Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Skechers Sport Men's Energy Afterburn Lace-Up Sneaker
Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports

on July 11, 2012
I work as a cashier and a warehouse type environment where the flooring is cement and I am constantly on my feet all day. I was wearing regular running shoes, but after awhile my feet began to hurt after a few hours. I wanted a athletic-type shoe that looked good but also was comfortable and sturdy. After wearing these Skechers Energy Afterburn shoes, about 30 minutes I could tell a major difference on how my feet felt on the cement floors. After work my feet did not hurt as much as wearing regular running-type shoes. I also noticed these shoes gave my feet an extra bounce, almost like the same effect you get from Reebok Zigtech shoes. I tried wearing my Reebok Zigtech at work. They are great running shoes, but not good work/walking shoes. With these shoes you get comfort plus the propulsion like the Reebok Zigtech shoe.
11 comment| 173 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 6, 2012
This shoe has a very nice fit. The main thing I notice is that the sole is extremely hard with a great deal of traction. This shoe is more of a hiking shoe than a running shoe. I got the shoe because I walk several miles a day with my dog. We are in the woods and field and on paved trails. I've gone thru 4 shoes in 2012 alone. I've been wearing this shoe for a month now and hardly notice any wear at all. This isn't a cheaply made shoe you would find at Wal Mart!
on June 29, 2009
you need to order 1/2 size larger than you normally would they run a little short.
33 comments| 110 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 20, 2013
This shoe is very comfortable and adds decent support for long days on your feet. Still holding up very well ( has been at least a month now) I was indeed surprises since I have never owned sketchers before and didnt expect much.
They are indeed worth every cent and have out lasted a pair or Asics and NIke so a great shoe at a great price, also sizing is accurate but just a hair over sized, absolutely nothing to worry about though a little bigger is always better than a little smaller so buy with confidence.
on February 6, 2013
The shoe provides a well constructed upper designed for comfort as well as a excellent insole and tread which give foot and ankle stability. Best pair of running shoes I have ever worn! An outstanding buy for the money. This is the second pair of Skechers I have owned, and won't be my last.
on June 15, 2012
My husband and I have been together for 11 years and he had been wearing the same pair of shoes the entire time. He is not really easy on his shoes and only wears one pair until they wear out. These ones finally started to wear out in the tread. I decided to get him a new pair as a gift and I would look for no other shoe but these. He says they haven't really changed in the past decade and were comfortable right away! We hope to get another 10+ years out of these.
44 comments| 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 16, 2015
I am big sketchers fan. This sneakers fit great. Size is correct. I ordered a size 10 and I got a size 10. Love my new kicks. Highly recommend.
review image
on January 14, 2016
I love the Sketchers Afterburn sneakers. It's all I ever buy...for years. However, this sneaker has a redline through the tag. Why? Like it came from out-let or something. Though this is my size and what I always buy, this one also fits to small...maybe it's irregular...again from an out-let?
review image
on February 15, 2013
I ordered this shoe based on the overwhelmingly positive reviews and my one opportunity to try on a pair in my size at a local store. At the latter, I was impressed by the solid-feel construction, especially at the bottom of this shoe (almost looks more like that of a trail/hiking boot). I have nerve damage on my left leg which makes walking regularly painful when bearing full weight, so I was looking for an athletic shoe with plentiful support and stability. While this shoe does look and feel solid, I found it to be sorely (no pun intended) lacking in cushioning the foot itself, and it wore a bit tight for a 9.5 MED. I was so hoping it was going to be my 'daily walker' shoe, but ended up returning it for a full refund. Kudos to Amazon for allowing for that & the quick processing of my refund. On the plus side, the price for the size was terrific, just not a good fit for my needs.
55 comments| 45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 5, 2014
I bought these for my husband and I bought them based on the customer reviews that I read diligently and according to the reviews they are very comfortable... I read a lot of people say they could wear them all day and I must of received a different product than they did... TERRIBLE