Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Skechers USA Sergeants Verdict Men's Boot
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now

on December 4, 2012
When I think Sketchers, I think of silly commercials from the '90s, not heavy duty, workman's boots; yet that's exactly what I got. I needed boots for a job I took doing heavy work outdoors and in a shop. I needed a GOOD boot, as I have troublesome feet, and I would be on them at least ten hours a day. Just to be safe I paired them with Airplus Ultra Work Insoles. Together, they were a match made in heaven and my feet were able to make it through 10 hour work days with no issue.

The boots are so comfortable that I wear them outside of work. Places like shopping malls, or even to day long outings such as amusement or theme parks, because I know they will be the most comfortable.

Not only are they comfortable, but they are durable. They held up at work, and are in fact waterproof. I had some terrible weather and would wear them for hours in the rain, stomping through puddles deep enough to maintain wildlife. Besides some close calls with sharp edges, the boots never wore, cracked, or tore from heavy use.

I have never maintained them, cleaned them, or oiled the leather like a good owner would, and they have held up well.

I imagine getting at least several more years out of them, but to be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if they lasted me another decade or longer, so long as the sole doesn't wear out.
on October 20, 2015
I like these a lot and it's only my first full day wearing them. They are like an "old school" leather hiking boot, lots of protection for your feet and they were comfortable right out of the box, worn with mid-weight hiking socks. Since they are real leather I expect them to conform to my feet even more over time. Fairly lightweight - my size 9.5 E boots weigh 3 lbs. 7 oz. They are just a little loose in the heel but not enough to cause a blister, and they seem true to size. I did put in some insoles and that makes them fit even better and more comfortably.

The quality and worksmanship are first-rate. I'm glad I bought these and not a more "modern" style, and paid less, too!

I am torn between giving them 4 and 5 stars (I don't give many things 5 stars). After I've had them for a while I will update the rating and review.
on December 7, 2015
I bought these for my husband to wear to work. When he first tried them on he really liked them, but after a day at work his feet were very sore.
Thinking they only needed to be broken in, he suffered for over 2 weeks. He developed blisters on his feet and his feet always hurt after wearing them. I told him to go ahead and buy another pair of boots, he bought a similar boot from Dickie's, which didn't cost quite as much and which he still loves. It was a waste of the $80 I spent on the boots, I don't recommend them.
on February 20, 2012
This boot has always been a favorite for my husband so I ordered him a new pair as his old ones were quite worn. We received them and oddly one show was smaller than the other so I contacted the seller and was told I needed to ship them back for an exchange. As instructed I shipped them back only to deal with lots of dead end emails to the company. Almost 30 days later and I emailed them again and was told that they were sorry for the confusion but would just refund my money??? I am not sure why they did that but I am glad I continued to follow through otherwise I may have been out of the shoes and the money I paid. Buyer beware and order through another company that stands behind their customer service!
on March 15, 2015
I purchased these at J C Penney about 7 months ago. They do run about one size too large. From the get-go they were not very waterproof. Walking through several inches of water caused damp toes every time. I lived with that. The reason for this review is to warn others of a worse problem. The soles are a very soft material, and quite thin. Too soft. Too thin. The heels on mine have worn down so far in just 7 months that you can see holes exposing the inside of the shoe. It's a shame that the tops of the shoes look perfect but the "business end" is so worn out I have to replace them. I've never had a pair of boots fail this way.
on February 9, 2014
The soles collect snow and dirt really easily. If I go indoors from outside, say I'm standing in the grocery store or something, I look down and there's a PUDDLE underneath me. Before I realized they did this, I actually slipped and fell on my butt. Also, due to this problem, they ruined my wood floor in my foyer, even with a mat down. I didn't realize it until it was too late. I've owned A LOT of boots in my lifetime, but none that collect snow and dirt like these do. Even if I try kicking them on the concrete, it's still bad. -1 star

Also, you will need to invest in some kind of comfort insole. They are very hard and painful without one. -1 star

BUT I like the way they look, and it's too late now to return so I wear them.
= 3 star
on June 16, 2015
The sizing is perfect. I have extremely wide feet and they had my size,perfect fit. I was a bit hesitant to buy a Skecher product for a work boot as I am tough on footwear. However,I've been wearing these boots 6 days a week all day and they've held up for 9 months and going strong. I would buy these boots again. Hands down well worth the price.
on December 28, 2014
Great boots, very comfortable. My only complaints would be that my blue jeans can sometimes get caught up on the little tab on the back.. I am also unsure as to how to clean stains off of them. These boots will last for much longer than they can be kept clean
on October 10, 2011
With these boots I've walked through floods, traversed slums, worked with the poor, did some constructions, worked at farms, as a humanitarian all across Asia Pacific this past year. Let me tell you these boots have been through some tough conditions and they still look and feel good after a little over a year of rugged use. Sole is still in tack and the laces are still in good condition, the outer wear looks just as it did when I bought it with a few rugged battle dings from my volunteer work.

One of the highlighted features of the boot is the waterproof claim, and at feet level right bellow the laces it's able to do just that. I tested this beyond typical conditions if you will...After some heavy weather I was volunteering at a farm and a rain catcher needed draining, except its drain was clogged and it wasnt visible enough to pull out due to build up, so we had to manually bucket out the water. While some of the local farmers had rain boots on, many of the volunteers had none and were warned not to enter the pool because the water probably harbored some diseases. Realizing I had the "waterproof" plate bellow the bootlace I decided to test it out, and it worked! After several hours of standing in water helping clear out the rain catcher my feet were completely dry! (at one point I thought water had seeped in but later found out the water was just cooling off the shoe) Of course anything above the waterproof logo would seep in, its just commonsense after that since the lacing is open.

In terms of style, it looked awesome when I bought it (got the "charcoal" one), and the minor dings I got from my volunteer work just added more value to it.

I have since bestowed on it the title of my "World Proof Boots"

If you don't have a pair, you're missing out in a world of action my friend!
on June 16, 2015
This boot is really awesome. Great in comfort and looks very rugged. I am thinking to buy another pair in different color soon. They look like steel toe safety shoe but they are not. If you work at a place where safety shoe is recommended, you can wear them sometime whenever you are not in that hazardous work zone. Just my opinion that’s all. Buy one pair you wouldn’t be disappointed. They look great with dress pants and jeans as well. I love them.