Amazon Business Books with Buzz STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 STEM March Birthstone Book House Cleaning GimmeDanger GimmeDanger GimmeDanger  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Elton John Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM

Showing 1-10 of 3,023 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 3,165 reviews
on May 8, 2013
After trying on my first pair of Go Walk shoes, I knew I was going to wear the heck out of them. The color I really wanted, the black Wavelength (multi-colored soles, very cute) are absolutely sold out by every vendor in the world, so I bought a navy blue pair at a local store and started looking for black.

My size was not available locally, so I ordered from Amazon. They came, they are just as comfortable as my blue pair, and I am mostly happy. . .but they are different in some minor ways.

I didn't notice while ordering, but the pair I ordered is the Go Walk 2. Here are the differences from the original Go Walk:

The fabric is rougher. I don't feel it inside the shoe, but the look on the outside is sportier, and I don't think I will wear them with summer skirts and dresses, as I had planned.

There is something blockier about the look of the shoe. The vamp is higher on the top of the foot and the toe box is slightly wider.

Again, I will wear these shoes happily. But in my search for more colors (yes, this is an obsession now!), I will make sure I buy the original Go Walk version. They are just cuter!
11 comment| 183 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 12, 2014
I recently placed my third order for Sketcher's Go Walk 2 shoes with the mesh uppers. I wore my first pair for three weeks in SE Asia this fall and, although I packed some lightweight canvas Sebagos as well, the Sketchers were so great I never removed the other pair from my suitcase.
What's great? The soles are cushioned and work well on temple floors and climbing stairs at ancient ruins so I am sure they will be fabulous kicking around town. The mesh uppers are cool while protecting the feet from dust and dirt; I don't wear sandals as I don't like having dirty feet all day from street grime. And the stretch fabric moves with the foot and is forgiving in heat and humidity when the foot might swell. The design is sophisticated enough to wear in urban areas without marking one as an "American tourist in running shoes and chinos."
One needs to be careful that they buy the fabric they prefer since there are a bevy of shoes with different fabrics, all called Go Walk 2. The maker really should do something about that confusing marketing.
88 comments| 119 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 10, 2014
I know I need to exercise, and the exercise of my choice is walking. I have "difficult" feet to find shoes for, they're rather wide and I have a high arch. I've tried Grasshoppers, Keds, Dr Scholl's, Easy Spirit, Sperry's, Earth Shoes, Clarks, Aerosoles, all trying to find the perfect shoe for me. While all the others have been tolerable, my feet have always hurt somewhat at the end of the day after wearing all the other brands. Some brands stress the ball of my foot, others are a tad too narrow and squish my toes, some rub the heel...nothing major, but nothing has truly been comfortable, just tolerable. I thought I'd just have to resign myself to having chronically tired feet.

Until I tried on a pair of Skechers.

I swear, as soon as I slipped my foot into my Skechers, the sun came out from behind the clouds, small woodland creatures came out from hiding to frolic about, and a sweet little flock of birds gently placed a halo of flowers on my head. There was also a chorus of angels singing somewhere in the distance. I was too busy crying tears of joy to pay attention as to where.

These. Shoes. Are. Heaven.

The gang at Skechers are obviously in cahoots with the angels, because they have some sort of agreement with the angels not to allow anyone's feet to touch the ground while wearing them. I don't walk anymore, I am transported down the walking path on a cloud of sheer unadulterated comfort by delightful little cherubs, hired by Skechers. You can't see them, of course, but my feet know they are there, oh yes, they do.

I serenely wave at passers-by as I float by them. I stop random strangers on the walking path to tell them how comfortable these Skechers are, and how delightful the cherubs that convey me and my happy feet down the walking path are.

These shoes are as lightweight as a cloud conveyed by cute cherubs should be. I bought four more pair (in different colors) and will be bringing them on an upcoming trip. They weigh next to nothing and I actually hate to take them off at the end of the day. There is NO "breaking in" period, they are heaven right out of the box. They gently hug my heels, caress the balls of my feet and kiss my toes. I've always liked my daily walk, but now I LOVE my daily walk. My feet are like two little puppies now, eagerly panting at the door to hurry up and let's go WALK!

Can you tell I love these shoes?
22 comments| 81 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 12, 2013
They have No break in , like wearing slippers with arch support. Dressier than tennis shoes and less money than Toms.
on December 17, 2016
OMG!!!! My feet have hurt for months!!!! Within one day of putting these shoes on out of the box, the pain is almost vanished! Seriously! I have an upcoming vacation and was concerned about all the walking I was going to do, so I was searching for some shoes that might help me accomplish that without too much pain. After reading the reviews for these shoes, I decided to give them a try. I'm so glad I did. The difference is amazing - I can't tell you how much they have helped my foot pain. Not sure what was causing it, but these comfy shoes did the trick to eliminate it. Now I can walk everywhere on my trip! THANKS, Skechers!!!!
on January 31, 2014
Bought these for our trip to Disney in November, and absolutely love them! Wore these all day at the park (8am-midnight) and my feet didn't hurt at all. These are my second pair (have another in the hot pink) and will keep buying them. They are the most comfortable and more importantly light weight shoe I've ever worn. Easy to slip on and can be worn with socks or without. Due to the stretchy material they give a little more room and are not overly tight. I am a true size 8 and they fit fine. Will recommend over and over! Hope they make more colors!
on June 23, 2016
Took these on a trip traveling across Ireland. They were more comfortable than my tennis shoes! I think I used my tennis shoes once and then just used these and the sandals I brought. And we were walking upwards of 20,000 steps a day. SO COMFORTABLE I still have them and that trip was 2 years ago. Once (or if ever) they fall apart, I'm totally buying new ones.Highly recommend.
on August 4, 2014
Bought these for a trip to Florida (Disney, Universal). Needed absolute NO break-in time. Fit perfectly. No blisters of ANY kind even after wearing them all day long and walking miles at the parks! Wore without shoes in the rain and no blisters or uncomfortable rubbing even when wet, and they dried wonderfully. Did have to throw them in the washing machine though because even with the antimicrobial insoles, they needed a little freshening up after a while! But they came out as good as new. I wear them constantly.

I also had a fun time at the parks noticing all the other women wearing the same shoes in all different colors! So obviously, a very popular product for extended walking circumstances.
on May 10, 2013
I've had a pair of suede GoWalk shoes since Oct 2012 - bought them the day before going to Chicago for a 3.5 day conference. I wore them straight out of the box the whole time with no problems and they soon became by favorites! I would even tell complete strangers looking around in shoe stores about how great these shoes are!

Forward to last week and the arrival of my new GoWalk2 shoe for summer. NO, No,no...they do not fit: the back is uncomfortable,they are stiff, the toe box is narrower and longer. They are going to be returned. Normally I would never buy shoes online, but my GoWalks were perfect and I figured that these would be too. I do hope that the #2 after these doesn't mean that the original GOWalk is being replaced. If so I'd better stock up.

Sad and disgruntled : (
22 comments| 116 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 28, 2014
I purchased a pair of the Go Walk shoes last year and loved them so had to try the latest. These are the most comfortable walking shoes I have ever owned and fit perfectly! The new Amazon phone tracker worked perfectly as well and I got them exactly when Amazon told me I would. I try to walk a lot in the spring, summer and fall and these shoes are the best, even for shopping marathons when you walk for hours!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.