Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 47 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 84 reviews
on April 17, 2010
I purchased my Shape Ups approximately six months ago. From day one I put them on and found them to be comfortable, lightweight and without difficulty walking. I have always had muscular legs but within two weeks the cuts seemed even more define. I personally did not have a need to remove them after the approximate recommended hour, they felt that comfortable. They truly do what they profess to do especially in regards to upper thigh, buttocks and legs! I must say that spring had come and I needed to do mowing and other lawn work and thought no big deal in keeping my Shape Ups on. I did this chore for some few hours. Maybe I over did my workout in them especially for doing tedious lawnwork, because my left hip was throbbing and achy. It is also possible that I got laxed in the walking motions they tell you to utilize on the DVD. On the other hand it is possible that they were working some muscle groups that havn't been worked out in a while and this was my bodys way of saying it, you know when havn't worked out in awhile and you start an excercise program and can hardly move the next day? I will have to determine whether my Shape Ups need to sit out the lawnwork job and just use them for everyday walking. To myself they were well worth the cost, and when I say that I have never had a more comfortable lightweight shoe I am not exagerating. Your purchase will definitely not be a disappointment and you will surely see results from the waist down without a doubt! I love them!
on November 18, 2009
Skechers Women's Shape Ups-Metabolize Fitness Walking Shoe

I really like theses walking shoes. They are unique.

I usually wear walking or running shoes for the treadmill and/or outdoor walking. These Skechers Shape Ups seem to make walking easier. I like the angle of the shoe sole -- it feels totally different from other walking shoes. It feels right. That is, it feels natural. The feet are positioned as they should be.

I did notice a difference in my posture immediately. My shoulders were back more and my chest was out more, as they both should be. The first time, my back was a little uncomfortable just for the first few minutes. After that, I was fine.

I usually walk for about 30 minutes, and usually I have to MAKE myself do the entire 30 minutes. With the Skechers Shape Ups, walking is not a chore any more. I actually wanted to walk more, and I did.
on May 9, 2010
It took me awhile before I purchased these Skechers, I guess because of the price. I have lower back pain, and have suffered with it for many years, standing for long periods of time and too much walking is a problem. I love tennis shoes, always have. So I purchased these Shape Ups. When I first put them on and started walking around in them, I felt like I was going to tip over, I guess because of the way these shoes are made. I went shopping to test them out and parked far away from the stores to see what this these shoes were all about. I have to say they are very comfortable. Now I don't know about the promote weight loss thing, and my legs didn't feel any different, but I can tell you my back did not hurt when wearing these shoes.
on April 27, 2011
This is my second pair of Shape Ups. I bought my first pair in an outlet store when they first came out but they were a little tight. I bought the largest size they had in stock which was my regular size. I thought they would stretch but they didn't and my toe always bumped the toe of the shoe. The only way I could wear them was bare-footed and that was gross for me. So, this time I ordered a whole size larger than my regular size and they fit perfectly even with a thick sock. I love the extra workout you get just from walking around. They are great for wearing all the time but I especially like them on the treadmill. They are pretty much my "go to" shoe unless I'm wearing sandals or the dreaded work/dress shoe.
Skechers Women's Shape Ups - Metabolize Fitness Work Out Sneaker
on August 24, 2009
Normally I'm faithfully a size 8.5 or 9 in sneakers, including normal versions of Skechers. I ordered a 9 but I could've and should've exchanged for a 9.5. Regardless of that issue, they're extremely comfortable and I'm hoping they'll give a little.
EDIT added 08/31/09: Another thing that I have noticed with these sneakers is that I don't drag my heels, a bad habit I've always had. I'm already looking into getting another pair so I can "ruin" one pair in the garden, the place I do the most walking around...
on August 12, 2009
These shoes are much cuter in real life than in the photograph. I ordered my regular size 7.5, and as with all Skechers shoes in my experience the toe box is quite short. This should not be a long-term problem because they are leather and they will stretch. That said, these really take some getting used to in the beginning. The feel really does simulate that of walking on sand. I have been wearing my Shape-ups for 2.5 weeks now, gradually working up to spending more time in the shoes while on errands, etc. At first, it was difficult to walk down the sidewalk and NOT look like I was drunk! I do really feel some muscle action going on in my saddlebag area since I started wearing these. I have also had kind of an aching back when I wake up in the morning, which I did not have previously. Not excruciating pain, but hopefully this will go away with a little time, I think it is the height and angle of the shoe since the sole is so thick. I do appreciate the added height these shoes give me. 12/31/09 update. I have lost 12 lbs over the last 8 months using Weight Watchers online. Lately, with the extra goodies over the holiday season and all, I have not been as careful watching what I eat or exercising at all but I have not gained any of the weight back. Yay me! I really believe I have to give some credit to these shoes. I'm not saying to expect a miracle with them, but I do think they may help to enhance your efforts (kind of like Alli, but without the nasty side effects!)
on July 16, 2013
I enjoyed wearing these shoes even though I never bought the "it slims you while you walk" campaign. They force you into the same step used by marching bands everywhere. I only fell over in them once, but when I did...wow! Because they are so tall, you end up with a nastier inversion sprain. I ended up tearing ligaments in two and denting cartilege. I can't recommend shoes when they might hurt you. This is even a bigger thing to consider if one has weak ankles to begin with.
on March 28, 2011
I actually really like these shoes. I was worried that they would feel too chunky, but they feel as comfortable as other sneakers or tennis shoes that I have owned in the past. I'm still waiting for results, but in the shoe's defense, I have not had a lot of opportunity to use them properly. Comfortable and priced much lower than competetive retailers.
on March 21, 2011
Ok, so I got these to shape up. I don't know if they are doing that since I also have been working out more, but I figure it doesn't hurt to have added insurance. They feel great, cushy, great arch support. I will say that you should get used to them, and be aware of your steps. They do tend to roll inward, which, as long as your mindful of that fact, you should be ok. If you are not a graceful person, well maybe you should skip these. I got them at a great price, no complaints yet. Had them for a few months now.
on February 19, 2011
With Lupus and Fibromyalgia, Skechers Shape Ups have given me my life back where walking is concerned. Was unable to walk even long enough to do grocery shopping due to lower back pain and weakness in my ankles and legs. These shoes have helped me to be able to walk daily without pain and I do not fall anymore due to weakness in the ankles and legs. I have lost weight and the doctor says I have done more with exercise and diet for my condition than she could ever do with drugs! Price was great for these shoes and they were here in no time!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.