school library, Dork Diaries is also very popular. I must confess that I find Dork Diaries more enjoyable. Maybe it's because I don't find Greg very likeable, maybe because I can relate to a girl main character better. But I think that it is most likely because Nikki personifies so well the dramas of middle school. I have to laugh at how horrified she becomes at things that I no longer would even blink at, but which really are so important to kids at that age. I also like Nikki and her friends because they are real with talents and weaknesses who often make poor decisions and then have to live with the consequences.

In this particular book, Nikki and her best friends are putting together an ice skating routine to help save an animal rescue organization. But then Nikki tries ice skating and discovers that she has trouble just standing up. She decides to try to get out of the charity event and then finds out that her crush, Brandon, has a special connection to the shelter and she must do something to help. At the same time, Nikki's nemesis Mackenzie does everything she possibly can to make Nikki's life more difficult.

With plenty of drama as well as humor, I couldn't help but cheer Nikki on as she struggles with her challenges both at home and at school. Girls especially will find much to enjoy in this series. The humorous illustrations add the perfect touch. I highly recommend this series to middle grade readers looking for something beyond Diary of a Wimpy Kid.
on December 18, 2013
My daughter LOVES reading and I love letting her pick out books she enjoys! The best thing is the books are fun enough to read that she reads them over and over. I hope they continue this series for awhile so my daughter can continue to grow to read.
on April 22, 2015
the DORK diaries are excellent I once finished the book in two days you get to see Mini sorry auto correct can not change it the adventures of N I K I this is a lovely funny heart warming story THAT WILL MAKE YOU LOL! IT IS ODD FUNNY RIDICULAS MUST READ:)