Truck Reviews Beauty Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on September 10, 2012
I had purchased a pair of the Go Walk from another source in a heather microfiber and was very pleased with them. They were great for around the house and with casual attire but were lacking with dressier pants. I was pleased to find the same shoe in a suede upper. Same great comfort but great looking with dressier pants!

The shoes are well made with lots of interior support and cushioning. The interior is lined with an odor absorbing material which works very well. My original microfiber Go Walks have been worn without socks or foot spray every day for over a month and they smell pristine. The suede material is not very thick and provides for a lot of give in your step. The shoe is very lightweight. The top stitching is black.

I have several pairs of Skechers in varying styles and usually purchase size 9.5 for casual wear but size 10 for work so that I can insert a full-length Profoot shoe insert. In this style I can insert that shoe insert and the shoe fits perfectly. Based on that I would say this shoe runs a little large.

Amazon.com has the best price I could find on this shoe.
66 people found this helpful
on June 30, 2013
I have several pairs of Sketchers shoes and I love them all. I bought these for walking but found them to be excellent as my house shoes instead. Light as a feather at less than 6 oz each. Fabric footbed and lining, no arch support but comfortable nonetheless. The anatomic last follows the slant of the toes and are true to size - even a bit large, but they are not uncomfortable. Socks help prevent heel slippage.

The shoes are very easily to slip on and off. An unusual hole in the heel helps, although I really don't know if that's what it's there for. The suede leather upper has a reinforced toe.

According to Sketchers, "GoWalk" shoes allow you to respond to practically any surface, with "Go Inpulse sensors that move together and independently as they provide sensory feedback to the brain. This dynamic interaction promotes a natural stride." What this translates into is an ultra flexible Resalyte sole with a different size circle pattern that can twist flex in any direction. A good thing of course except that this complete flexibility and give also mines that the shoe lacks arch and lateral support - much like slippers.

These shoes are not waterproof and lack the strength required for all-terrain walking, unfortunately, the reason for the four star rating.

These shoes are as comfortable as slippers, versatile for both slick or uneven terrain (like my kid's toy strewn playroom), but elegant enough to dress up if needed for a run to the grocery store, school or even a mom's night out. An impressive feat.
7 people found this helpful
on April 28, 2015
This is from the "Original" GoWalk line of casual shoes from Skechers. As I reviewed for the GoWalk2 in turquoise, these are like wearing your favorite pair of slippers. All-day comfort, good arch support. The fit is perfect. The feel is cushiony without being 'bouncy'.
I also like the 'stone' color...it goes with everything. The soles grip so well on any surface without 'sticking'. Unlike the GoWalk 2 line, the sole color compliments the upper color, in this case, a tan/beige.
Because of the suede-like material, I'm not sure if these are washable, the uppers are leather, the rest of the materials are man-made, so I might give it a try on a cold/delicate cycle and hang dry. I paid $31.00, which I think was very reasonable for the quality.
One person found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse
I bought 4 pairs of the Skechers shoes for my mother and for myself in a couple of styles. All of the reviews are so good, I was sure these would be the perfect shoes for both of us. For both my mother and I, the top of the shoes were too tight, and for my mother, we couldn't get them on her even with a shoe horn. I could get mine one, but after a couple of hours, the top of my foot really hurt. I returned all of the shoes, and order a couple of pair for my mother that were 1/2 size larger. They were still too tight on the top of her foot, so they went back, too.

I bought the Go Walk 2 Super Sock, the Go Walk Autumn, and the Go Walk Impress Memory Fit. If the 3 styles, I liked the Go Walk 2 Super Sock the best. It had cushioning in side that really made walking feel good. The Go Walk Impress Memory Fit was OK, but less cushioning, and the Go Walk Autumn had not cushioning that would be felt. If they had not been so tight on the top of the foot, I probably would have kept all of them.
on March 23, 2015
I fell in love with Skechers Go Walk Autumn when I purchased my first pair in black suede. They are the most comfortable shoes I own! I tried several different 'models' of the Go Walk Skechers in various kinds of fabric and, honestly, they weren't comfortable for me at all. When I saw these Go Walk Autumn in a lighter color, Stone, I decided to try one more time. I'm soooooo glad I did! These Go Walks are super comfortable, like my black ones. I don't know if its the leather vs cloth or the fact that the toe caps don't wrap up the top of the shoe as far as all of the cloth ones I tried (it rubbed on my big toe on both feet...ouch!) but these are great!! My only complaint is the leather on top of the shoe, where the toe cap and the suede come together, kind of wrinkles when I walk...hopefully that will be less noticeable as I wear them more and the suede conforms to my feet.. I am very happy camper!!
on February 25, 2013
Ok, so I have odd feet: wide in front, very narrow in back, R a whole size bigger than L. Looking for shoes that did not look like 'sneakers'; since that is all my feet can tolerate-I need a R toe fusion at this point and have an arch issue on that side. So sneakers have been my only option. Any shoes I can find; I walk right out of with my very narrow heels; or they crunch my toes! This shoe: very surprised! So light, not much arch support looking at them out of the box! Put them on my feet: did not walk out of them, they are cushy; but not as much as expected; but that's ok! I have finally found a more 'moc' looking-sneaker type shoe that actually looks 'girly'! Thank goodness for this shoe! I had ordered the 9's first; because that is what my R foot now is; but the 9's were too big; went with the 8.5's! I am so happy, I now have a sneaker that looks more like a cute shoe! Highly recommend this style of sneaker-shoe! I also have the white cloth-type; I don't like the real bright colors. My husband says the white look like a nursing shoe; but I ignore that! Only issue I have with this shoe is that I got them to wear barefoot; and my feet do sweat a bit wearing them around the house. I have worn these on my treadmill; I am extremely surprised; with how light they are; that my feet feel better in these than my $140 Asics; which make my R foot hurt at the end of a workout! These are amazing!
on March 20, 2015
I've now bought three of these exact style (black suede with black sole) in the past couple of years. I wear them almost everyday. As I'm sensitive to foot pain I need comfort shoes, I'm not one who can suffer through the day in pain just for fashion's sake. That doesn't usually mean having something fairly cute to wear. These work to dress up fine with pants or casual with shorts. I use the oldest pair for the beach when I know I'm going to get them wet.

I love that they are suede rather than cloth as I am a bit hard on my shoes and cloth or fake leather just doesn't last. They had a "winter" version in a smooth leather that was discontinued before I had a chance to buy them and I really hope this style stays around for a long time! My friend bought a pair on my recommendation and also loves them!
on March 21, 2013
I got my first pair of these based on the photo alone, and they fit me like a glove, have worn nothing else since. I got concerned they might change their styles and maybe would not be making these later, so I ordered two more pairs, just in case these ever wear out. The suede is proving itself to be very tough so far, still look like new after daily wearing for a few months. But, my feet just love them, so I never want to go without. Once you try them, that's it, you don't want to go back to any other shoes. Like walking on air, because that's exactly how they work. I have some of the shoes with springs in the soles; not nearly so soft, lightweight, pliable, comfortable as these. Best shoes I've ever had. I'm close to 60 and my feet are getting very tired. I used to have very sore feet at the end of each day if I was on my feet much. These shoes are healing. I no longer have foot pain at the end of the day. They're amazing. I just hope they keep making this one style and don't change it. I would buy these the rest of my life. Even good for walking on rocks and twigs, just check your soles before entering the house. They do pick up a lot debris between the bubbles.
on June 22, 2015
I really liked them, but after about 2 hours of wear, the top of my left foot started to hurt because they were too tight. The right foot was ok.
Mind you I use arch support insoles in my other Skecher Go walks, so I thought the insoles would be fine in these shoes, and for the right foot it was fine, but for the left foot it was not. Very odd.

I was really looking forward to having a leather version of these shoes. I'm thinking to just order another pair, and maybe the left shoe will be better.
But I've run out of time. I needed these shoes for a Cruise I'm taking in about a week, and I don't think I can get a turn around and break them in before the trip. :-(
on February 11, 2015
This is my second pair of these shoes (they're the original Skechers GoWalk) and I have to say the grey suede fit me much better than either the original Skechers GoWalk in black or any other iterations of Skecher's GoWalk line. They're a true 7.5 regular, as opposed to the black pair I ordered (and returned) which had the 7.5 being too tight and the 8 being too loose. I don't know why that is, but both pairs of the grey suede, purchased eight months apart, fit perfectly.

I ordered the second pair even if the first pair are still good because I'm afraid they'll be out of stock by the time I wear out the first pair!
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.