Truck Reviews Beauty Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on September 10, 2014
This was my first pair of Sketchers. I usually stick to New Balance sneakers (assorted types and styles), with the occasional 'boat shoe' thrown in for flash. These "Relaxed Fit" oxfords caught my eye as I really liked the gray ones, but I did read the Amazon reviews very carefully.

The most common complaint was that they ran large. Maybe that's the 'relaxed fit' phenomenon. I never, ever, buy 'relaxed fit' jean (or slacks), as I'm reasonably slim for my height, weight and age. I checked the sizing link, read the chart, got a ruler, placed it against the end of a bookcase (nice flat edge) and stood on it. My heel-to-toe length was within a 16th of an inch of 10 1/2 inches, so I went with the 9 1/2, per the chart. With New Balance, I always go with a 10 medium (although my flat feel are a little narrower than medium) with perfect results. Given the comments that they run large, I took a chance on the 9 1/2, knowing I could return them if they were too short.

Two days later (thanks to Amazon Prime), they arrived. They really did look as nice as their picture on the Amazon page. I was impressed that they came with 2 pair of laces: one pair was beige to match the rubber sole and synthetic outsole just above it, and the second pair were grey, to go with the gray suede uppers (I went with the gray laces).

As I mentioned in the review title, the attached tag advertised "Instant Comfort." I pulled out the plastic shoe forms, laced the Sketchers up with the gray laces, and tried them on. They fit. Perfectly! My toes had enough room, they fit snuggly, without being tight, and the 'memory foam' insole was cushiony. Buying 1/2 size down from my normal size worked.

The next morning I tried them out on my normal 1 mile hike to Starbucks with my wife. They felt great. There was absolutely no breaking in required. They really were instantly comfortable. Of course, they felt just as good on the mile walk back home.

I am simply delighted with this purchase. There are no negatives to report at all. I love the color. The second pair of alternate color laces is a real plus. They fit, literally, like a glove. My flat feet love them.

Kudos to Sketchers for making such great shoes, and to Amazon for putting them in a Lightning Deal special.

This really is a 5 star product.
on March 29, 2016
This shoes is great. I'm comfortable wearing all day. You know when change from safety shoes with hard sole which I believe now safety shoes becoming lighter but this pair blow up my experience for any brand I tried so far. From Italian, Brazilian and Portuguese shoes this brand is wonderful to have.

One thing I could say about the pic display here. The color is not the same. Here it's dark while the one I received is light but I'm satisfied.
on July 16, 2014
Inexpensive, lightweight shoes that look good, fit well and are comfortable right from the start. The comfort features that I like include the memory foam, the wide toe for roominess, and the soles are substantial so you don't feel like every little rock you step on is going to go through your foot- the way many other lightweight shoes do. I also bought the canvas ones that are advertised as blue but they are more like black (that would be my only complaint). Same style, good shoes, and no I don't work for Sketchers.
on July 8, 2015
Look nice, correct length for size, wide at toes for xtreme comfort. Can wear all day, but not appropriate for my type of work, but I put them on out of the box and walked the dog, grilled, have had them on most of my home time since. Pretty comfortable shoes.
on December 2, 2015
Bought for my husband who normally wears white sneakers, LL Bean boots and leather docksiders.
They fit well and he likes new blue color (wears jeans daily). Think he will really like the memory foam and lightness when we go on vacation.
on November 4, 2016
My husband loved this style of shoe. Skechers are so comfortable and these looked great too! Most comfortable deck shoes!
on July 12, 2014
Great pair of shoes. They are very light, comfortable. They come with a second set of laces, which I thought was great!
on August 2, 2017
Very comfortable shoe. Affordable price. Loved the color and sole is pretty durable. I would purchase again.
on September 15, 2016
these have become my goto shoe. Love them
on May 19, 2014
They looks nice and fit well. I am a big guy, so its not easy finding shoes that are still comfortable at the end of a long day.
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.