Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 100 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 109 reviews
on June 25, 2014
When this shoe first came out over 7 years ago, I thought it was great. It seemed to help me with some foot problems I was having. The rocking motion helps with a mock arch and gives your foot good support. But the shoes are not meant for running or sports. There is no side to side control. I found myself falling to the side a few times in these. So I never move fast in them. I have been wearing various pairs for approx. 7 years now, BUT also wearing them out. I have not yet had a pair of these Shape Ups last me more than a year. My current pair which I have worn maybe 8 to 10 months, just broke apart on the sole, and to my surprise, they are hollow on the inside. So a lot of the support is air support, which is now gone in this pair. After a few months too, the soles are not feeling even. Feels like a bean bag chair with all the beans lumpy on one side. Again, when the shoe was first introduced, it seemed like a good shoe. The more recent versions of it, just stink. And I'm not referring to foot odor. I will have to find a new everyday walking shoe. The Shape Ups just do not cut it anymore.
on November 1, 2012
I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and Osteo Arthritis so I have to be very careful about footwear because of the chronic pain in my ankles and my knees. These shoes fit well from day one. I normally wear 12 1/2 EE. I purchased these in a size 13 D because I often wear thicker socks in the cooler months because of arthritic pain associated with colder weather. I have worn New Balance 927 walking shoes and New Balance 801 slip ons while in the house. I rarely wear any shoes with laces any more because of the pain in my left knee (which has had two surgical procedures). When I lift the left knee to tie laces it is like sticking a knife in my left knee. So I find that slip ons, loafers and the New Balance hook and strap 927 walkers are my better choices. These Skechers Shape-ups Stride Loafers are just as they appear in the photo on Amazon.com They are packaged well and they are very comfortable to walk in for me. I have had knee and ankle surgery and I find them to be a wise buy.
on March 28, 2014
These are the only shoes I have ever worn that cushion my feet to the point that after walking on concrete 14 hrs. a day there is no discomfort at all. My feet do not ache or throb. No insole needed. My only gripe is that these shoes are now extremely hard to find, especially at the price I paid for these. If I would have known that, I would have bought 5 - 10 pairs of these. If you can find them, they are the best shoe for walking on concrete ever made!
on February 1, 2014
Since beginning a walking-regiment last summer, I found these shoes to be the perfect all-around shoes I've ever owned. Walking is quite easy with them and they're stylishly casual enough for work and other occasions. Initially a little odd-feeling on the feet (you have to adjust to "walking on the hard-rubber-ball feeling"), but after a few days, they're the most comfortable shoes around. Sizing is small (I normally wear a 10 1/2, these fit perfectly in 11 1/2---the reason these didn't get 5-stars from me), and durability could be a little better (wore-out the first pair in about 7 months---but that was walking 2-miles+ every day). Would highly recommend.
on October 3, 2015
Excellent for someone with back problems. For me it fixed whatever issues I had with my lower back. They are good for walking but not for running. Great on rainy days. As it gives you a 3 inch lift so puddles are a breeze to walk through. These are not for everyone. When I first read the reviews some folks liked them where others did not. I decided to try them any how. I like them. When wearing them it feels like walking on a foam mattress. Takes a little getting used to at first. They are well built. Mine lasted 3 years and I was wearing them every day to walk with.
on March 28, 2016
I'm already a tall guy and they made me feel like I was really towering over people. The support was great though. I'd wear them all day to work and not feel cramps in my legs or calves. They do get a little worn on the toe area and I don't really rub that against anything. They're also somewhat weird to get use to when driving. Definitely take them for a test drive! You might need to move your seat back a little bit so that they don't make you really step on the gas!
on June 15, 2013
I have varicose veins issue in my foot & leg. When I run, or walk after standing for a while, I feel my veins crushing, as if it's a slight electric shock. It hurts. With MBT, it was gone. However, MBT is very curvy and hurt my ankle sometimes; also I had severe allergic reaction from their leather. THIS shoes, however, is just amazing. The best of both, regular and MBT-like. I don't think I will buy any other shoes but these.

My feedback might not be neutral, because of my feet issues, yet I think even for regular walkers (alive walkers ;) they will feel more comfy steps with the cushion it has.. you'll look a bit taller too without high heels =D
on November 23, 2013
I have spurs in my heels and severe arthritis in my big toe. With any other shoes or sneakers I have to use special insoles and had to take pain killing pills everyday anyway. Since I discovered Shape-Ups my life is so much easier, because I do not feel pain from my spurs anymore at all, and walking become so much easier now! I do not have the foot, leg or back pain that I had with my other shoes. These Shape-Ups shoes get 5 stars for COMFORT. I do not wear any other type of shoes anymore. Worth every penny I paid for them!
Great shoes to ease my arthritis pain!
on June 16, 2014
This shoe may not be for everyone, it does take a little getting use to as it will make your legs tiresome. Once your legs do get use to wearing them, you will find that it takes a great deal of impact off your knees, your heels. I have had mine for 18 months now and enjoy them each time I wear them. Will make you about an half inch or so taller. I work in mine and after 10 hours my feet are not swollen. My knees don't bother me nearly as much as a work shoe does.
on July 13, 2012
My husband is in business attire while working . He has had problems with arch pain and told he needed special made inserts for his shoes . Instead we have given shape ups a try. thankfully they look dressy and no one knows they aren't dress casual shoes . He never has arch pain while wearing these shoes . I am thankful he can now look great and not worry about foot pain .

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question