Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Made for you. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Start your Baby Registry

on December 11, 2009
I want to hug the living heck out of the genius who perfected this technology. I've had my eye on the "Fit Flops" that I would see in the Victoria's Secret catalog for a while and wondered if they did what they claimed to do, but there was no way I'd ever spend $60 on a pair of flip flops...Not even if they were MAGIC flip flops.

I decided to finally buy these Sketchers on Cyber-Monday because Amazon was discounting these shoes by $25 and because sketchers have always treated me well comfort-wise. Well, I just took them out on their maiden-voyage to the gym and I could hardly believe what I was experiencing! I am a 30-yr old woman with arthritis, a knee that doesn't track properly, and fibromyalgia up the yin yang, due to having been hit by a car as a pedestrian 9 yrs ago. I can't even walk slow on the treadmill without my knee getting all out of whack. So, all I can really do for exercise on the daily is the eliptical machine, swimming and yoga, which I admit is tough for me to motivate myself to do (and all of you with fibromyalgia know what I mean!)

I'm telling you, my abs were on freakin fire! Anyone with arthritis or any other joint-issues MUST get this shoe. It does what it claims to so and then some! When I'm standing still, it feels like all my weight is off my heels and balls of my feet and concentrated in the middle of the arch, which happens to be full of cushy foam and air. You don't have to try and do anything different, your body will adjust immediately and your core can't help but engage. Much better than those crazy disgusting electrocution belts, but just as effortless.

I seriously believe that these shoes will change my life! Like I said, anyone with a joint condition will appreciate these shoes more than people without any chronic pain could possibly understand.

The only thing that confuses me is the differences among the different styles. I happened to get the "Optimize" just because it seems best to be optimal. I couldn't find any info on this issue, so it's a good thing I love my super-optimal shoes!
33 comments| 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 21, 2011
I have worn these PROPERLY,(they give you a dvd) & if your flat-footed..forget these,not made for flat-footed people. I have great leg strength just wanted these for the stores,errands,..they are not worth the price. The arch area to me..useless. I have given these almost a year. The arch did not hold up & well no tone -up here. They don't tell you if you have no arch or are flat-footed to not buy these. I spent this stupid money on sneakers that have no real purpose, not even to look good.(my 20 yr old makes fun of me lol)they hurt my arch area when I wear these now. lesson learned.
on January 24, 2010
These are the best shoes I have ever bought. They are the most comfortable shoes I own. The first time I put them on they did not feel like "new shoes". I have
arthritis in my low back and both knees. These shoes help ease some of the pain. I wear them every day. I own a pair of the expensive walking shoes and these
feel much better. They are simply wonderful for me. I will order another pair in another color. I highly recommend them.
on March 5, 2011
I have plantar fasciitis(heel pain) and I started wearing these sneakers a year and a half ago. Since wearing them I've experienced little heel pain and my job requires that I stand for long periods of time and I do alot of walking. As for the fitness benefits I can say that I've developed more muscle in front of my thighs and have lost weight but I can't attribute all this to the sneakers. Overall a great buy and the shoes stay in good condition for about a year of heavy use. Totally worth the money.
on November 3, 2011
I'm wearing them right now. These shoes are wonderful. They're very comfy, and look great. I have a different pair (MBT) and it feel the same, but is less expensive. If you walk slow and focus on the heel-toe movement, you can really feel your calves working. Excellent product - now I need a black pair!
on August 29, 2010
This is the most comfortable walking shoe I have ever worn. I cannot say if it really shapes or helps lose weight, just walking more would do that but I can literally wear them walking all day. The buff suede I got looks great with jeans. Dressier than regular tennis shoes. The price I paid was also $20.00 less then anywhere else I looked so I feel I got an amazing deal. Love these shoes!!
on October 23, 2010
as a kid i believed the ads that told me i could run faster and jump higher if i wore PF Flyers. sadly, these shoes are no better at increasing the effectiveness of walking than PF Flyers were at making me the athletic star of the neighborhood.

on the good side, these shoes are very comfortable. however, even with my orthotics, my ankles tend to roll in (more than with other shoes).
on September 1, 2010
I have been looking at the Shape Up for more than a year but just didn't want to pay $120. I noticed the prices coming down throughout the year, then found them on Amazon.com for $80. I am so glad I have finally experienced this product. The style, shape and fit are so different from any other shoe I have ever worn. It took less than one hour of walking to become totally comfortable. I could feel muscles up the back of my legs getting a work out within the first 10 minutes of my walk. The shoe delivers on what is advertised and I couldn't be more pleased.
on April 23, 2010
I do a lot of walking and thought I'd try these shoes. I love them. They really work your legs, have lots of cushion and, I think, are attractive. I'm thinking of getting a pair for work since I'm on my feet 6 to 8 hours at a time with no break and some of it is standing still.
on January 16, 2011
I have had these for over 1 yr now and I will never own another brand of sneaker. Has it made me slim and trim -- no. But I haven't done consent work to do that. But I feel better after wearing them. I have a bad foot and these are the only sneakers I can wear without having pain. And yes after a long day of wearing them I do feel it; but I feel it in my thighs and butt. But my feet do not ache. They are worth the extra money all day long!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.