Spring Deals Automotive HPC Children of Blood and Bone New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry SpringEvent_Lawn_and_Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

on January 12, 2014
I recently placed my third order for Sketcher's Go Walk 2 shoes with the mesh uppers. I wore my first pair for three weeks in SE Asia this fall and, although I packed some lightweight canvas Sebagos as well, the Sketchers were so great I never removed the other pair from my suitcase.
What's great? The soles are cushioned and work well on temple floors and climbing stairs at ancient ruins so I am sure they will be fabulous kicking around town. The mesh uppers are cool while protecting the feet from dust and dirt; I don't wear sandals as I don't like having dirty feet all day from street grime. And the stretch fabric moves with the foot and is forgiving in heat and humidity when the foot might swell. The design is sophisticated enough to wear in urban areas without marking one as an "American tourist in running shoes and chinos."
One needs to be careful that they buy the fabric they prefer since there are a bevy of shoes with different fabrics, all called Go Walk 2. The maker really should do something about that confusing marketing.
88 comments| 137 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 9, 2017
In a way I hate to get started writing this review. There almost is no way to stop telling anyone and everyone how wonderful this particular shoe in the Skecher line is. It lines up with superb comfort and wear ability. I bought my first pair of the Go Walk 2 Slip-On when they first arrived on the shelf years ago, I wore these exclusively if I wasn't wearing a particular comfort style of a Croc. I don't buy shoes to fit my apparel. I now buy apparel to fit with my Skechers Go Walk.

At one point when Skechers stopped making this particular version, I took any opportunity to express my regret and displeasure with Skechers for letting go of this one. All other Skecher versions were okay, but either slipped up and down on my heel, did not fit the same, and was not as flexible which caused some pain to my big toe. It looked like there was not going to be any more Skechers for me once my 2 reliable Go Walk 2's were done for - worn out. (BTW, these old first pairs are still going strong.)

But, gratefully, the Go Walk 2 has returned, at least on Amazon, and I now have about 3 pair on the top shelf of my closet being reserved for the day I may need to replace my original pairs, especially if they stop making these again.

The comfort is Sooo unique that I truly have felt that maybe walking on clouds might feel the same. And besides that, these shoes actually made me "want to walk". The feet just don't get tired when wearing these. There is no place I want to go or nothing I want to do that would require me to leave these shoes behind and resting in a shoe closet. They are happy to be on my feet and my feet are Happy they are there.
[I wasn't paid to make this review. I offer it freely to you, no strings attached.]
on February 10, 2017
great shoe, very light and most comfortable, the sole stands wear quite well, I am a heavy walker, usually wears shoes off rather quickly, but this one stands wear quite well given the amount of walk I did in it, two years with the same pair, really cannot complain at all. Will definitely buy many pairs as I can. The size did seem to change a bit, two years ago, size 7 fits me well, now it is size 8 (I know for sure that my feet have not changed).
on March 10, 2014
I know I need to exercise, and the exercise of my choice is walking. I have "difficult" feet to find shoes for, they're rather wide and I have a high arch. I've tried Grasshoppers, Keds, Dr Scholl's, Easy Spirit, Sperry's, Earth Shoes, Clarks, Aerosoles, all trying to find the perfect shoe for me. While all the others have been tolerable, my feet have always hurt somewhat at the end of the day after wearing all the other brands. Some brands stress the ball of my foot, others are a tad too narrow and squish my toes, some rub the heel...nothing major, but nothing has truly been comfortable, just tolerable. I thought I'd just have to resign myself to having chronically tired feet.

Until I tried on a pair of Skechers.

I swear, as soon as I slipped my foot into my Skechers, the sun came out from behind the clouds, small woodland creatures came out from hiding to frolic about, and a sweet little flock of birds gently placed a halo of flowers on my head. There was also a chorus of angels singing somewhere in the distance. I was too busy crying tears of joy to pay attention as to where.

These. Shoes. Are. Heaven.

The gang at Skechers are obviously in cahoots with the angels, because they have some sort of agreement with the angels not to allow anyone's feet to touch the ground while wearing them. I don't walk anymore, I am transported down the walking path on a cloud of sheer unadulterated comfort by delightful little cherubs, hired by Skechers. You can't see them, of course, but my feet know they are there, oh yes, they do.

I serenely wave at passers-by as I float by them. I stop random strangers on the walking path to tell them how comfortable these Skechers are, and how delightful the cherubs that convey me and my happy feet down the walking path are.

These shoes are as lightweight as a cloud conveyed by cute cherubs should be. I bought four more pair (in different colors) and will be bringing them on an upcoming trip. They weigh next to nothing and I actually hate to take them off at the end of the day. There is NO "breaking in" period, they are heaven right out of the box. They gently hug my heels, caress the balls of my feet and kiss my toes. I've always liked my daily walk, but now I LOVE my daily walk. My feet are like two little puppies now, eagerly panting at the door to hurry up and let's go WALK!

Can you tell I love these shoes?
33 comments| 136 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 7, 2017
I bought these to replace my old Go Walk shoes that I had transitioned to garden use and I was not disappointed. They are even more comfortable that the old shoe and I got a 'cute shoe' comment from my daughter. One change from the old shoe that I really, really like is that the sole on the older shoe was deeply grooved and dirt and stones would get caught in the grooves which was somewhat irritating. The soles on these shoes have been fixed so that no longer happens. These are my 'go to' shoes and I love them.
on June 26, 2014
I've purchased a similar pair of Sketchers a year ago and literally walked them into the ground. They were my faithful companions walking through New York, Paris, Munich, and wherever else walking was required.

The thing about these shoes is that they are super lightweight, fit amazingly well, my feet don't sweat in them and you can literally walk in them for miles/hours without ever hurting your joints or feet. They are my favorite shoes!
on February 10, 2016
These are the most comfortable shoes I own. I bought a pair at a Sketchers store, but they didn't have Black in my size. I searched and found them on Amazon! These Go Walk 2's provide excellent cushy support when you walk. They are flexible, slip on and offer true comfort. Walking feels like you are supported on a cushion of air. I highly recommend.
on August 13, 2017
These shoes are so comfortable. It's like walking on air. I did not have to get a half size or a full size smaller or bigger than my normal size. Perfect. I bought the taupe which wasn't too light or too dark. Perfect. Looking forward to purchasing some more in other colors.
on December 23, 2017
Love ! at first sight, have these on straight out of the Box '' The shoe is Beautiful and so much cushioning the price was awesome and Delivery was quick Amazon is my favorite place to order from Keep bringing these shoes the price is great compared to shoe stores and Kohls they are at least 25.00 cheaper and I do not have to get in traffic they are brought right to my door !!!!!
on March 28, 2014
I purchased a pair of the Go Walk shoes last year and loved them so had to try the latest. These are the most comfortable walking shoes I have ever owned and fit perfectly! The new Amazon phone tracker worked perfectly as well and I got them exactly when Amazon told me I would. I try to walk a lot in the spring, summer and fall and these shoes are the best, even for shopping marathons when you walk for hours!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.